Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
You guys ask the wrong question.
"Is anyone still playing the game?" is right one and the answer is 'NO'.
Not even the whitest knights and holy defenders of fair and obviuosly false accused devs play it now(some did not play it at all but its minor detail).
No seriously I still lurk on Steam forum(yeah I know its cancer and so do I - match made in Heavens) looking for good news and the only thing I see is some newbie coming, playing a little then coming with the the bright idea(that nobody have before him obviously) that game need some more content and maybe modding capability is the answer for that - of course he is ignorant about whole steam drama - and getting blow away by guys who accuse him to be entitled bitch, whiny cunt or little kid.
Best points for a guy who claim that game is perfectly fine but didn't touch it in the months instead playing Mount and Blade(and I bet he did not play vanilla).
And its a damn shame as I could see it getting some kitbash reskin to fit Warhammer Fantasy. Or even
W40K where you lead band of rogue traders on some desolate world

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
"Is anyone still playing the game?" is right one and the answer is 'NO'.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/365360/
475 In-Game
Stop it right now rat.
I will not fall to your skaven schemes.
Obviously I extravagated it for comedic purpose - which probably not work as intended thanks to my poorly understanding of English and use of Slavic gramar and word combination in it. I bet some guy with no sense of humor will grant me butthurt icon. Sigh.
Anyway good to see that some people still having fun.

Edit.
Anyway there is a question. Anyone checked how high population was before free lizard? Did it granted significant boon in pop? Just curios.
Also what parrot means? My emote fu is non existent.

Last edited:

Vrab

Learned
And its a damn shame as I could see it getting some kitbash reskin to fit Warhammer Fantasy. Or even
W40K where you lead band of rogue traders on some desolate world

I thought to myself how perfect Battlebrothers are for practically unlimited future expanding: with only text and art required to create whole new dialogues and possibly storylines, with none of that voice acted cutscene nonsense, only sky was the limit. But then they dropped it. I really don't get it. I still must say I like the game a lot, it is such a good turn based tactical game at it's core, but disappointment is still there and it's substantial.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just murdered my first two wurmthings. They were a bit on the easy side on their own. They deal crazy amounts of damage of course and have a lot of armor and hp but since they were 2 (so 2 torsos and 2 tails) AND the torso and tail share health and armors, it was not too hard to whittle them down. They drop AWESOME loot though. Here are some pics:

https://imgur.com/a/8e0b8

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
What about armors and shields?
Can you buy it in store(like other unique) or its another exercise in futility and its linked to event and some background?
I am not really fun of crafting in this sort of game but hell anything(even random rolls with high chance of failing and losing materials) would be better than this pray for event shit we have now(yeah I am pointing and bow and wolf armor).

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Can you buy it in store(like other unique) or its another exercise in futility and its linked to event and some background?
I am not really fun of crafting in this sort of game but hell anything(even random rolls with high chance of failing and losing materials) would be better than this pray for event shit we have now(yeah I am pointing and bow and wolf armor).
tbh I didnt find that out yet. The stupid things popped up late at night just before I wanted to go to bed :P

*Also yes, the "wait for the tailor to make something" sucks balls

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Jimmious don't be silly.
They're entrepreneurs with all the needs to keep lights on and food on the table that comes with burden of being self employed.
This free DLC is potentially well timed for coming holiday sales season; it will give BB new press coverage and might increase sales substantially.
As for their other project, they might be still on planning phase with it.

Filthy Skaven was right.
Tell me winning numbers for next lottery you rat.
BB is -50% on Steam.
Wonder how many new players will arrive.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Yep. It's better to add success/failure chances that are higher than current system. At least you would know that it's working, and happening, because right now you can during 50 hours of gameplay, not even once have the event fired.
It's better to have the Success/Failure like 20/80% during each day, and on failure you would loose the pelt/skin. But for this to happen, you would choose the decision to craft the armor -so without the decision, you wouldn't loose pelt needlessly.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I would say that tying some events to the situation on the global map would be much better.
What did I mean by that?
>put camp and wait for some time and you trigger training sessions and crafting events
It could also affect some other events. Of course mass producing cheap armors or bows would be OP so making them more costly(like for masterwork bow you need also warbow as a base - it would be upgrade rather than building from scratch and for wolf armor you need also leather or mail as base plus maybe access to ailed settlement with specific building, details are not important).
Some events could be triggered by having settlements nearby(for example allied one with a armor-smith or weapon-smith) like some of events already do which actually would make getting allied settlements much more valuable than now.
I mean current system(as available mechanics) is not great but there are(I think but can be wrong of course) tools that you could use to work with to make it much better experience(if you can get access to game files of course).
Which will not happen as this recent fDLC was just preparation for a sale.
The guy who always give me a despair mark - do your work.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Love the game so far. One question: is the only way to rest camping and making time pass? Seems weird that there are no facilities for healing injuries in settlements.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Love the game so far. One question: is the only way to rest camping and making time pass? Seems weird that there are no facilities for healing injuries in settlements.
Did you find a town with a temple yet? You can pay there for injuries to be healed much faster(usually within 1, max 2 days)

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
I started a new campaign, no wurms so far but I'm hooked again. Yes, the world map interactions could've been better and the game falls apart roughly around the time you start reaching max regular level and beat a crisis but the combat system and journey to that point are so good :positive:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Yeah...I think my main issue whenever I start a new BB game is that I get disappointed when I think of the potential :cry:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One more question. Do "main story" objectives continue appearing? Like, my current goal is to get a band of 12 bros? Will more stuff like that keep happening, or is there ever a point when you have no listed objective and can just fuck around?

Also, is there an "ending"?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
One more question. Do "main story" objectives continue appearing? Like, my current goal is to get a band of 12 bros? Will more stuff like that keep happening, or is there ever a point when you have no listed objective and can just fuck around?
They kind of keep coming around and they get progressively "harder". But they are also basically guidelines, you don't really need to do them. I imagine there is a finite number of them but I don't think I've done ALL of them in a single game

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

Not really... But the game is intended to end when you succeed in dealing with one "crisis". However you can go on for as long as you want. There are also some "end game" fights that are there to be tackled only by super strong mercenaries bands scattered around the map

SmartCheetah

Arcane
After first crisis, you'd get another one in a while, and another one, and so on. Usually, people who tend to get almost whole group dressed in legendary items play more than 500 days. I think my longest run was 160 days or something like this.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane

These goals are mostly to steer you into the right direction and give some minor bonuses, I think they also make contract payments better (?). I've never seen them run out but they might if you play for a very long time, some of them get pretty ridiculous.

The ending is when you retire and I recommenced retiring after the end-game crisis is resolved. You can go on as long as you want and wait for another crisis (and then another one and so on), but IMO there is no point in playing past the first crisis which is around ~100-150 days, after that it gets awfully repetitive and there isn't anything new to see other than some unique items. The heart of the game is that period where you fuck around trying to get your company into shape and make do with flawed recruits and inferior gear, sometimes fleeing from fights or taking loses, culminating in the end-game crisis (and even that can drag a little too long). In theory you can get that hedge knight with 3 stars in everything and iron lungs and outfit him with the best unique items but there's nothing for him to fight.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
You could try to tackle some of the real hard stuff after a crisis like
the monolith or a goblin city etc
so there is some value in going on

* Elhoim you brofist my sadness for the potential of BB but I say the exact same for Dead State :P That game could have been perfect with only a few changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom