Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
N83ItqC.jpg

Andhaira

Arcane
This was Rocksteady's final Buttman game. Wonder what they will do next.

Would love for them to do another DC hero (or villain). But Their engines cannot handle anything like Superman or Captain Marvel/Shazam or heck, even Flash. Though if they take a page out of DC Universe's book and go that route, they could do plenty of heroes.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd like to see an actual good Watchmen game. I played that beat em' up on PS3 but it was nothing special.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They could use the same engine and much of the same gameplay mechanics for a Daredevil game, though probably more stealth based since he doesn't really use gadgets.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/126456258427632890

PC Update, October 1st
2 OCTOBER - YORICK
As many of you know, we released a major patch for Batman: Arkham Knight PC a few weeks ago. While there were significant performance improvements made to the game, the teams are continuing to work on the additional updates that were outlined in our previous post. We expect these updates to be ready at the end of October, at which time the PC version will be made available for purchase. In addition, support for all DLC that has been released for the console versions will be in place.

Thanks again for your continued patience and support. We’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as the update is live.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

subi

Augur
Even on lowest setings game still use 6GB ? Also warning about installing newest drivers on ati .. Any app to check real memory game usage ?

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The opening sections were intolerable simply because of the amount of Batmobile / drone fighting and sadly this remains the case for most of the game. There's too much of the drone fighting.

It is interesting how Rocksteady took a formula that worked so well and added in a completely unnecessary new mechanic that became the gameplay focus. The entire game suffers as a result.
Indeed, ACE Chemicals is particularily annoying with all the the constant jumping in and out of the Batmobile, and it really kills the atmosphere of progression that would otherwise have been present as you progress and are introduced to new enemies and mechanics.

It's like that for most of the game. You're in a great fight against ninjas and shielded brutes, then fight tanks in the goddamn Batmobile. You do a predator section with medics and boa drones, then fight tanks in the goddamn Batmobile. You fight Riddler's gender-specific robots with Catwoman, then race in the goddamn Batmobile.

It should have been a one-time gimmick or something, instead of being forced onto you every other encounter.

Second, the Riddler race maps. Ok, they are entirely optional but you have to do them if you want to get the real 'ending', and if you actually want to free Catwoman from the Riddler, and the map which has you drive sideways across the curve of a dam while avoiding walls that stick up out of it was so rage inducing I almost quit the game for good. Again, that fucking Batmobile.
That last race track had me pulling out my hair as well, and took a couple of retries. Wally Wingert's phenomenal performance as the gloating Riddler was ironically the thing that kept me going.
When you screw up an obstacle toggle and accidentaly smash the Batmobile with a giant red cube, the first thought that comes to mind is "WHY ARE THERE RACE TRACKS IN MY ARKHAM GAME???".

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Gotta love those Steam comments repeated multiple times on almost every page of every official post:

............../´¯/).............(\¯`\
............./...//.... ......... ..\\...\
............/...//................ ...\\...\
...../´¯/..../´¯\............ /¯` \....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......._|.\....\....\...\.\
(.(....(....(..../..)..)…...(..(.\....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../......\...\/................/
..\.................. /.........\................../

Jozoz

Prophet
Is it not possible to just not use the Batmobile? I have exactly 0 desire to use it. If it's such a big part of the game, I'm not sure I want to play it. That's coming from someone who thinks Asylum and City are some of the best games released in the past 10 years.

Caim

Arcane
Is it not possible to just not use the Batmobile? I have exactly 0 desire to use it. If it's such a big part of the game, I'm not sure I want to play it. That's coming from someone who thinks Asylum and City are some of the best games released in the past 10 years.
If that's the case I got bad news for ya bro.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a huge part of the game. You're constantly forced to fight tanks, helicopters, and other shit with it.

I wonder if it'd be possible for someone to mod out all those sections.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358664118

PC Update, October 28th
28 October - Yorick

Greetings Batman: Arkham Fans!

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is back up and available today! We are genuinely thankful to the Batman: Arkham fans, the Steam Batman: Arkham Community, and the PC Players who have patiently waited for this day. As a show of our appreciation to our fans in this process, we are pleased to announce three community focused programs to help us commemorate the re-launch of the game.

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

Seeing as our community was a great help in getting the game up and running, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles. Stay tuned for more details on this in the Batman: Arkham Community and Social Channels.

Finally, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Valve and the Team Fortress 2 team for a special cross-game promotion. Through November 16, 2015, Valve will be running a contest for the Steam community to create Batman: Arkham themed cosmetic items for Team Fortress 2. The winning items will be given out to those who purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam before the end of the contest. You can check out the official TF2 blog[www.teamfortress.com] for all the contest details!

To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:
  • Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
  • The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
  • The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

So, as compensation for a shit launch we're getting

• Games we already own
  • A couple of new challenge maps
  • TF2 hats!

Although free challenge maps is always welcome as long as they're freeflow combat/predator and not Batmobile.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.

So 12gb is the minimum for games these days I see... :hahano:

Anyway has someone around here tried it now to tell us how bad the technical problems and the performance are at the moment,I am considering it for the Christmas sale if it's cheap enough

Astral Rag

Arcane
3EC5473EE48FC3578550A1282B982170DADFF2C7

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=469881405

:lol:

After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue.

For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.

:lol:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom