Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Barkley 2 - the new Codex vaporware champion

Will Rodman create world peace by singing happy birthday to Jong?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm playing the original game now (currently investigating the diabetes cult). It is so bizarre and nonsensical, I just can't help to love it. Good job. :salute:
Needless to say I am really looking forward to the sequel. Keep it up!

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
cboyardee - how long was the original game (in hours) and how long do you think that Barkley 2 will end up being?
Most people can probably beat Barkley 1 in 4-5 hours. It kind of amazes me when people say they took longer, because there really isn't that much in it. It was a very linear game and Barkley 2 is different. It's a non-linear game about exploration, choices, consequences and things happening over time. The whole idea is that two people can play the game and have wildly different experiences; they'll talk to each other and wonder if they were even playing the same game. So depending on how you play, what you experience and see, where you are at what time, the priorities and goals you set for yourself, it can be very short or very long. In my mind, the average playthrough will be 10-15 hours, but it's intended to be played a couple times to see how much things can vary.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...equel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/879770

Man, I always feel weird when I post about the game, but we just posted a pretty huge update. Aside from having a fairly substantial playable demo at Florida Supercon in a month, we've also just announced our secret weapon: B-Ball Tactics. Our old pal Jonathan Dixon (creator of Alcaryx Complex, CHECK IT OUT) is helping us with a turn-based basketball RPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics that will be also be playable at Florida Supercon both in the game... and live!!!!!!!!! The plan is that we're actually going to be hosting live versions of this bizarre, turn-based basketball game there, which should be pretty fun. Also, I just want to clarify that this game is actually part of Barkley, as in it's part of the game, but we'll also be releasing a stand-alone PC version for all the backers that they can play before the game is out + versions for things like iPad and Android.

As far as the rest of development goes, it has been better and faster in the last few months that at any point before. I'm pretty excited about the stuff we've been working on and while I can't really show much of it right now, I think it's pretty good!! I'm really proud of what we've accomplished so far.

So yeah, a huge, long-overdue update for you all.

ColCol

Arcane
Man, I love turn based/strategy sports games, can't wait to try this.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
So we're packing up our stuff for the road trip to Miami now. Florida Supercon will be from July 3-6 so if you're in the area in that time, you can play Barkley 2 with us, create your character with the wizard and play live B-Ball Tactics with us. Oh god we're doing panels too and one of our panels is at the same time Dan Harmon's is, so nobody's going to show up, meaning we'll probably be fucking insane. Anyway, if any of you are down in Florida then stop by and hang out with us for a while.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So we're packing up our stuff for the road trip to Miami now. Florida Supercon will be from July 3-6 so if you're in the area in that time, you can play Barkley 2 with us, create your character with the wizard and play live B-Ball Tactics with us. Oh god we're doing panels too and one of our panels is at the same time Dan Harmon's is, so nobody's going to show up, meaning we'll probably be fucking insane. Anyway, if any of you are down in Florida then stop by and hang out with us for a while.

crojipjip DO IT

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
please come to brazil

Alonebadman

Educated
I really hope there's an unlimited slam works skill in the game but it won't be. Hopefully the Chaos Dunk will make a return.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath

crojipjip DO IT

14549.jpg
I see many potentialities for the utilization of fractals in Barkley 2. Have you men considered it?

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nice music, Eric! I like how your stuff sounds like a cross between Genesis and Playstation. I even tried to play all five tracks at once for a true Prosper experience. Good thing I don't own a gun. :lol:

That just made me think how funny a status effect that forced the player to listen to messed up versions or combinations of tracks would be.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
That just made me think how funny a status effect that forced the player to listen to messed up versions or combinations of tracks would be.
This is an extremely good idea. Holy shit.

PS, here's a really good email we just got -

Btw, this is a thought I had when listening to the first part of the first tune in the update. It was plain horrible. However the second part of it demonstrated the newer version of that tune and it's much better (and in tune too) so I think you can get a good game out with these musics.
Thanks.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A couple of pictures from the Barkley 2 presentation at Tokyo Game Show, including the turn-based b-ball:

DSCF4046.JPG

DSCF4050.JPG

dscf4049_1.jpg

Barkley 2 embracing its Japanese roots, I see.

(Pics taken not by me, but by another Codex agent)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
We have the developer posting on the thread, but our leaks come from Japan. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom