Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You bought a new PC just for this game?
No :lol: but when AK ran like shit, that was the day I started thinking, it's time to upgrade. Little did I know.

What are the specs on your new rig
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTRgjX

and what are the requirements for AK after this latest patch? I know about the 12 GB ram issue, I have 12 gb ram. I also have Win 8 not 10 tho.
I neither know nor care. My new rig ran AK gorgeously on Windows 7 before the patch.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Arkham City requirements and Arkham Knight reqs have nothing to do with each other. I ran City like a dream and Knight ran such crap I had to buy a whole new computer.

Gameplay may be best in series, leaving aside the sad fact of too much Batmobile. Don't write it off just because they did such a shitty job so far porting to PC.
It's shit. Stop defending it.

Console-tards meanwhile, enjoyed the conclusion of the Arkham Buttman series in all it's glory.

Shame, I was waiting so long for this. Is there any chance if my PC runs Arkham City well I can run this without game breaking issues? I am ok with minor glitches, and am willing to quit and restart if framerate slows down after a few hours of play. I don't play games for too long at a time anymore anyways, just short bursts, typically over weekends.

Probably not. My current laptop can run AA, AC, and (patched) AO at max settings around 60fps. AK was such a clusterfuck at release that I would get single-digit FPS on the logo splash-screens. It's clear that WB gave zero shits about the PC port, tried to make a token effort to redeem themselves in the audience's eyes, and then just looked at console sales and said "ah fuck it, we're good anything else is gravy".

Having said that: they are, as Martius pointed out, offering refunds regardless of playtime, so you might as well demo it for yourself if you don't mind the idea of having $50 (or whatever it is in Djinn dollars) tied up in pending charges for a few days.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I actually didn't have a problem on the technical part.

But gameplay is worse of the series. (Really bad encounter design)

That's without taking into account the Batmobile.

I think I'll get an ironic refund

Deleted member 7219

I would feel scummy getting a refund after completing the campaign and playing it for 26 hours.

If you haven't got that far I would recommend the refund because, and I hate to repeat myself, it is the worst game in the series. Buy it again when it is £5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I would feel scummy getting a refund after completing the campaign and playing it for around 30-40 hours.

If you haven't got that far I would recommend the refund because, and I hate to repeat myself, it is the worst game in the series. Buy it again when it is £5.
I really think the gameplay (again really I think it's encounter design... indoor is maybe okay but outdoor encounters are just sooo shitty to the point where it is way below average for any game, not just Arkham series) is that shitty though.

Course part of me is just to be chaotic evil ;)

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I would feel scummy getting a refund after completing the campaign and playing it for 26 hours.

I wouldn't, they need to be taught a lesson that releasing a port in such a state and this inept attempt at remedying it is unacceptable.

Deleted member 7219

I really think the gameplay (again really I think it's encounter design... indoor is maybe okay but outdoor encounters are just sooo shitty to the point where it is way below average for any game, not just Arkham series) is that shitty though.

Course part of me is just to be chaotic evil ;)

Ended up refunding to make a statement and add my voice to the masses. I want big publishers to realise they can't farm out PC ports to smaller studios. They should have given Rocksteady the money to do it in house, or get some one like Nixxes who are known for making good PC ports (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Tomb Raider etc).

Iron Galaxy are mainly known for porting stuff from console to console. They assisted with some of the work on the PC port of Bioshock Infinite, but didn't do the full thing. They also made some DLC for Bioshock 2, but again, not the full game.

I don't blame them though, they probably didn't have the resources to make it as good as it should have been. The fault has to lie with the publisher. They could have delayed it until after the console versions and people probably wouldn't have cared much. Ubisoft do it all the time with the Assassin's Creed games.

If the game ran brilliantly then I could maybe excuse some of the really shitty gameplay, but stuttering, low FPS even with settings set to worse than console level AND the fuck up of the base gameplay itself makes me think refunding is the best way to go.

I don't think it will matter much. WB are likely to abandon PC entirely now, because of the amount of money they will have lost as all the refunds come piling in. But it pays for that bottle of nice spiced rum I bought at the weekend.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
The fault has to lie with the publisher. They could have delayed it until after the console versions and people probably wouldn't have cared much.
And this is quite ironic because that's what they did with Arkham City. It was delayed two months.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Probably old news at this point
http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/201...views-getting-tagged-as-pre-release-yet-again
Batman: Arkham Knight Steam reviews getting tagged as "pre-release" yet again
3 days ago | 3 comments | By JAFalcon

To say the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight has had a rocky release would be quite an understatement. In the past year, the game has been released, pulled from Steam, had Steam reviews tagged as "pre-release", re-released, then having to give refunds to players because the game was broken again, though not as completely broken as before. In that time, it was also revealed that Warner Bros. allegedly knew the game was broken.

Now, Warner Bros. is tagging the thousands of Steam reviews since the re-release on Steam as "pre-release" reviews - again.

What is odd is that not all of the reviews have been tagged as "pre-release", so there seems to be no transparency as to which build that the gamers are playing is "pre-release" or "post-release". Regardless of the reasons, the "pre-release" review tag is supposed to be for games on Steam Early Access, and not for games that have an official launch, much less a game that was proclaimed fixed and re-launched to the public.

Warner Bros. and Rocksteady have not responded to requests for clarification, and have yet to even release a statement. Stay tuned for more on the soap opera that Batman: Arkham Knight has become. The real question is: has the Batman: Arkham series been killed by this controversy? Let us know.

UPDATE: Warner Bros. has given a brief statement saying that the tagging is "a mistake and it is in the process of being fixed.”

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The game is not broken, this is the new DRM in action and it is so effective that no one can play on PC forcing you to buy console version.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They didn't even put this on sale during the big promo... wow.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
:necro:

recently got back into it. Haven't touched it since the release, when I rushed through the main story and forgot about it. It ran ok for me before: 1080, high to ultra, 30-50 fps on a GTX970, now though I can run it in 1440, high to ultra getting 40-60. Unless I'm in the airships, then my framerate drops to 25-35. GG.

Anyway, I decided to 100% everything, so I can catch riddler and get the full ending. I'm almost done now, only have to do Arkham Knight base and the movie studios, and, after all of this traveling back and forth the city, It really grew on me. Gliding around is so much fun in this game. I think it's the amount of tall structures and the speed of the grapple boost that makes whooshing around so great. Driving is still mediocre though.

So here's the question: Has anyone tried the DLC? I picked it up on a shady cdkey reseller site for a tenner, but don't know where to start.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So here's the question: Has anyone tried the DLC? I picked it up on a shady cdkey reseller site for a tenner, but don't know where to start.
You got clipped, the DLC isn't worth 99¢. Just play it, a couple more combat and stealth levels with different characters, it's over in 20 minutes.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
You got clipped, the DLC isn't worth 99¢. Just play it, a couple more combat and stealth levels with different characters, it's over in 20 minutes.
I was under impression that the last one with Croc, Freeze, Hatter and Ra's is not bad? I guess I'll go back and finish 100%ing the origins

Zombra

Patron
I was under impression that the last one with Croc, Freeze, Hatter and Ra's is not bad? I guess I'll go back and finish 100%ing the origins
Oh, could be, I only know about the first 600 they released, haven't paid attention after the first three got panned in reviews. Only played the Harley one myself.

EDIT: "Most Wanted" looks like it got good user reviews, nice.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Welp, I played through most of the DLC now, here are my impressions:

Harley mission: boring challenge map
Red Hood mission: boring challenge map
Batgirl mission: boring mini sidequest with less gadgets
Catwoman mission:boring chall...wtf this last fight is fucking insane. fuck this. /ragequit
Robin mission: didn't even try

Season of Infamy
Mad Hatter: Fetch quests with an okayish final setup
Killer Croc: Nice environments and atomsphere, meh story
Mr. Freeze: Ok predator encounter, some filler crap, car fight, FANTASTIC story. Really really good, better than the OC
Ra's Al Ghul: Retarded follow the tracks beginning, some mediocre fights, pretty decent story and and WHAT IS THIS? an option(with no consequence)

Vibalist

Arcane
:necro:

How are the performance issues? Have they been fixed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom