Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://harebrained-schemes.com/blog...ions-about-battletech-join-us-on-monday-9-28/

BT_LivestreamAnnounce_1200x750.jpg

Heads up, first stream starts in an hour: http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's live:

They're going to show the Kickstarter pitch video.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Who are these people talking now, and why should I care about what they have to say?

They're the hosts of the stream.

These guys are on full shill duty for BattleTech! I'll tell you when the HBS guys show up.

m_s0

Arcane
That guy's intro was borderline Lloyd Kaufmanesque :salute:

Yeah, not worth jumping in now. It's shilling with technical difficulties.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Looks like Mike Stackpole's going to have a creative role on the game.

Right, they're showing the pitch video.

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
Not too excited about the multiplayer stretch goal but it makes a lot of sense.

Still...

:takemymoney:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Now there's a live Q&A with questions taken from the Twitch chat.

There will be non-mech vehicle units. They're not committing to infantry, though.

There'll be a "scenario designer" to create your own skirmish scenarios, but no official modding support beyond that.

(Jordan initially thought "modding" was modifying your mechs, heh. That's in.)

Mech melee confirmed. It's not just shootan'

There will be mini-stretch goals for special/rare mechs and stuff like that in between the major stretch goals.

There will be a voice acting stretch goal, but it won't be for full voice acting, just key characters and key events.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jordan said the game will be more of a tactical combat game with RPG elements (by comnparison to Shadowrun), that was known already, but someone with an account could ask how far are they intending to push the RPG elements (reactivity, C&C, branching, etc).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Music done by the composer of Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Jordan said the game will be more of a tactical combat game with RPG elements (by comnparison to Shadowrun), that was known already, but someone with an account could ask how far are they intending to push the RPG elements (reactivity, C&C, branching, etc).

Pretty sure it's just gonna be mech pilot stats.

They're also taking the Shadowrun writing team. Sorry men, no more Shadowrun games.

Mike Stackpole will be writing novellas. Looks like there will be social media stretch goals or something like that, and if they get achieved he writes more.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
In multiplayer, if they can get it, they'd like to investigate but can't commit to more than 1v1 PvP.

If they get to the open-ended game stage, you'll be able to manage a mercenary company with multiple lances of mechs (but you only have a single lance in any one battle)

Seems like travel time will be a factor.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Jumpjets confirmed. Death From Above!

You will be creating your own mercenary company from scratch (it's not one from the lore). They're still not sure how you will interact with the companies from the established lore.

Interview over. They're doing another one tonight where they'll try to ask the questions they didn't get to.

Not hugely interesting, but what can you expect I guess.

Last edited:

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This is all well and good, but if they want my pledge they'll need to prove they can deliver proper AI and difficulty.
I can close my eyes with an RPG-lite like S:R but with a tactical game like this one it's a deal-breaker...

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Music done by the composer of Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Pretty sure it's just gonna be mech pilot stats.

They're also taking the Shadowrun writing team. Sorry men, no more Shadowrun games.

Mike Stackpole will be writing novellas. Looks like there will be social media stretch goals or something like that, and if they get achieved he writes more.
After previous Kickstarters having these and them failing to deliver properly, I am against this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom