Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter campaign launching on June 2nd

Zeriel

Arcane
I honestly don't mind if he keeps making games for a niche I enjoy.

The moment he steps out of line he will reap the savage slapping of a thousand barbed Codexian cocks, however.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Backed both of their previous kickstarters and I love the guys but... not a fan ov blobbers.:S Hopefully there's a 15$ early bird or something.:S

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Fargo has delivered where some people have failed spectacularly or just tried to cynically jump on the free cash bandwagon, so I'll be backing the next kickstarter even if it's Brian Fargo Will Punch You In The Face - game of the year edition. Plus, it's probably important to piss off some big publishers some more and keep the rpg train rolling. And, yes, I realise that Fargo is a businessman not a prophet but lets keep rpgs good business.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
It will meet expectations when you factor in the sheer amount of aged geeks who played these games as t(w)eens and can afford healthy donations.

Then there's the healthy number of younger people on the internet who prefer these games over the recycled shit they receive who will also donate.

Let's hope the latter group don't start collecting girlfriends or they will disappear completely.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gonna see the pitch video and some more info for a better judgement, but as of now I think I'll pass this Kickstarter. There's just something about this that doesn't quite rub me the right way to get excited.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The way I see it, it could be either zooming out to a RoA style situation, or borrowing Wiz8's facing/reach circle and turning it into a full-blown battle screen.

I ain't gonna complain about either.
SNES/PS1 era Final Fantasy. It's still blobber combat mechanically, but the presentation was more overheadish.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I like blobbers
And I want a nice western blobber
Not another desu desu wizardry clone with less animation and grafix than Grimoire, or a tricycle like new M&M that I still finished 2 times
But something with 12 stats, 50 skills, 15 races and 17 classes and 8 magical schools
So I'd spend half of play time in character generation screen writing down my new party

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very much looking forward to pledging for this. Overall I've been pleased with most of the games I've KSed and still believe in it's viability to get the games I want to play.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Will be funded in 2-3 weeks. People underestimate the Bard's Tale brand.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, $1.25 is still a good chunk of change. I don't think they'll exceed $2 mil total. Still, I think a lot of Codexians are of the impression that this has to appeal to a wide audience at $15/pop or whatever they charge for the game tier. Most people who played Bard's Tale back in 't3h day' are over 40 and have shitloads of disposable income. They stand to make a lot of money off of the inflated nostalgia/art book/shag Brian Fargo tiers.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Eh, $1.25 is still a good chunk of change. I don't think they'll exceed $2 mil total. Still, I think a lot of Codexians are of the impression that this has to appeal to a wide audience at $15/pop or whatever they charge for the game tier. Most people who played Bard's Tale back in 't3h day' are over 40 and have shitloads of disposable income. They stand to make a lot of money off of the inflated nostalgia/art book/shag Brian Fargo tiers.

Not after us 40+ somethings have been burned a few times. I've given up on KickStarter Dreams...

Zep--

That network of caverns will be home to secret doors, and buttons that click but offer no immediate explanation of their function. It’ll house unlabelled teleporters, and areas of total darkness. Levels will be built one on top of the other and make spatial sense, to the extent that falling through a trapdoor will plant you in the logically-appropriate space on the floor below.

Fargo expects that some players will want to map them out on graph paper, “down to a square”.
And just as I though Fargo would be ever playing Macbeth, trying in vain to wash the vile stain that is the 2004 Bard's Tale travesty from his tainted hands, he comes along with this. Hardcore Mr.Fargo, hardcore :salute:

inB4 inXile announces automap and quest compass.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Wasteland 2 sounded awesome as well and we get a game that cleverly avoids scathing criticism. No, I wont back this, and no amount of awesome sounding marketing is gonna change that. Interested in seeing the Kickstater launch though.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
phase based might be total shit. I am going to wait for them to describe how it will really work before shoveling a truckload of money their way.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Someone tell the Seven Dragon Saga guys so the can ride Fargo's coattails to their minimum funding goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom