Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Hanging back and sniping with no care about the objectives

This is classic battlefield gameplay son, i used to do that in the first BF 1942. Usualy camped on a high hill near the spawn, good times.

Steve

Augur
It's pretty much what I expected. Plays and feels like every other Battlefield game. Doesn't do much with the setting as everybody except scouts are running around with automatics and reflex sights. The map they chose for the beta is kinda dogshit as it has huge chunks of unused space. Tank seems hilariously OP, went 30 killstreak with the light tank just by spamming canister shot.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
How is this origin thing? I see you need to install it to download BF... but i'm not sure i want EA stuff on my pc

Wolfe

Arbiter
Game is pretty shit, no surprise there. Won't be buying it from resellers when it comes out, there are much better shooters on the market right now.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Anything which involves teamplay, really. Arma 3, Siege, Squad, to name just a few.

sullynathan

Arcane
How is this origin thing? I see you need to install it to download BF... but i'm not sure i want EA stuff on my pc
origin is pretty much EA Steam. Get the beta version, the UI looks good and Nox is currently free on Origin.

Game is pretty shit, no surprise there. Won't be buying it from resellers when it comes out, there are much better shooters on the market right now.

Like what?
Six Siege is by Ubisoft of all people and better than this shit

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
There's no better action packed shooter than Battlefield.

ARMA is way different a different game. Not comparable and so is Siege.

Battlefield blows anything away in the same type of game like that.

sullynathan

Arcane
No battlefield at this point is shit. Apart from the vehicular stuff, there is very little gameplay wise that separates it from its bigger competitor, Call of Duty. The action is a clusterfuck, there is no team work, the gunplay is not exceptional and it is like the map design is constantly getting worse plus balancing is just bad.

Last edited:

Wolfe

Arbiter
Exactly, Battlefield right now is CoD with vehicles. If you want the real experience, there's Squad.

Soulcucker

Savant
Game feels meh to me so far, maybe a buy during Orgin's 2017 summer sale and after all the patches.

The beta map is really poor, too much chaos when it comes to infantry vs infantry. Only time I felt the game had flow is when I was abusing the tanks or bombers. The game also has many of the engine bugs that have plagued the series since BF3. Number one being that the sensitivity and FOV for every vehicle and every position in that vehicle are all different (turning speed caps make sense, but in this case turrets are more sensitive than aiming). Glitches with animations and rendering persists, simple shit like rifle grenades still being rendered after exhausting ammo to things like equipment warping out of bodies to boxes floating in the air after destruction. Air to air collisions are still shit with some worse behavior this time around, I have seen many times where a plane will ram a bomber and get stuck while still flying without taking damage. You would think with all of the RIPCoD viral marketing that Dice would have made a greater effort to come close to the polish of a CoD game and fix issues that have persisted through five years and four games.

On the plus side they do have the engine performing well for how good this game looks and I like the cleanness of the UI design (though the menu navigation is shit).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played it a little. The engine is great. Big open spaces, looks really good too and runs like a dream. I'm on an old 770, and I play with everything on high, anti alias on FXAA. Didn't dip under 60 once. Impressive.
At first when I started the game, I thought I was loading up The Sims. Just listing to that intro music, it's so damn similar :)

Anyway. Gameplay wise, I'm not impressed. It's the same old tired Battlefield in a new skin. Didn't feel like WW1 at all. It felt more like some kind of arcade version of a WW2 game with all the smgs, machineguns and such. There was no teamwork, and overall it is just chaos. It's hectic as hell too. If you stand still in more than 10 seconds the objectives will have changed hands 5 times, or you will have been sniped. And yeah, snipers is a plague as usual. It's always a joy spawning and getting a round through the brain the instant you take one step. So the first impressions is a total disappointment. Just a shame because the engine is great. Oh and one more thing. Holy UI Batman. If you like me prefer a clean minimalistic UI this is a nightmare. There is floating icons and texts everywhere, and we have some kind of futuristic synthetic cyberpunk voice warning us about stuff, like when an area is getting capped.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
origin is pretty much EA Steam. Get the beta version, the UI looks good and Nox is currently free on Origin.

Does the installation trigger some unwanted stuff or is it clean ?

Drakortha

Liturgist
I didn't know there was a rush mode, you have to hit the "multiplayer" button and find it instead of using the quick match option from the main menu. It's much more enjoyable than conquest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So the gameplay is complete shit, and it would have worked just as well as a WW2 Battlefield?

Wolfe

Arbiter
Yeah, definitely. I think they "used" WW1 in order to catch the attention of more people, since it hasn't been used as much as WW2. With the current arsenal of weapons, it doesn't feel any different from other shooters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom