Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

aeternalis

Wordcel
Patron
My friend Cole brought Battletech tabletop to Game Club (why yes, I do go to a nerd school) and the tabletop group, which I'm a part of, really enjoyed as a break up from D&D and Star/Zombie Munchkin. Had a lot of fun. I hope this comes out and is good.

Funny, I also played tabletop BT in school. I was cautiously optimistic on this from the beginning based on it being turn-based and in 3025 so there won't be any Clan bullshit. Their recent updates have sounded good.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As a long time Battletech junkie, the new state they created is in sort of a weird spot since a later colonization plan takes place in the region that breaks off into it's own faction. If it becomes canon in the Tabletop game (and it will likely be) then there'll be lots of retconning to fit it in the post-3025 timeline unless they decide that it just collapses before 3050.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Concept art:
https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/2797?page=5
Z0Aly4N.jpg

cxaJ2Ed.jpg

A4ZVrmk.jpg

chmN1aH.jpg

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
How come in this motherfuckin BattleTech franchise there is virtually zero information about mechs height?

Mustawd

This looks pretty good. Like that the AI takes advantage of elevation.

Not a BT player, but like how some aspects of the UI are handling tabletop rules well, like LOS, without making it too cumbersome.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1647007

A “Super-Pre-Alpha” First Look at BATTLETECH Combat - And It’s Playable at GenCon! Plus a New Late Backer Opportunity!

Hey everyone! Mike here. In the months since our Kickstarter campaign closed late last year, every one of us on the BATTLETECH team has been working hard to bring BATTLETECH to life - and today, we’re very excited to present to you a short sneak-peek at a super, super, pre-alpha build of the game. And as our Backers, we wanted to make sure that you all would be the very first people to see it - so this is a private update for Backers only.

Before you watch the video - please be aware that there’s bugs and missing features a-plenty here! We’re showing off where we’re at with combat gameplay here, warts and all. Some specific combat features that are part of the game but didn’t make it into this demo include: stability/falling, MechWarrior special abilities, reverse movement, better damage reporting, and melee. (We all really wanted to show off some of the awesome melee attacks the team’s been working on, but it’s still just not quite ready for primetime.) Note that this also doesn’t showcase any elements of the game’s campaign or story - this is an example of a single mission that you might embark on during your Mercenary career.

Anyway - with that said, here is your first look at BATTLETECH. Jordan and Mitch and I are incredibly proud of the work the team has already done on this project, and look forward to showing you more of the game later this year - and if you happen to be in Indianapolis this weekend for GenCon, stop by Booth 2329 to say hi and try the demo out for yourself!

Until next time,

Mike

...and here's a few screenshots!

b5f5f63aa880fff5a0a745c89e24c83d_original.jpg

Come See Us at GenCon 2016!
Gonna be in Indianapolis Indiana this weekend (August 4-7) and want to put your hands on our Super-Pre-Alpha First Look at BATTLETECH? Want to meet BattleTech, Shadowrun, and Crimson Skies (plus a lot more) creator Jordan Weisman? How about the crew who brought you the Shadowrun Returns series including Lead Writer Andrew McIntosh?

Well you can do it all at GenCon 2016! Harebrained Schemes will be in Booth 2329 and we can’t wait to meet you and show you what we’re up to. Use this handy map tool to find us!

Reinforcement Opportunity For Late Backers!
One of the most common questions we get (besides, “Which ‘Mechs will be in the game?”) is “Can I still back the project?” Up until today the answer has been, “No.”

Now that all the design, production, manufacturing, and shipping for physical rewards is behind us, we feel comfortable opening up a limited number of DIGITAL-ONLY Backer levels, so that folks who missed our Kickstarter can become Late Backers and reinforce the mission.

We’re still working hard on a license from Topps that would allow us to create new BT merch for everyone to enjoy. If that deal comes together we will let you know! For now, let your friends know that they can still get in on the action and support the project by choosing from one of the following Late Reinforcement Backer Levels:

RECRUIT REINFORCEMENT - $25 or more

• A DIGITAL copy of the BATTLETECH game for Windows, Mac, or Linux through your choice of Steam, GOG or Humble. (DRM-free versions available, too!).
  • A GREAT HOUSE WALLPAPER PACK. Proudly proclaim your House allegiance on your PC, tablet, phone, and social media pages.
MECHJOCK REINFORCEMENT - $35 or more

All of the above, PLUS:

• A digital download of the BATTLETECH ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK.
  • THE ART OF BATTLETECH in PDF format! See behind-the-scenes concept art and how we go from concept art to the final look and feel of the game.
MECHWARRIOR REINFORCEMENT - $50 or more

All of the above, PLUS:

• Access to the SKIRMISH and MULTIPLAYER GAME BETAs. Get in early to learn the ropes of ’Mech combat and help us make the game better.
  • A BACKER-ONLY VARIANT of the Atlas Assault 'Mech with an exclusive model and paint job.
  • A brand-new four part ORIGINAL FULL-LENGTH BATTLETECH E-NOVEL by legendary author Michael A. Stackpole.
IMPORTANT NOTES

• Our system is not set up to allow current Backers to easily upgrade to a higher level. If you are currently a Backer at the $25 or $35 reward tier and want to upgrade to the $35 or $50 reward tier, please contact us on our web site and we’ll help you make that change.
  • We did not re-open the INITIATE OF THE ORDER digital reward level because we felt that entry into the Order of Valhalla should remain exclusive to our original Kickstarter Backers.
Please share our Late Backer and Add-Ons link with your friends and followers on social media so that they can become reinforcements and join the mission!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope full game will have some glory animations of hits and criticals, nuXcom style. Those are fun on first play (later I turn it off) and casuals also love them.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Concept art tanks looks banal shit boring considering they dont seem to cling to BT fluff. Could have been funner.

Reserving a turn and getting that turn back is a horrible gameplay decision without timelimits on maps. Campers dream. And the first 2 rules of fighting against AI is camping/kiting and concentrating firepower. Now load onto it their supposed interest in scouting mechanics and this game is already broken before release...

A good thing I noticed is that the mechs are beefier. Combat is grindier. Cant usually kill the shooter in his turn. Cept for that crit, cept for the rear armor...

Also, whats the point of differentiating between front/rear if running behind a mech is so easy, always take the back. Needs a slowdown-boyo counter.

I did look good visually. Planning the pathing reminded me of Shadowrun... and that camper game turned out not particularly impressive...

Destroid

Arcane
Concept art tanks looks banal shit boring considering they dont seem to cling to BT fluff. Could have been funner.

Reserving a turn and getting that turn back is a horrible gameplay decision without timelimits on maps. Campers dream. And the first 2 rules of fighting against AI is camping/kiting and concentrating firepower. Now load onto it their supposed interest in scouting mechanics and this game is already broken before release...

A good thing I noticed is that the mechs are beefier. Combat is grindier. Cant usually kill the shooter in his turn. Cept for that crit, cept for the rear armor...

Also, whats the point of differentiating between front/rear if running behind a mech is so easy, always take the back. Needs a slowdown-boyo counter.

I did look good visually. Planning the pathing reminded me of Shadowrun... and that camper game turned out not particularly impressive...

Most of the issues you raise are mitigated on the tabletop by mechanics that are their absent or modified in this computer version. Specifically changes to the sequencing of actions and chances to hit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom