Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
ChOMQW0UoAAXBsD.jpg

next week

Riskbreaker

Loving the traces of dat beloved BF3 lens/screen dirt effect on that countdown screen. :D Authentic Next Gen Battlefield touch if there ever was one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What is the chance that new BF will not be shit ?

also BF 1942 was the best.

Moink

Cipher
Wasn't there a rumor that it was going to be set in WW1?

I hope it is.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm cautiously optimistic. I put in 100 hours into BF3 before I dropped it. I liked it but I severely hated how the best game modes and maps were held out for DLC, plus I played it on PS3 and the game still has an unpatched glitch in which your weapons still don't show up. I was really good at it though.

I now play BF4 on PS4 and I'm shit at it mainly due to the fact that I play it once a month because my brothers have it and i don't like some design choices in the series and the classes are still unbalanced. Plus I hate this gay premium crap and the overpriced DLC that I refuse to pay for.

I did like Bad Company 2 multiplayer for the hour I played it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I would be amazed if the game was WW 1 or WW 2, ok if the game was in future, and bored if it's gonna be modern war again.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My bet is setting similiar or a direct sequel to 2142 seeing how in Battlefield 4 they introduced futuristic equipment in one DLC.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
If it's really WW1 and done well then I'll buy it. It's probably shit though, nobody would allow for making entire new set of assets and mechanics just because you wanted new setting in what is essentially yearly series.

Also - Americans had to little influence on the conflict to give them significant amount of content which will leave the biggest shooter audience with very tiny amount of "their" content.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Yeah, let's forget Hardline(shit) and Battlefront(which is what DICE worked on after BF4 I think), then it's really not a yearly series.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any chances that I will ever be excited about any (new) Battlefield disappeared when I played Red Orchestra.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, let's forget Hardline(shit) and Battlefront(which is what DICE worked on after BF4 I think), then it's really not a yearly series.
There is a difference between the main episodes and some cashgrab spin off. The main BF series is not yearly released.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If it will be WW 1 it's insta buy for me, just because there are pretty much none WW 1 shooters, and battlefield with ww 1 planes and le funny tanks, might be good if true.

1869993_0.jpg

Lunac

Arcane
Offline bots? Moddable? Massive maps? No? Then its just another CoD flavored shootarrr gaem of the season for the tween/twittarrr crowd.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Must be a spin-off from the LA studio, because DICE Stockholm just wrapped up Battlefront last year and is also making Mirror's Edge.

I also doubt it's WW1, unless they go alternative-reality with crazy Jet-Zeppelins dropping off Mecha-Kaisers.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
WW1 wud be best because planes and tanks would not be overpowered and soldiers would have a bigger role.

If they would make planes slow you could shoot them even with mg's.

Puukko

Arcane
I find myself still returning to BFBC2 after all these years. 3 kept me entertained for a while but I soon dropped it, and 4 really hasn't managed to grab my attention despite having bought Premium and everything.

3000 hours and going in BF4. Bring it on motherfuckers.

Here I thought my many years spent on Left 4 Dead 2 versus were too much and I haven't even reached 2000 hour mark.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom