Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News BattleTech Kickstarter Update #48: Releasing in April, Basics Video #1

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes; Jordan Weisman; Mike McCain; Mitch Gitelman; Paradox Interactive

We've known for a while that Harebrained Schemes' BattleTech was going to come out sometime early this year. Today we've learned which month, if not the exact date. The game will be releasing in April, which is turning out to be quite a hectic month. Let's hope they at least give Pillars II a few weeks distance. Paradox have put together a new trailer, which you can see in the game's latest Kickstarter update. It features Jordan Weisman, Mitch Gitelman and Mike McCain, and is the first in a three-part series of introductory videos:

BattleTech is now available for preorder on Steam, GOG, or directly from Paradox for the price of $40. There's some sort of silly mech skin preorder bonus, which Kickstarter backers also get of course. You might also be interested in last month's Kickstarter update, which listed some of the features that weren't going to make it for the game's release. Nothing too important I think, unless you really care about fan service cameos in the campaign.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. That Damn Dog Erudite

That Damn Dog
    Parrots:
    The Reseens are definitely in, though?

^ Top  
  3. Ruzen Learned

Ruzen
    Parrots:
    Expecting at least 10 DLCs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Soul Educated

Soul
    Parrots:
    And unfinished game. Even after all those DLCs.

I just hope Paradox is only a publisher here and has nothing to say about production or design.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Van-d-all Learned

Van-d-all
    Parrots:
    I really hope they will deliver. Shadowrun games were pretty decent when considered among other indie and they didn't fuck up the setting. Then again, Shadowrun was a pretty low bar.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. SausageInYourFace Arcane Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Strange decision indeed, don't they expect to cannibalize each other?

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Feyd Rautha Augur Patron

Feyd Rautha
    Parrots:
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I won't start the campaign untill this is in. I want the full experience

^ Top  
  8. That Damn Dog Erudite

That Damn Dog
    Parrots:
    Most of which will be mech packs

^ Top  
  9. imweasel Arcane

imweasel
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 8
    • Despair x 2
    • Old x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. That Damn Dog Erudite

That Damn Dog
    Parrots:
    I look forward to the ways in which House Kurita will be demeaned and defamed by HBS, following this line of thought.

^ Top  
  11. FreeKaner Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

FreeKaner
    Parrots:
    What's this about?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 4
    • Old Old x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. InternalRevenue Novice

InternalRevenue
    Parrots:
    During the last dev Q&A they stated that the Warhammer, Maurauder and Raven would not be in at launch. The Archer and Rifleman were never on the official mech list.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. That Damn Dog Erudite

That Damn Dog
    Parrots:
    Raven I'd be willing to forgive because that thing doesn't show up until 3048 at the earliest anyway. Not putting the Whammy and Marauder in is just being fucking chickenshit, unless they seriously think they're going to lose the Harmony Trolld lawsuit. Which, of course, begs the fucking question: why has Microsoft not stepped in and pushed HG's shit in?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. *-*/\--/\~ Savant

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    Video says combat and yet again, Beardy McCigar fills it with his ugly face instead.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)