Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Barkley 2 - the new Codex vaporware champion

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What about dance pad support, will I be able to play with my DDR dance pad?
Only during the dance-off minigame vs the final boss.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
The music is amazing. I hope you guys show a lot more off at Pax.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Hey, so we're at PAX now. We've got a booth in the Indie Megabooth, we're right behind Age of Decadence. We've got a demo available if you want to play it and we're doing this fucking awesome character creation thing that has blown everyone who's done it away so far, so come by if you're here. Plus we've got a few salacious Cyberdwarves for your pleasure.

Kind of learning that PAX is not the place to show RPGs. In order to really get something from an RPG,you have to sit down for like an hour and do everything, wander around towns and do quests and stuff. At PAX, most people can only play for like 5 minutes, so for the most part we've got people going to this dungeon and killing stuff, which is cool but they're missing most of the actual game. Like in this demo alone, which is just one area, there's about as much text as a novel. But it has been phenomenally cool so far and we've met so many awesome people, fans of the game and people excited for it and a couple people working on other games. I haven't gotten the chance to check out Dead State yet, but I met a dude working on it and Age of Decadence and he was really cool. Hopefully I get a chance to check them out later today.

Anyway, come visit us if you're here and maybe we can get some plans and do something afterwards.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey, so we're at PAX now. We've got a booth in the Indie Megabooth, we're right behind Age of Decadence. We've got a demo available if you want to play it and we're doing this fucking awesome character creation thing that has blown everyone who's done it away so far, so come by if you're here. Plus we've got a few salacious Cyberdwarves for your pleasure.

Kind of learning that PAX is not the place to show RPGs. In order to really get something from an RPG,you have to sit down for like an hour and do everything, wander around towns and do quests and stuff. At PAX, most people can only play for like 5 minutes, so for the most part we've got people going to this dungeon and killing stuff, which is cool but they're missing most of the actual game. Like in this demo alone, which is just one area, there's about as much text as a novel. But it has been phenomenally cool so far and we've met so many awesome people, fans of the game and people excited for it and a couple people working on other games. I haven't gotten the chance to check out Dead State yet, but I met a dude working on it and Age of Decadence and he was really cool. Hopefully I get a chance to check them out later today.

Anyway, come visit us if you're here and maybe we can get some plans and do something afterwards.

Are you going to put up a video of character creation after PAX is over? Or a demo similar to Saints Row's Inauguration Station maybe?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kind of learning that PAX is not the place to show RPGs. In order to really get something from an RPG,you have to sit down for like an hour and do everything, wander around towns and do quests and stuff. At PAX, most people can only play for like 5 minutes, so for the most part we've got people going to this dungeon and killing stuff, which is cool but they're missing most of the actual game. Like in this demo alone, which is just one area, there's about as much text as a novel.

The Wasteland 2 Gamescom demo nodded sadly.

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer

Are you going to put up a video of character creation after PAX is over? Or a demo similar to Saints Row's Inauguration Station maybe?
Not sure, there might be a piece on it somewhere and I'll post it if there is, but I feel like the meaning and fun of it is lost unless you were actually there and experienced it yourself. A video wouldn't really suffice even, because there's stuff that we do in person that we don't do in the game. We've got a guy in a wizard suit reading tarot cards we made, and we built a chess board with a computer in a slot underneath it, so it wouldn't really be captured in a video. But we'll see, maybe someone will film it. Also, what we're doing is a greatly reduced version of the actual character creation, we had to cut it down so it fit within like 20 minutes.

likaq

Arcane
They are showing gameplay right now.
Next gen graphics imo.
:troll:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Indeed. I like the neckbeard wearing a fedora, flame pattern shirt, short pants and socks with flip flops :lol:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Notice that our names are both Eric. Also notice the snail character from Barkley 1 named Eric. There is a pattern.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
http://www.gamespot.com/pax/barkley-2-breeding-firearms-for-fun-and-profit-6414023/

Here's another interview we did, it shows pretty much the same thing as the twitch.tv interview but goes a little more in-depth about the gun's system, which may or may not be interesting to you, who knows. The dude we did the interview with, Maxwell McGee, is one of the coolest guys we've met and was genuinely pumped for Barkley. We did this post-mortem with him during the Kickstarter and Brian made this fake picture where Zalatar, that weird furry turkey man in Barkley 1, was in the party and he got really excited because he thought Zalatar might have been a party member in an older version. So yeah, he's a legit fan and is really cool and it was awesome meeting him.

Even though the vids don't really show much, the demo, which was limited to the Tir na Nog area, had about a full novel's worth of text and several (I think 4 or 5?) quests in it. We also did that cool live action wizard character creation thing, so about 50 or so people got codes that they can use when the game comes out to play as the character they made during PAX. There's stuff in the twitch video I was hoping people would notice but they haven't seemed to yet...

PAX was very cool by the way. With one or two exceptions, we'd never met anyone who had ever heard of this game before. It was surreal meeting people all day long who were fans and were legitimately excited for it. We met so many unbelievably cool people and I think I can safely say we had by far the coolest fans there. It was an insane amount of work, I only got to leave the booth twice for about 10 minutes each the whole time, but it was a lot of fun and I'm glad we did it if only to show our backers we haven't blown all your money. We also met a lot of very cool developers, the Telepath Tactics team, Dead State/Age of Decadence people, the executive producer from Dungeons of Dredmor, the Dwarf Fortress bros, so many more incredible people. I could talk forever about how cool it was to meet these people. They were all great.

By the way, we didn't go to it but there was this one Microsoft after party that apparently nobody showed up to, but they were only serving doritos and mountain dew. I wish I had gone.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So the release has been pushed back to late 2014 now, huh? I can live with that if the game really is as huge as you guys say. ;)

lightbane

Arcane
I've finished the prequel recently. Hopefully this sequel will be as good as the original. Have a totally unrelated video:

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
But it has been phenomenally cool so far and we've met so many awesome people, fans of the game and people excited for it and a couple people working on other games. I haven't gotten the chance to check out Dead State yet, but I met a dude working on it and Age of Decadence and he was really cool. Hopefully I get a chance to check them out later today.
Hey, it was great to meet you guys. Each day I made sure to run around the megabooth just to see how you guys were doing. It was funny that pretty much ten minutes before PAX had to close (on the last day) we got the chance to swap places and play each other's game. Though I wish I could have explored more of the RPG aspects of Barkley 2 (since like you said PAX is not the place to show RPGs), but from everything I had seen and heard, the game is definitely shaping up to be really great. I hope you had fun with the Dead State demo btw.

We've got a demo available if you want to play it and we're doing this fucking awesome character creation thing that has blown everyone who's done it away so far, so come by if you're here.
Out of the entire event, my only regret was not being able to see the full character creation performance, but I'm glad you guys at least gave me a rundown of how it goes. It sounded like the funnest thing at the show. :)

keppj0nes

Educated
Any thought toward boxed physical versions of the game to sell? I kind of passed over the kickstarter because there wasn't any on offer. Keep up the good work.

Murk

Arcane
Weapons can do decimal points of damage? Hah.

Gravitational Lead Elephant Gun of the Sigmund, stored in his gun pouch next to a SMG he bought for 50 neuro shekels.

I'm glad we can make out more of the text, the twitch.tv one was a bit too quick (understandably).

Indeed. I like the neckbeard wearing a fedora, flame pattern shirt, short pants and socks with flip flops :lol:

Yeah, that resume quest looks hilarious. I was cracking up throughout. Can't wait for this game.

'I've modded the pets subforum of DwarfNET with extreme distinction and have accumulated a body of work made up of over 20,000 posts' :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom