Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
The combat with the new injury mechanics just feels brutal. Hits have so much more weight behind them.
Even if the numbers did not change, the feeling sure did.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Indeed. I've had several bros come back from the dead after a fight but traumatized, with only one lung and a broken knee. I had to make some of them retire, but some still man a crossbow or a pike from a distance. Nicely done and terribly immersive.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
What? Do we have dialogues about these traumas now? Because that would be awesome. The last time I played, I had a mercenary who was brilliant with his sword, but was getting weaker as the time passed, getting old. I even had some dialogues about it, it was awesome.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
They need news coverage, Infinitron. Posting this here will not help them, since only owners of the game post here. By the way, you don’t need to insult our intelligence with the “I don’t post mere updates” excuse, because you posted every single update from Tyranny, Bard’s Tale and Numenera on the front page.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
The more I play the more I think this game needs a time acceleration button. Yes, I know, I repeat myself. But this is the only gripe I have at the moment.
Nothing is more boring than traveling from one corner of the map to the other corner. Or running around for ten minutes not finding a fight.

There is already time acceleration when you camp. I would suggest that you add a x2 time acceleration when you press/hold shift while travelling.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The new banners are very fancy, perhaps a little too fancy. I like the plainer banners; they might not look as impressive, but they just seem more realistic to me. I imagine a mercenary band having a banner with a single-tone background, and then a few relatively simply designs. Not a complex, shaded, multi-coloured picture and backdrop.

You're aware that medicinal supplies are now used to treat injuries and no longer required for healing hitpoints, so their number isn't indicative of any hitpoint healing, right?

Oh, no, I didn't realise that. When I noticed that the medical supplies weren't being used, I decided to stop playing and report what I thought was a bug.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I imagine a mercenary band having a banner with a single-tone background, and then a few relatively simply designs. Not a complex, shaded, multi-coloured picture and backdrop.
But how new recruits and clients will find out that my band more successful than others?

Old Hans

Arcane
I just picked this game up and it is very nice! Reminds me of old school warhammer fantasy roleplay. I picked the most complex banner I could find!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Also, as we are discussing banners. I demand that you include The Black Company banner, the silver skull with fire on black background. You know, like in the books. It is absolutly vital to my larping needs!

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I just recruited the monk from the Let's Play:
HpJYf9j.jpg
And again
4ZbrAra.jpg
And here he is again
RTwH4nD.jpg

Is the game using pre-generated characters instead of rolling randomly on each new game now?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Damn, haven't played in awhile and I can tell this si going to be like playing yet ANOTHER awesome game the next time I do.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Well let me tell you a story of my first contract. We were only 6, because the money was tight, nobody wanted to join (Well, except some beggars and thieves), and a mayor of a run down shithole asked us to kill some bandits that were ambushing caravans nearby. Well, what can you do, money is money, we went in search of the bandits' camp. We found it, but after seeing some bandit raiders there, we promptly decided that we are tough, but not that tough. But as fortune would have it, the camp was quite close to a road, so we decided to just wait a couple of hours because we knew that there are armed patrols guarding this road. Luckly, there was also a caravan nearby. So with a bit of luck, we managed to initiate combat in such a way, that our good friends from the militia and the caravan guards were able to help us.

You can imagine the look on the faces of the 6 poor bandits when we knocked on their door with 36 people.

Another instance of it happened when I was asked to patrol some road and was told I would be paid for each enemy head I manage to get during the patrol. So, I used two groups of militia on patrol to help me murder some poor goblins. You get the heads even if you did not kill the enemies yourself. And also some loot!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The new patch just doesn't work on my system. There's these long delays when opening and closing town screens. Assuming the town screen opens at all. I've reverted back to the old version and will try again when it's working right.

Beowulf

Arcane
The new patch just doesn't work on my system. There's these long delays when opening and closing town screens. Assuming the town screen opens at all. I've reverted back to the old version and will try again when it's working right.
Are you playing Ironman by any chance?

oscar

Arcane
Some awesome new events and battle variations in this one. Good work guys.

Beowulf

Arcane
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The base mechanics are solid. The only thing that is lacking in this game is a way to build upon your loot and satisfy our OCD progression urges. We can receive more popularity and this affects the combat and the quests you can receive in some ways, but that is about it. The map world looks much more rich and inviting than the combat and text interactions deliver. We should be able to have a place for our mercenary company, like a stronghold, a place that we could conquer, defend, put some heads trinkets in the wall, banners, etc. Other mechanics, like attacking peasants, and be hunted for doing this, would be cool too.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Hah, the only thing this needs is this laundry list of stuff! I agree by the way, that type of thing would be the cherry on top. They are hinting at the sentiment by having some homage features to remember fallen Bros, some of which the player may really miss.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The laundry list reflects my confidence in the developers talent. They make game design seem like a walk in the park, bra.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well, you can attack peasants once your standing with a city goes low enough. I betrayed my employer once during a caravan event, and the whole town became hostile. I couldn't attack the village or pillage the buildings, but I did attack trading caravans, peasants and militias that belonged to this specific town. I wonder if that did lower my order/chaos status though, since it stayed neutral even after some caravan massacres.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bug/discrepancy in description of injuries, guy has 100+ max fatigue no penalties anywhere but only 49 max fatigue in practice.
2XHGfkj.jpg

4UUBKYB.jpg

WTWO5B6.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom