Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers Released

PrettyDeadman

Lemme tell you, kids, it's all about hard work, kids. I started with nothing but I worked hard and 15 hours later I'm running a crew of great renown: 12 good men, eager to kill or in good spirits. Even the noble houses are willing to do business with me now. High society, here I come! I had a rough start - my first achievements were bloody toll (lost a man), time to rebuild (lost half the crew in one battle), and flee from combat, but I didn't give up. I kept recruiting and losing men left and right, letting natural selection takes its course and separate the wheat from the chaff.

Love the game, addictive as fuck, 10/10.
I wish Dungeon Rats had combat like Battle Brothers.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What we need is an Elite-like game done in the same style: fly around, explore the universe, buy better ships, board pirate and alien ships, work for corporations (noble houses) and local governments, etc.

What we need is an Elite-like game done in the same style: fly around, explore the universe, buy better ships, board pirate and alien ships, work for corporations (noble houses) and local governments, etc.

Starsector actually sounds pretty close to what you are describing. It is a space Mount & Blade clone (in the same ways in which Battle Bros. is a M&B clone: sandbox combat, questing, faction war, army progression, etc) Also has a pretty cool atmosphere and lore, again much like BB.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So I fired this up for abit of hours yesterday. Game is good, and very addicting.

The combat is very fun, and perhaps some of the best I've seen in years. If only this kind of complexity in combat and diversity could be implemented in most of the other isometric CPRGS = heavan.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Congratulations to the devs.

Is the game DRM-free on Steam (as in, can it be run without Steam client running), or should I wait for GOG release?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
DRM-Free on Steam? Isn't that an oxymoron..?
http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

This is a list of games and software available on Steam that do not use any third party DRM (e.g GFWL, Uplay, Denuvo, etc.) or the Valve CEG ("Custom Executable Generation") component, making them effectively Launcher-free once installed. This means that you can copy the game folder anywhere you want and launch the .exe program directly without being online or having Steam or a third party software running.

Battle Brothers is not on the list, but since the list is community-maintained, that might be an oversight.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Loving the game, after my third start I finally got the hang of it and really enjoying it so far. That Darklands sandboxy thing is really killing me and after every hard fought battle getting a dented metal helm or a polearm feels like Christmas
Would love to see some fixes like what Exidum suggested of having the game unpause after choosing a location a bit cleared explination on the combat systems would be welcome at the start but so far it is all great
Still waiting for a GOG release so I can pay for it but loving it so much
Dont know what the devs of this have planned after release maybe some expansions would be awesome but I really hope the game does well

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Fucking durability. Every single unique weapon I find has only increased stupid, useless durability. :>

cpmartins

Cipher

Starsector actually sounds pretty close to what you are describing. It is a space Mount & Blade clone (in the same ways in which Battle Bros. is a M&B clone: sandbox combat, questing, faction war, army progression, etc) Also has a pretty cool atmosphere and lore, again much like BB.
The problem with SS is the lack of missions. You just do the bounties, trade when the stars align, or go full Yarrr. The next update will introduce exploration, but no outpost building.
Having said that, It's probably my most played game ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom