Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Now is certainly the right time for feature requests, so I'd like an option for automatic pause on world map when your company has no movement commands and automatic unpause when you issue further movement commands. (ie. like in Mount&Blade.)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm at 30 days in now, but I'm stuck in this money-supply loop. I do a mission, gets a lot of dudes wounded, some die and so on, weapons gets bent. I get back to town, collect money, buy tools, herbs and food. And so it goes forever and ever :)

Also had a brutal as hell battle. Fought a bandit group with a lot of archers and some brigands I think they are called (the guys with heavier armor). They guys with armor just hung back with the archers and pelted my dudes. It was like the Normandie landing. Think they had 4 with bows, and 2 with crossbows. I won but at a heavy cost.

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I'm at 30 days in now, but I'm stuck in this money-supply loop. I do a mission, gets a lot of dudes wounded, some die and so on, weapons gets bent. I get back to town, collect money, buy tools, herbs and food. And so it goes forever and ever :)

Also had a brutal as hell battle. Fought a bandit group with a lot of archers and some brigands I think they are called (the guys with heavier armor). They guys with armor just hung back with the archers and pelted my dudes. It was like the Normandie landing. Think they had 4 with bows, and 2 with crossbows. I won but at a heavy cost.

The game is alot about learning which enemies to avoid. The next step is winning that crucial battle vs. better equipped but outnumbered opponents. If you have a little surplus you can try to locate an impending raider attack and help the militia/guard, which usually results in some good loot. Also there is no shame in running like a sissy.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Future looks very bright for Doggy Company.

29d6z8.jpg

Give this guy a crossbow, he'll be semi-decent shooter on level 2 with gifted.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The game is alot about learning which enemies to avoid. The next step is winning that crucial battle vs. better equipped but outnumbered opponents. If you have a little surplus you can try to locate an impending raider attack and help the militia/guard, which usually results in some good loot.

Yeah, I'm doing exactly that actually. Felt a bit scummy though. I got a mission to kill some direwolves terrorizing some town. They wolves spotted me and started to follow, and I ran down the road into another mercenary company that got ambushed by the creatures. I of course let them fight for a while then jumped in and well took the glory. I guess there is no honor between mercenary companies :)

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Dead guys can have honour, nothing scummy about killing others mercs.
I take the coin and the weapons instead.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
rapsdjff I have a problem installing the update. Whenever I try playing the game, even when I uninstall and reinstall, Steam tells me that BattleBrothers.exe is a "locked content file". "An error occured: content file locked".

This hasn't happened in the older version. This only happens now and I have no idea wtf is going on.
Some other dude on a Discord I'm in said he has the same problem.
What's going on?

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
I don't know, but it's a problem with Steam, not the game. Try restarting Steam, rebooting, or installing the game to another location.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
rapsdjff you guys need to implement some kind of question box (Maybe make it a toggle in options?) about leaving the loot or using the skill "Round Swing" because I've killed few of my guys by mistake using round swing instead of "destroy shield" :/
2nd time in my 52days game I lost legendary items because I haven't had any space in the inventory left and quickly pressed "OK" without realizing it will vanish. I'd love to see something asking me if I'm sure that I want to leave those items.

I know. I'm rushing sometimes :P

Thonius

Arcane
To guys in need of monies there is one advise - rob caravan. You must chose wisely though because I pissed of a really good city and now I cant trade cool stuff, and all south part of a map is a no go zone for me (damn patrols).
Oh and war scythe is absolutely the beast weapon!

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
To guys in need of monies there is one advise - rob caravan. You must chose wisely though because I pissed of a really good city and now I cant trade cool stuff, and all south part of a map is a no go zone for me (damn patrols).

Damn criminal!

Can you get friendly with a town that considers you hostile?

hivemind

I don't think so, I attacked one caravan of a city that I was friendly with and once they turned hostile from that I couldn't interact with the town in any way.

hivemind

How do you gain positive value of the reputation next to renown btw? I assume negative comes from raiding caravans and peasants.

Thonius

Arcane

Damn criminal!

Can you get friendly with a town that considers you hostile?
In previous version ( after failed contract ) after some time they forgave my band.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
I wasn't planning on posting these so a lot is missing but here are the adventures of the company with Kurt the Monk turned Flagellant who gets injured a lot.

Start. Oh, god it's so far way.
jKGqBXz.jpg

Third or fourth contract, raiders plundering a cemetery. Lost my best recruit and one of my starting guys got a permanent injury. The looted weapons and armor go a long way this early in the game though.
hPPQEkT.jpg

Nice rolls there, champ (note: Ernst died in a direwolf attack soon after)
Gk8rSGm.jpg

Alwin holds the bandits back while the second line showers them with bolts. Fun.
yIDZPD3.jpg

Stylish helmet. Heavy though.
hnh5c8x.jpg

Raiders with a leader. Nice armor.
JSQTxJA.jpg

Into the net you go.
fYy2Zvn.jpg

1OKHpmx.jpg

Kurt has so many effects they don't fit in his bar now.
bJmANIT.jpg

This was supposed to be an easy caravan job.
os35yzl.jpg

Aww shit
tITxSIS.jpg

eIXphPE.jpg

that went better than expected
9ZwOZOo.jpg

We euphoric now.
IYapOTq.jpg

I Hired a historian. Nice talents.
hZvOPNk.jpg

First 3-skull contract that will also fulfill the ambition of defeating 12+ enemies. There's a lot of them but as long as I can start killing them first and they don't overwhelm me it should be fine.
F1Zywd1.jpg

Oh.
8djwQWq.jpg

My historian scores a lucky hit with a crossbow too, 1-1. There's the leader. Nice armor you've got there.
Aj08x15.jpg

Thinning out the first line.
vLM3Wz7.jpg

Going strong. Kurt gets 2 injuries from the archers in the meantime.
bnsJ4iu.jpg

They're retreating but the leader is already engaged in combat.
7thizwC.jpg

Man down. The leader is getting surrounded.
m7HECO8.jpg

It's time.
ixBj0so.jpg

He broke out from the net, but it's way too late.
Azh2me4.jpg

Yes.
VUtnCdA.jpg

Tobjoern the historian got 3 kills in his first battle. My starting bro lives.
3dIDI2o.jpg

5nurIoV.jpg

Nice rolls too.
IN6z1xY.jpg

That's his 100% euphoric face.
XYeJAVY.jpg

Tower of goblins.
MEmGb3T.jpg

Alwin got pushed into a hole. He can't get out. They rescued him after the goblins were killed.
e1CjRpv.jpg

That's it for now.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Seems to take a lot longer for a town to forgive you now though.

And I can't even do some contracts for them because they don't even let me in the city (screen), all I did was not preventing a Brother to beat up some peasents.

Thonius

Arcane
How much renown do I need to reach glorious level? I think I chose wrong ambition, cuz curently I'm on ~1400, day 52.
Update: Looks like I need 2750 and I got 18 days.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Ok god fucking damn, I literally can't stand it anymore. Is the release more than a month away rapsdjff ? If yes, I'm buying now I can't stand it anymore. It's feature complete, fuck it. I want my men to die glorious deaths too

Jinn

Arcane
Ok god fucking damn, I literally can't stand it anymore. Is the release more than a month away rapsdjff ? If yes, I'm buying now I can't stand it anymore. It's feature complete, fuck it. I want my men to die glorious deaths too

Just play it. Why wait any longer?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
To pay premium price. And I've waited so long already. I generally avoid EA games after Darkest Dungeon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom