Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Ugly-ass suit.:S Too much fucking armor! The Asylum suit was great, sure it had the bulky boots and gloves, but at least the suit itself and the cowl were pretty fucking basic.

But OK. Dug the previous three games, looking forward to this one!

And in regard to Origins, I thought it was cool that they at least TRIED to beef up the 'world's greatest detective' aspect of Batman a little bit. It wasn't much, but still more/better than what Asylum & City did.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Ugly-ass suit.:S Too much fucking armor! The Asylum suit was great, sure it had the bulky boots and gloves, but at least the suit itself and the cowl were pretty fucking basic.

Don't worry, if you pre-order now from Gamestop, you can get the Exclusive Classic Batman Suit DLC!

Drakron

Arcane
And in regard to Origins, I thought it was cool that they at least TRIED to beef up the 'world's greatest detective' aspect of Batman a little bit. It wasn't much, but still more/better than what Asylum & City did.

No.

It had a gimmick, there was no deductions because its not a adventure game, its also clear cut with just one path ... its no "Sherlock Holmes: Jack, The Ripper" but what really damned Origins was it wasnt Origins and just another Joker story, you know ... LIKE THE LAST TWO FUCKING GAMES! but at last Asylum was a proper story with City being two stories that clashed for the spotlight.

Origins would be better off if it was exactly that, Batman starting out without the Joker or having a parade of Batman's rogue gallery like City did, in the end they simply made City ... again.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex

The official trailer has landed and Rocksteady has revealed an all new feature known as Dual Play. Rather than constantly be wearing the Batsuit, we'll be able to jump between Batman's sidekicks during combat. According to the official press release, we'll be able to "seamlessly switch between The Dark Knight and his allies including Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman in FreeFlow Combat.''

Sounds cool to me!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Noticed this was rated M, surprised WB approved of that. The others were just a few blood pools away from being M, so it's not such a big thing to dial it back a bit for a teen rating.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
what's the point of the combo bar?
That's how the Arkham games play. You build up combo points and then when you get enough you can do special moves. Which are pretty useful against the tougher enemies you can't normally hit or guys with weapons, especially guns. Of course they're not really needed in Normal mode, just somewhat required in Hard mode (depending how you play).

The annoying thing about Hard mode in Arkham City and Origins still shows the counter "prompts" (the above-the-head lightning bolts) whereas in Asylum in Hard mode you had no notification. I hate those, since there's actually a semblance of difficulty without them. Granted in City and Origins they cranked up the encounter difficulties to compensate.

It's the pussy ass fake Azrael we got in Arkham City. Not the real Azrael (i.e. Jean Paul Valley)
I think it's the Michael Lane version? Meh. I was just curious if he was going to be related to the Arkham Knight.

Also I was reading the "Arkham Knight" comic and he says he's "someone that knows [Batman/Bruce] too well to hide from the obvious, broken man he's become." I really hope it's not Hush or Jason Todd because that would be a too obvious letdown.

I hope the Arkham Knight is Alfred :lol:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/More-Details-on-the-Season-Pass/m-p/488981

Earlier this week, we announced the Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Knight. While the story of Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham Trilogy will come to a close on June 23rd, we are excited to continue telling stories and delivering more content to explore and play through in the 6 months following the game’s release. We’ll be building more narrative, more missions, more challenges and more characters and vehicles that we want players to experience, even though they didn’t fit into the storyline of Batman: Arkham Knight.

We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass. While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family

An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

original

The Season of Infamy

Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories

Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks

Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps

Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins

A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.

Batgirl DLC is :d1p:

Batgirl brings the number of playable characters to 7. That's absolutely ridiculous!

My bet for how many of them will have missing gadget quickfire keyboard controls? 3 :troll:

The annoying thing about Hard mode in Arkham City and Origins still shows the counter "prompts" (the above-the-head lightning bolts) whereas in Asylum in Hard mode you had no notification. I hate those, since there's actually a semblance of difficulty without them. Granted in City and Origins they cranked up the encounter difficulties to compensate.
In Origins, you can actually turn off the counter icons in the options menu. I played the entire game without counter icons from the start (the only exceptions are in interactive cutscenes such as when you and Joker fall from the Royal Hotel).

Hopefully they're togglable in the option menu in Knight as well.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/More-Details-on-the-Season-Pass/m-p/488981

Batgirl: A Matter of Family

An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

original

Batgirl DLC is :d1p:

Batgirl brings the number of playable characters to 7. That's absolutely ridiculous!

Wait doesn't Oracle appear in the previous Arkham games and in the trailers of this one too?
Does this mean it's not going to be Barbara but one of the other Batgirls?

Still interested though

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Wait doesn't Oracle appear in the previous Arkham games and in the trailers of this one too?
Does this mean it's not going to be Barbara but one of the other Batgirls?

Still interested though
The DLC takes place before she's crippled.

prequel story expansion in an entirely new location

I saw that but didn't know how much of a pre that was,she was already Oracle in Asylum so it must be a few years back,I hope they don't just do the Killing Joke because that would be one short DLC

Doorbell rings
You open the door
BANG you are paralyzed

The End
:dead:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I saw that but didn't know how much of a pre that was,she was already Oracle in Asylum so it must be a few years back,I hope they don't just do the Killing Joke because that would be one short DLC

Doorbell rings
You open the door
BANG you are paralyzed

The End
:dead:

brTu2Xe.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom