Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
RK47 There's a bro with a background that might help you out with that.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does Battle Brothers have Bethesda level scaling? I'm 100 days in and I can't find any easy fights anymore. I would love too though, since every fight now seem to take a toll. Even the 1 skull contracts are hard as hell.

Lhynn

Arcane
Is it possible to lose reputation? seems like a nobrainer.
I remember playing a game similar to BB and there was a base reputation, which grew with the name and a member reputation, in which the members of the group made it more reputable and known. When one of the members died, your reputation would take a big hit, when one of the members retired, it would actually increase it.
Also seems a bit inane that easy jobs are no longer available after your reputation reaches a certain point, there should always be easy contracts that you may want to take.

Kayerts

Arcane
There are always cargo delivery contracts, nachzehrer, and direwolf contracts, which are pretty doable even when nothing else is. The ancient undead stay manageable later for under-geared bros than any other faction. (Until you start facing large numbers of legionaries with polearms, basically.) Also, some lairs like the Overgrown Hideout stay weak into the late game; I don't know if this happens because I scouted them out earlier or if they're fixed encounters.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Is it possible to lose reputation? seems like a nobrainer.
I've never watched closely enough to know the exact impact, but losing battles and failing or cancelling contracts seems to have an adverse effect. I don't know if just losing bros does. I'll see if I can't fire up a non-IM campaign and test it out.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MjB7tXh.png

This is a fun mechanic!

ZvgRAFm.png

The amount of shit in his pants at his moment.

7M5I7Pj.png

R.I.P in literal pieces.

Black Hearts is no more :(

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Actually, orkz invasion was pretty stressful. Now i want something easy and relaxing, like Veteran Ironman.

Also Wurmburg, which i protected so valiantly, is no more. It was razed after the victory - i've met some refugees. They had no chance to rebuild their defences.:negative:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Only one guy had a hammer, and I had no replacement weapons anyway. The company was on the fritz. Was down to 8 men and 300 gold in my purse after a brutal battle.

Severian Silk

Necrosavant raped my best archer. R.I.P.

Never fought those guys before. They are real big meanies and refuse to die when punished.
Yeah, these are really hard. The way I beat that encounter was to give my archers armored dogs. After you kill most of the zombies, release the hounds behind your lines where the necrosavants probably are too. Your archers will survive a little longer, and the hounds may do a little damage before they are chopped to bits.

I see that people have different 'builds' for different encounters. But changing inventory all the time is tedious IMO. Currently, I use the same build for every encoutner: 5 armored dudes with shields in front, 4 long axe guys in the wings, 3 archers with long axes in the middle back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any form of cavalry in this game? Think I saw some wolf-rider goblins or somesuch somewhere itt (figures are p. small), but it'd be pretty cool for your brothers to have mounts.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any word on whether uniques are being rebalanced/redone? The last couple of pics have a disturbing lack of uniques, and my on experience on day 60+ with 0 uniques kind of sucked. I decided to traverse the wilderness and crushed about 6 unique locations, result: 0 uniques. Then my last remaining founder got crippled, so I let him retire (whereupon it upset a bunch of other mercs??) and proceeded to suicide my party so I could start again.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Have the camp NPCs been axed? I remember that they had plans to add friendly NPCs (cook, etc.) to accompany the brothers.

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
blog_header_open_beta.jpg

Beta Update 0.9.0.22
More balancing changes and some bugfixes.

Please continue to report any issues in the appropriate forum following the instructions there - do not post them as comments here, they'd only get buried and lost, and may miss important Information.

Changelog
  • Changed ambitions so that they no longer come with a time limit, but can be aborted by right-clicking the ambition panel, which, after a confirmation prompt, will trigger the previous failure dialog and penalty to mood.
  • Changed difficulty curve in the mid and late game to be a bit smoother.
  • Changed contract payment to be higher in the mid and late game.
  • Changed leveling speed to be slightly higher.
  • Changed mood to now trend to barely content, as opposed to dissatisfied.
  • Changed mood to differentiate more between a tactical retreat and a lost battle.
  • Changed events to occur slightly more frequently.
  • Changed chance for named item loot in locations to be slightly higher. Requires a new campaign to take effect.
  • Changed large Nachzehrers to take a full turn to devour anyone, as to allow for more counter play after they get in position (knock back, repel, stun, taunt, etc).

• Fixed AI not ending its turn in some cases.
  • Fixed wrong icon for Heraldic Hauberk.
  • Fixed issue with situations at settlements stacking not as intended, which could result in wrong prices or nothing being sold.
  • Fixed characters devoured by a Nachzehrer not showing up in the company's obituary if the player retreats from battle.
  • Fixed 'Release Falcon' skill not marking any enemies discovered as such.
  • Fixed issue with 'Decisive Battle' contract.
  • Fixed issue with 'Confront Warlord' contract.
  • Fixed various minor issues.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Good changes. Definitely adresses some issues / annoyances I had so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom