Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
wait WAIT, i just noticed official site says 'BATTLEFIELD' not 'battlefield 5' . Meaning it might hint that it's not a sequel to BF 3 and 4 yeaaaaaaa.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
BF3 and BF4 have garbage eye burning lighting (sun is more powerful than real one + nuclear explosion)

There is already Forgotten Hope, Project Reality 1942, Days of Infamy (Insurgency) + the one for BF2, forgot name.
And Red Orchestra 2 obviously.

So why even bother with WW2?
inb4 not casual friendly for illiterate adhd kiddos

bussinrounds

Augur
BF3 and BF4 have garbage eye burning lighting (sun is more powerful than real one + nuclear explosion)

There is already Forgotten Hope, Project Reality 1942, Days of Infamy (Insurgency) + the one for BF2, forgot name.

So why even bother with WW2 ?

Any good campaigns here or just mp shit ?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

So why even bother with WW2?

'cause Battlefield stands for BIG ASS HOLLYWOOD EXPLOSIONS AND PRODUCTION VALUES, and we hadn't had a WW2 game with those for a while.

tormund

Arcane
Yeah, let's forget Hardline(shit) and Battlefront(which is what DICE worked on after BF4 I think), then it's really not a yearly series.
There is a difference between the main episodes and some cashgrab spin off. The main BF series is not yearly released.
Interestingly, "cash grab spin-off" (BC2) was only NuBattlefield game that Ive played to some extent. BF3 was the last BF game I've bought, and I dropped it p fast. I couldn't care less for what came later.

It would be interesting if this is based around some different environment, either WW1 or distant future, just so I can see people get hyped about it and scream how it will be different and unique and thus deserves everyone's support... only to discover that it is same crap as always after they get to actually play the game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
One of Dice devs said on twitter

We think you will be blown away from the reveal. Don't miss it.

Just putting some final touches on a little thing for Friday. The internet is going to crumble!

http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-5-reveal-will-blow-players-away-dice

This really gonna be WW 1 or WW2. IT MUST BE. If it would be reboot of 1942, same mechanics with new graphics and total destruction..... insta buy !

1942-1024x508.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I also doubt it's WW1, unless they go alternative-reality with crazy Jet-Zeppelins dropping off Mecha-Kaisers.

I think you might be onto something there, they might do a futuristic WW 1 setting.

tormund

Arcane
Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
yes yes yes

ClsHYGh.jpg

WW1 BF and proper mechanics and oh god this WILL be the best BF

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
HERE WE GO

It must be a zeppelin blocking out the sun. Either that or some massive bf 2111114444422222 spaceship.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Or the guy is sitting in a trench and tank is going over him ?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
EA and Dice will be smug as hell as they steal all the thunder of NuCoD.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The main concern I see of a WW1 battlefield is that it will surely be kwans vs krauts, even though US forces only played a relatively minor role, at the end of the war.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So now I'm reading rumors that it is really called Battlefield I and placed in 1920. Probably some alternative WWI where the war still rages on? Or where Germany won a' la Wolfenstein TNO? Probably a better choice as a historically accurate WWI game would cause too much nationalist butthurt.

Fuck I never cared about Battlefield but this one has me intrigued.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom