Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview BattleTech Kickstarter Update #37: Fresh Screenshots

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes; Mitch Gitelman

Harebrained Schemes still aren't ready to announce a new date for the recently delayed BattleTech backer beta. To tide us over in the meantime, they've published a new Kickstarter update with a fresh batch of screenshots from their current build. Since the Codex loves eye candy (and arguing about eye candy), I figured I'd post them here to cap off what's been a very busy day:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

On behalf of the whole team, thank you for the overwhelming show of support and positive energy we received after our last update. We deeply appreciate it. When you’re flying full-throttle down the Death Star trench with turbo-lasers blazing past your cockpit and the exhaust port coming up fast, it’s nice to know that “The Backers are with you.”

No update on our Backer Beta timing yet - we’re stepping back to make sure our plan is solid, our team is working at a healthy pace, and we have the right level of internal testing before releasing it into the wilds of Backerdom. As many of you have speculated, it’s unlikely we’ll announce a new date until we’re very confident we will hit it.

In the interim, we thought we'd show some new screenshots of the game in action to help tide everyone over. These are unedited shots - though we did turn off the interface and use a debug camera in-game to get the pretty we wanted. You can click on the images to get a hi-res version for each. Hope you enjoy!
    You may also be interested in this BattleTech "MIDI mood piece" by Harebrained composer John Everist, spotted earlier by Codex BattleTech watcher Taka-Haradin puolipeikko. Apparently it's to be the first in a series of videos offering a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the game's soundtrack.

• Brofist x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • decline x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Azalingender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Parrots:
    :mrpresident:

^ Top  
  3. oldmanpacogender: ⚧ Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    Parrots:
    Did they say what races the mech pilots in these pics were? That shit better be inclusive!

• Funny x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • incline x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • Build the Wall! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Cudgelgender: ⚧ Learned Patron

Cudgel
    Parrots:
    Personally I identify as a Hunchback; keep your crypto-bio-organic oppression to yourself.

Also the games graphic's already looks nicer to me then MWO..... Unity > Crysis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. CRDgender: ⚧ Learned Patron

CRD
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Looking great, a big step from shadowrun games.

I hope they can continue making games and see in the future another shadowrun with a biggest scope.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Elwrogender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Elwro
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Still would've prefered 2d hex.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. l3loodAngelgender: ⚧ Proud INTJ Patron

l3loodAngel
    Parrots:
    That's the only KS I don't regret backing thus far, just don't destroy it with SJW nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again imweaselgender: ⚧ Arcane

imweasel
    Parrots:
    Definitely not white.

:roll:

So, people didn't take a like your liberal white genocide and race-mixing fantasies? Fucking libshit cucks.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Elwrogender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Elwro
    Parrots:
    So I've been kinda out of the loop on this one.

I thought we all wanted a good turn-based Battletech game, where 'good' relates to the implementation of the mechanics, mission design, possibly some rudimentary RPG elements; I'd hope for a good multiplayer client but have no idea if it's planned.

Now I see there was some shitstorm about the colors of the pilots' skin.

What the fuck happened? Who cares about shit like this? Good line of sight calculation is what counts. Implementing targeting of specific mech components is what counts. And so on. What's so important about the colors of character models?

• Brofist x 6
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ArchAngelgender: ⚧ Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    I didn't regret backing Grim Dawn as well :D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Cudgelgender: ⚧ Learned Patron

Cudgel
    Parrots:
    The Inner Sphere isn't the Imperium, There are loads of non-white people. It would not be that surprising to have a crew of different races.

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again imweaselgender: ⚧ Arcane

imweasel
    Parrots:
    Funny how "diversity" suddenly becomes unimportant to a libshit cuck when everyone has dark skin, dark hair and dark eyes and is obviously not white like in this game.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Jimmiousgender: ⚧ Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    The white people with blonde hair are way too faggy to get into mechs man. They must send people with at least dark hair to do the job.

In any case, game looks very cool, every update is looking better and better

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Elwrogender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Elwro
    Parrots:
    I just consulted the screenshots again. My astute sense of perception tells me that they depict giant mechs in combat across a variety of landscapes. I honestly don't see the pilots' skin color anywhere. Is it hidden in some menu just to piss you people off? Remember that if the horribly evil game tells you your pilot is black, desperately trying to ruin your fun, then since the pilot is not visible in combat, you can just depict a 1'90 blond aryan male sitting in the cockpit with the maneuvering sticks firmly controlled by his arse, if that's what you prefer.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. l3loodAngelgender: ⚧ Proud INTJ Patron

l3loodAngel
    Parrots:
    It's a little bit more than that and not everyone who doesn't like SJW garbage is a racist. If you would have read the back stories of pilots (which were retarded beynod belief and designed to just push some retarded agenda down your throat for no reason) you would understand what we are talking about. It's that not they are colored is that there is not a single white person on the whole fucking roster. Not a fucking token white pilot. And there are also cutscenes and etc.

And you know it would be fine IF most of the population playing their fucking games wouldn't be white (my guess). So if the company wants to upset majority of their paying customers just cause, it's fine, but I won't pay for that.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    If this turns out to be a solid tactical combat game and it gets reviewbombed by 'tards because "no token white guy" then I'm blaming you oldmanpaco

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again ERYFKRADgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Some of that crew ancestry was fucking weird, like egypto-irish, finnish-hawaiian swedish-japanese or whatever. Really stood out on account of how out of the way they want to trace ancestry like that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  18. l3loodAngelgender: ⚧ Proud INTJ Patron

l3loodAngel
    Parrots:
    Yes you do that, because he is the emperor of white people. SJWs and their retardation.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jimmiousgender: ⚧ Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    The only SJWs I see here are the people butthurt for the supposed lack of white people in the game. Fighting for the just/balanced depiction of all races is what SJWs do, right?
    Or is it that you want 90% all white pilots and a couple of darker skinned ones for the laughs? Then you fall into another retarded category.
    A simple solution is to not care about the skin colour of the pilots of the mechs in a game but I guess that's too much... so lets rage! :argh:

• retadred retadred x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again imweaselgender: ⚧ Arcane

imweasel
    Parrots:
    Your love for SJWism and libtards is showing again.

Here you go. White genocide and race-mixing fantasies HBS style.

• Brofist x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. l3loodAngelgender: ⚧ Proud INTJ Patron

l3loodAngel
    Parrots:
    No retard I am not like you dumb fucks, because I don't fight or fucking pretend to fight for a greater cause. I just want to pick a fucking white pilot from the fucking roster. In other words I am a customer and I am ordering a fucking meal in the restaurant. Not pushing retarded agenda like you dumb fucks.

• retadred x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again imweaselgender: ⚧ Arcane

imweasel
    Parrots:
    Not even Bioware would dare to pull something like this. HBS is the king of the cucks.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • Agree x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again Rogueygender: ⚧ Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Politics aside, it's impressive how HBS's artists put inXile's to shame, even with their heavy use of college interns. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Elwrogender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Elwro
    Parrots:
    Alright, I read the backgrounds of the chars. (*yawn*) Before I comment, could you guys point me to the info on genocide you're referring to?

• Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Zarniwoopgender: ⚧ Destiny Cleanser Patron

Zarniwoop
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Oh gawd another "anti-x is just as bad as x" retard.

Where do they get you from, Millennial Mart?Special discounts for a 12 pack?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)