Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Sinatar

Arbiter
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

EDIT: Thread title should be Armada, can't keep all these stupid ass subtitles straight.

From the developers of Stellar Impact

gothic1.jpg

gothic2.jpg

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
WH40k is a ridiculous setting but the ships are even more ridiculous.

Having said that I still hope it turns out to be a good game.

Destroid

Arcane
All that glowing shit is pretty horrible but BFG has pretty interesting rules. I hope they don't just make a standard RTS out of it, that would be quite a waste.

Absalom

WH40k is a ridiculous setting but the ships are even more ridiculous.

Having said that I still hope it turns out to be a good game.
Actually the most 'realistic' thing about WH40k is the space battles. Ships are hideously expensive, and engagements happen across distances of thousands of miles.

Ashery

Prophet
Actually the most 'realistic' thing about WH40k is the space battles. Ships are hideously expensive, and engagements happen across distances of thousands of miles.

...Only thousands?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OTOH ramming.
Actually, ramming drone ships (ie the kinetic bus : ship with only propellant designed to kamikaze into another one and destroy it through kinetic energy) are theorycrafted to be one of the two realistic space based weapons (the other being laser ship).

Destroid

Arcane
Actually, ramming drone ships (ie the kinetic bus : ship with only propellant designed to kamikaze into another one and destroy it through kinetic energy) are theorycrafted to be one of the two realistic space based weapons (the other being laser ship).

That's usually called a missile.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Only space strategy games I'm expecting to bring me any enjoyment are mandate and the homeworld HD remakes. This is just meh

Quatlo

Arcane
Stellar Impact was decent wasn't it?
Maybe there is some hope after all.
Please don't suck, please don't suck.
Please
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom