Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Battle Worlds: Kronos - Turn-Based Strategy

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The Bremen-based developer King Art Studio is using the Kickstarter crowdfunding portal for its planned turn-based strategy "Battle Worlds: Kronos". The campaign for the project began Tuesday and will run for 38 days.

kronos_1.jpg-5e2b7df0a276ba5f.jpeg

The futuristic military units are reminiscent of the "Battle Isle" series by Blue Byte.

According to King Art "Battle Worlds: Kronos" is a game "for fans of Battle Isle, Advance Wars or the old SSI classics". The gameplay is turn based strategy - the parties alternately move their units. So players can plan their moves extensively and are less under pressure than in the more modern concept of real-time strategy games. "Kronos" will run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, but King Art is also considering to make it available as a browser game. King Art is planning on a distribution as conventional program without DRM and without free-to-play concept.

kronos2_gross.jpg-d13b7d7f9414dbc9.jpeg

Rich in detail, but with a clear retro touch: The game world of "Battlestar Worlds: Kronos"

"Kronos" leads a rebel army in a guerrilla war with a science fiction backdrop against the technologically advanced fraction of the "Yerla". The developers will include solo campaigns for both sides, Solo Challenge Maps and a live multiplayer via Internet or hot-seat. They also want to include playing against computer-controlled units, a strong artificial intelligence and distinct characteristics of the computer opponents. About 40 types of infantry, ground, naval and air units will eventually be frolicking on the battlefield. An editor is planned for Windows PC, which will allow you to make your own maps and missions. Currently available screenshots from the development process promise detailed graphics, with strong echoes of the classics of the genre. The great age of turn-based strategy were the 1990s.

According to King Art Studios, the team has had this project in their heads for years. The Kickstarter campaign gives the people from Bremen the opportunity to put the game out "without Publisher, by fans for fans".

King Art is mainly known for their humorous adventure games: "The Book of Unwritten Tales" was published in 2009. The prequel to this is titled "The cattle Chronicles" and was released in 2011.

Approximately 24 hours after the start of the campaign for "Battle Worlds: Kronos" already just over 1000 supporters are backing the title, with $ 40,000 of the targeted $ 120,000 capital having been reached. Anyone who wants to participate can do so - the minimum is $ 5, the maximum is $ 5000. If the goal is reached, King Art will release the game at the end of this year.

Original article (german): http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Retro-Strategie-aus-Bremen-1826650.html

Monocause

Arcane
I wonder if they made a proper cost analysis and took shipping into account; the upper tiers seem too generous in merchandise.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm excited about this but those are very good graphics for $ 120.000. They are depending totally on the kickstarter or they have other sources of money?

DakaSha

Arcane
Features:

Strong AI - A clever AI that considers gameplay on various tactical and strategic levels as well as individual enemy characteristics will challenge even experienced commanders.

Company has already proven themselves to be lying sacks of shit that use generic as fuck marketing terminology to sell their shit

edit: Screens are pretty though. I was never all to crazy about Battle Isle but meh... prob better than most shit being sold

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Battle Worlds Academy No. 1 - Action Points & Movement

Published on Mar 29, 2013
It all started on Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/k...
This is the first in a series of videos in which we want to show the basic gameplay mechanics of "Battle Worlds: Kronos".

If you like what you see, please back the project and spread the word about it!

Captain Shrek

Looks good. Found on random chance. backed with $20.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
God, History Line was my very first strategy game in my life ever.
And I've spent more time with Battle Isles 1-3 then with any other strategy.
I seriously thought this gameplay style is dead for good. Glad to see somebody's
bringing it back.
Trailers, pitch, everything looks fantastic, too bad the art seems a bit cartoonish (the buggy in the OP's picture),
but this is not an adventure, art in a strategy game is irrelevant.

Won't support, it's funded anyway, but will definitely buy if good.

Repressed Homosexual
I tried to play Battle Isle but the interface is so bad, I can't understand anything. Glad there is a reboot of that.

Although I would vastly prefer a proper sequel to M.A.X. It seems like it would be an ideal fit for Kickstarter.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's unusual but not that complicated. It's all about HOLDING spacebar + action.
BI1 is skippable but BI2 and BI3 are absolutely epic (well, except the terrible cutscenes in BI3).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backers should check their mail. I just got my closed beta key. :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom