Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Sellswords tend to have the best stats out of those I've hired, they consistantly grow into monsters lategame if built correctly.
Sellswords:
HP 50-60
FAT. 90-100
RES. 40 it was bugged all Sellswords start with 40 Resolve - it was probably minimal range
INI. 100-110
MSKill 61-70
MDef. 5-15
RSKill 45-55
MDef. 5-15
They are more skilled but have less HP and Fatigue than Knight. Some cheap backgrounds have plenty of HP,Fatigue, Resolve or Initiative. Some have other bonuses. For example Deserters are always happy in the reserves and Killers on the run have +10% to hit heads. Also access to different events and sometimes different options in events.
I've always gone with the cheap guys and just rushed 150 and/or 210 pt armor, then 300 or more and uniques... Felt like the money you save from not hiring expensive guys plus not having to pay so much upkeep really helps, but maybe I'll try the other way.
Still, I never seem to lose as many guys as most others here... Just gotta watch the early game and those battles where the entire enemy backline is crossbow faggots.

Armor is essential and it is right choice.

BTW How I get rid off this waiting for moderation delay? Do I need to bribe/threaten somebody or it will go away after number of posts/time?

Last edited:

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
Oh and people complaining about RNG on steam already... Don't nerf it devs, please :D
I always thought the RNG is super-fair tbh. Moreso than in most other rng games.

Will have to keep an eye out for nerd rage reviews. I turned on the game and did not win! WHAT DA FUK Though hopefully not too many of those...

I kept scoring critical pot shots in a night fight with my archers the other day. lol RNG gonna RNG

SmartCheetah

Arcane
With lucky rolls, noble can become an absolute monster as well. I've got a guy who is level 10 and his melee is already 90. He also has high fatigue, melee defense and resolve. Definitely best bro I ever had.

Doma

Augur
Anyone have any good tips when it comes to trading? I have not explored that area of the game yet

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Oh and people complaining about RNG on steam already... Don't nerf it devs, please :D
I always thought the RNG is super-fair tbh. Moreso than in most other rng games.

Will have to keep an eye out for nerd rage reviews. I turned on the game and did not win! WHAT DA FUK Though hopefully not too many of those...

I kept scoring critical pot shots in a night fight with my archers the other day. lol RNG gonna RNG

I used to not put points in resolve, so ghosts would wreck me. Ended up with an entire backline of archers just pot-shotting the ghosts with fixed 5% hit chance and usually that worked during the first turn, hilarious but hard on ranged supplies.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Anyone have any good tips when it comes to trading? I have not explored that area of the game yet

Sure, first off, reputation matters in both buying and selling; buy in small towns that produce the goods and sell in big cities; expect modest returns for most of the game. Your best bet is to make really good friends with at least one big city with weapon/armoursmiths (to get the best sell price and the best buy price on stuff you actually want to buy) and with one to two small towns that aren't too far away and that produce trade goods. If you do this right, seeing 50% returns on each item is feasible, but it requires working at it. In most cases, I just buy whenever I see goods near or below their suggested retail and offload at my main big city: that tends to cover the worst of my operating costs while travelling around, but returns are generally more modest (30% is good).

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Sell only at big cities if possible and big castles if on the move with no other options. They pay the most. Well, there may be exceptions due to certain settlement addons paying more for some trade-goods... Supposedly. Haven't seen it happen yet.

Small settlements ask for the least money for trade-goods and also pay the least generally.

Relations with settlement and faction relations matter for this.

At map generation check types of settlements and addons. You may see many coastal settlements have the copper (?) thing, and you have to keep in mind that if a big coastal city has one, you don't want to sell copper there because it has it's own and won't pay you much... You'd be trading at a loss.

It's best if the big cities don't have gem mines and such, so that you can sell those expensive resources there... But sometimes, if you have, say, 2 big cities (esp. of the same faction for easy faction relations bonus) close to each other, you can buy an expensive resource from one (say, dyes), esp. if it has 2 of the same attachment (i.e. 2 dye places = double amount of dyes generated) and sell to the other still for a good profit.

Debuffs on cities matter a lot here though, you may have to do settlement missions (not just faction ones) for the cities routinely if you want to trade well there... Annoying later on if you venture into the wild a lot for uniques and come back to find the cities debuffed to hell.

Trading only makes big money if you get expensive goods or loads of cheaper ones and a good selling spot... With good relations... Otherwise it's mostly so you can make up for your daily upkeep during travels and such.
If you play ironman and you're in a bad spot (injured bros/lots of losses, shit equipment), maybe trading for a while can help if you have a good route. Basically, it doesn't normally raise reknown and you can just run from enemies on the map, so difficulty won't increase while you do it and you won't have to fight.

That being said, if you use up most of your funds to buy tradegoods and then see a nice unique on the way or smth... Well, it'd suck to sell your goods at shit prices just because you need the money now. I'm sure some folks who get a really good map and are knowledgeable on trade could trade from the beginning of the game until they can afford good bros and equipment, but it feels like it'd be a chore.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

Buy cheap in small villages(lower price) up to 110% of its worth. You can hover over trade goods to check its base worth and how much you pay for this specific item so you never sell it for loos by mistake.
Sell in big cities or strongholds that not produce this goods.
GRind reputation. Having high rep give you better prices - buy cheaper sell for more.
Find a city with ambushed trade routes, this event rise prices a lot(also do not take a contract for a bandits in this city - sell stuff here, swim in gold).

Also map generation matter a lot.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
is it just me or are the line of fire mechanics/calculation in this game really fucking randumb

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guys some starter tips would be appreciated...
1) Should I take the Darkest Dungeon approach in the early game and go for quantity over quality? Should I have a band of hobbos with lesser equipment or try to get better equipment with less men?
2) I am pretty much just traveling to towns looking for contacts bit should I do some trading too? Or leave that for later?
3) Indecided to say fuck it and start on veteran and it is decidedly not easy, with battles beign really weird; I can have a 6 against 8 encounter, kill 4 of them and then after one kill from their side a couple of my best fighters loose their cool miss a few hits and get everybody killed...
4) I am getting the strongest Darklands vibe with this, will probably stick to one region to start with to build rep with that faction and get better proces and quests
All in all it is fucking great

cannondwarf

Scholar
Anyone know if unique Warscythes exist? They're so fucking good that I just can't go back to using pikes and billhooks even though I have uniques for both.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Anyone know if unique Warscythes exist? They're so fucking good that I just can't go back to using pikes and billhooks even though I have uniques for both.
None of undead, goblin or orc(excluding 1hand cleavers, 1hand axes and shields) rare/named weapon exist.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Guys some starter tips would be appreciated...
1) Should I take the Darkest Dungeon approach in the early game and go for quantity over quality? Should I have a band of hobbos with lesser equipment or try to get better equipment with less men?
2) I am pretty much just traveling to towns looking for contacts bit should I do some trading too? Or leave that for later?
3) Indecided to say fuck it and start on veteran and it is decidedly not easy, with battles beign really weird; I can have a 6 against 8 encounter, kill 4 of them and then after one kill from their side a couple of my best fighters loose their cool miss a few hits and get everybody killed...
4) I am getting the strongest Darklands vibe with this, will probably stick to one region to start with to build rep with that faction and get better proces and quests
All in all it is fucking great

1) It's not set in stone, but I always go quantity over quality. 12 level one farmers >>>>> 6 level one militia men. If you're canny, you can get 12 within the first few days of play.

EDIT: I think it's pretty clear why this is, but just in case: not only do numbers give you an advantage in the action economy game, higher numbers mean it's easier to get surround bonuses (hugely important in the early levels), make it easier to use numbers to break enemy morale, and often means more distributed damage on your bros which means you get back up to fighting shape faster. The differences in base skill between a toilet cleaner and a master fencer in this game still aren't enough to outweigh these advantages. Equipping a larger force is more difficult, but as long as you can fill all the important slots (head, body, shield, weapon), you're good. Skimping on guys isn't going to let you give every one of your reduced numbers mail right out of the gate or anything.

2) I'll trade a bit if I have the spare cash. If you trade goods (not equipment or provisions) for about the recommended price or below, it's nice to buy it and you should turn a modest profit if you offload in a large settlement. Just don't tie up all your cash in trade goods, since you'll be paying daily wages.

3) Morale management matters. I aim for 40 resolve minimum in the early stages. You'll also benefit from having a dedicated moralebot with the relevant perks and items acquired through ambitions (standard and sash). Early on, it's a bitch to manage, though. All I can suggest is going for maximum dudes and aiming to only fight when you have a definite numerical advantage when your average level is <3.

4) I want Overhype to do a Darklands remake next, too.

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
BTW How I get rid off this waiting for moderation delay? Do I need to bribe/threaten somebody or it will go away after number of posts/time?

It goes away after a number of posts/time, yeah, though I don't know the exact number.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Anyone interested seeing soldiers with their names dying horrible deaths?
I gonna start new Ironman expert run and upload it on YT.
Any volunteers welcomed.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Moar suggestions

- Clicking on a location while the game is paused should end pause.

- The color that highlights your choice on loading screen should be more pronounced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom