Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So maybe he's the puppeteer. Ventriloquist (Arnold Wesker) and his puppet Scarface, were never show in-game. Only mentioned. Maybe this is the secret reveal? The "new" Scarecrow just looks... fake. Strings on skin, fake teeth.
It is Scarecrow.

His face looks like hell because of the mauling he took from Killer Croc in the first game.

Nearly mauled to death by Killer Croc in the sewers beneath Arkham Asylum, Dr. Jonathan Crane has returned to Gotham, surgically reconstructing his scarred visage into a new, terrifying face.

j3u3urjil3.gif

Jozoz

Prophet
Scarecrow is my favorite Batman villain so this is excellent news.

Joker is very good too, but it's gonna be great to have a game without him.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Scarecrow is my favorite Batman villain so this is excellent news.

Joker is very good too, but it's gonna be great to have a game without him.
I'll eat my hat if he doesn't somehow make an appearance.

I have no hat.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I love the Joker, but after already having him as the main villain in every single Arkham game, it would be immensely stupid to do it again. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it above them to pull such a move.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
So maybe he's the puppeteer. Ventriloquist (Arnold Wesker) and his puppet Scarface, were never show in-game. Only mentioned. Maybe this is the secret reveal? The "new" Scarecrow just looks... fake. Strings on skin, fake teeth.
It is Scarecrow.

His face looks like hell because of the mauling he took from Killer Croc in the first game.

Nearly mauled to death by Killer Croc in the sewers beneath Arkham Asylum, Dr. Jonathan Crane has returned to Gotham, surgically reconstructing his scarred visage into a new, terrifying face.

j3u3urjil3.gif

Why are you shitting on my good plot twist with truth and facts? How dare you!

cw8

Cipher
What are the chances of them making a Green Arrow game in the Arkham series engine/gameplay.

Ivan

Arcane
Still as perfect as I remembered it. Brilliantly paced, masterfully crafted. Pretty simple boss fights.
2B0DA3EF5BEFABECD72B5EDA635F8DB821218253

Now, City.
578CC9FDD32D0B615966B6C162E71944D029DF03

I still miss the claustrophobia of the Asylum and flying through the City makes me want to listen to every single convo, but it's impossible since they eventually overlap. Regardless, still awesome. The best addition in City? Easy:

Last edited:
I'm going through both games again, halfway through Asylum now. While I consider City to be the better game in most aspects, especially the, you know, gameplay, Asylum has enough of a unique charm to not feel obsolete after its improved sequel. It's also pretty cool how City is not just continuation of the story but also the gameplay. You have most of the upgrades you acquire throughout Asylum from the start in City and you're treated to a bigger variety of enemies much sooner as well. This is how sequels should be. I can only hope they can repeat that same sense of progression in Arkham Knight. These games are proof that popamole can actually be good when done right.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Just finished replaying both. I love the claustrophobic feel of Asylum and I also enjoy flying around Arkham City. I'm glad to see that they've sped up the flying speed in the demos for AK as there were times where I just wanted to fly a bit faster in AC. I'm also wondering if they're gonna try to do the Catwoman, or some other character, side campaign.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Why is Origins vilified? I'm a few hours in and so far it feels like "more of the same but slightly less polished".

I was expecting some massive decline but:

Gameplay is identical, warts and all.
Voice actors are different but they're also quite good.
Graphics, sfx and music are on par with previous games.
No serious bugs or other problems, game runs great.

Does the game turn to shit later or does it infect your computer with Russian killer viruses or what?

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Why is Origins vilified? I'm a few hours in and so far it feels like "more of the same but slightly less polished".

Does the game turn to shit later or does it infect your computer with Russian killer viruses or what?

I am in no way comparing the developers of Origins to Obsidian, but you know how fans of the original game were always going to dislike Neverwinter Nights 2 and KOTOR 2 simply because they weren't developed by BioWare? And how fans of Fallout 3 were always going to dislike New Vegas because it wasn't developed by Bethesda? It is a bit like that here.

I am not saying Origins is comparable to any of Obsidian's games but there's a little bit of that here, where modern gamers get irrationally attached to a studio and will overlook a game's merits because of that. The Codex is guilty of it sometimes - just look at the response to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a perfectly decent game which only now is starting to get favourable retrospectives from the Codex.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, most people here said DXHR was 'good for what it is' when it was released.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
DXHR IS good for what it is. :3

It's just not very good for a Deus Ex game. But it's a solid popamole covershooter with piss filter and (a)wesome killcams.

Deleted member 7219

DXHR IS good for what it is. :3

It's just not very good for a Deus Ex game. But it's a solid popamole covershooter with piss filter and (a)wesome killcams.

You actually played it as a shooter?

:hmmm:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Asylum was good, i got bored with City, hoping Knight will be more like Asylum.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

The pacing of it is off, the way it tries to lock areas out is very annoying(the bridge, bowery), the gloves are OP as fuck. It's a really good game, it's just not as good as the first two. Dat snow doe...

Ivan

Arcane
lame boss fights, awful dialogue,

the takedown bug is hilarious (when they're getting up and when you pounce them they automatically go flat on their back).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Random other company makes slightly worse game and brings nothing new.

Ivan

Arcane
You know how they say, "it's been a pleasure"? Well, it hasn't. :love:

will my 670 survive this? :negative:

what's the point of the combo bar?

more brutal batman. :incline:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom