Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What kind of drugs do you give them and they are all so happy?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Great. While i was busy raiding and pillaging, my fag allies lost 2 settlements. Thal is my starting village and had "allied" status just 3 days ago. It has cheap armorer and copper and salt mines.:argh:

2evzq0m.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane
I sacked a 30 pop goblin camp which said it was "one of the entrances to their underground city". I remember reading that the emperor helmet is in a big goblin city, found nothing here. I'm worried because I let some 7 regular goblins run away, no chance I could have missed it, right? Have to search more for the right city I guess.

agris

Arcane
Patron
yeah, that's the encounter that got me the helmet. i think it said both built on the remains, and that there was a network of tunnels underneath it.

Parabalus

Arcane

I'd like to see hit chances for AoE attacks, particularly for hitting friendlies. It's a chore having to calculate it by hand every time.

One thing that bugs me is the inconsistency between killing frenzy and berserk. Killing frenzy triggers on retreat kills, but berserk doesn't. Should be mentioned in the tooltip.

Got the UD crisis at last and it's pretty cool. Love how every battle has a chance of zombies popping out regardless of it being undead related or not. It def. seems harder than the orc or noble war, but likely because of scaling since it's the second one of this campaign.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
But how would berserk trigger on retreat kills? It's not even your turn, how would you get AP back?

Parabalus

Arcane
But how would berserk trigger on retreat kills? It's not even your turn, how would you get AP back?

You wait with 5/9 AP, fleeing enemy dies to your auto attacks, you finish the rest of your turn with 9/9. Killing frenzy already works like this. Dunno why they would even mention that berserk can't put you over your maximum if it doesn't trigger off of retreat kills, I guess for riposte or spear wall, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with them too.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm done with this noble war. My warmonger deer allies went full retard. Just captured some tundra village in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing. Literally nothing - no buildings, no trade goods.
Next time i'll help smart forest fishies house. They captured 2 closest settlements and went from underdogs to respectable house. Or even deusvulting kitties house. Everything is better.:argh:

vhc9pw.jpg

295tec.jpg

Murk

Arcane

You wait with 5/9 AP, fleeing enemy dies to your auto attacks, you finish the rest of your turn with 9/9. Killing frenzy already works like this. Dunno why they would even mention that berserk can't put you over your maximum if it doesn't trigger off of retreat kills, I guess for riposte or spear wall, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with them too.

3AP dagger kills

Murk

Arcane
/shrug

I never assumed retreat kills would regen AP since their cost-to-swing is free.

Parabalus

Arcane
/shrug

I never assumed retreat kills would regen AP since their cost-to-swing is free.

It was the first thing I tried out. Who in their right mind devotes half the tooltip of a perk to rule out getting 1 extra AP from a dagger kill?

The funny thing is killing frenzy works, "upon killing an enemy" vs "a kill". It's not that big of a deal, the whole game is full of "you have to try it to learn it", part of the charm I guess.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I'm done with this noble war. My warmonger deer allies went full retard. Just captured some tundra village in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing. Literally nothing - no buildings, no trade goods.
Next time i'll help smart forest fishies house. They captured 2 closest settlements and went from underdogs to respectable house. Or even deusvulting kitties house. Everything is better.:argh:

This is because for some strange reason in War armies do not attack by road. Which make sense but also lead to silly expansion or conquests. Also Catsles keep to be well defended and what change hands is small villages. So it often lead to situations where armies bypass castles and take villages behind them or in somewhere else because they use shortcuts.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
I sacked a 30 pop goblin camp which said it was "one of the entrances to their underground city". I remember reading that the emperor helmet is in a big goblin city, found nothing here. I'm worried because I let some 7 regular goblins run away, no chance I could have missed it, right? Have to search more for the right city I guess.

You are looking at a 40 gobbo camp, not 30.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Well its kind of pre 'internet' and guides charm where you dig into the game yourself and have fun.
Seriously internet guides and fora destroyed many games that I have fun because they give me all info and took all the fun.

Anyway BB is dead for me in current state. I do not have any will to even look at it.
Which is strange because Starsector is similar game(just in space) but can be pretty easily modified. And even that I get bored with current update(and wait for mods to be updated) I still have some fun with meddling with game files.
Strange, huh.
Its like BB lack something.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Dude after the hours you've spent in BB no wonder its dead for you. Its the best investment you could have ever made for a game.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Dude after the hours you've spent in BB no wonder its dead for you. Its the best investment you could have ever made for a game.

Well there is some games that I spend more and come back.
Or some that I finished and could say "That game is great" even if I do not plan to come back. BB still left me hungry but even if it was worth the money it was also little disappointing. Well I do not come here to complain much.
Just to say that I have fun with Starsector. Have a nice day.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

Well there is some games that I spend more and come back.
Or some that I finished and could say "That game is great" even if I do not plan to come back. BB still left me hungry but even if it was worth the money it was also little disappointing. Well I do not come here to complain much.
Just to say that I have fun with Starsector. Have a nice day.
Dont worry I dont want to make fun of you. You are not bitching all the time like others in similar situations.
I still have hope that BB will get more content, there is a lot of love for the game going around.
Starsector is something Ive been watching for years now. Im annoyed when games take so long to be done but interesting to hear that you enjoy it so much

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom