Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aw gawd, Basil Poleduris must be rolling in his grave

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Getting another quality blobber would be great, but after reading what Fargo's said about it (and keeping in mind the mediocrity of Wasteland 2) I'm doubting this will become one :negative:.

Also remember Fargo created all the games Interplay published:
LXFHy0B.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Rebecca Heineman said:
@woodygar @OldeSkuul Bard's Tale IV without the original team is not a good idea in my opinion.

:butthurt:

Btw, some press using images from comedic The Bard's Tale for their coverage. Some people are really exciting to see a sequel to that. :M

Weasel
Heineman's taken a couple of hours to go from pretend-joking to passive-aggressive to direct... this has some drama potential.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fargo, Fargo, Fargo, you know how this person gets, you should have foreseen this.

imweasel

Rebecca Heineman ‏@burgerbecky 5h5 hours ago
@BrianFargo When do I start? ;)

Rebecca Heineman ‏@burgerbecky 3h3 hours ago
@woodygar Interesting, since the team that did Bard's Tale IV at EA works at @OldeSkuul , I find it odd that we weren't contacted.

@Mecandes @BrianFargo @MikeStackpole We also have @JennellAllyn the designer of EA's Bard's Tale IV.

@Mecandes I'm more surprised that @OldeSkuul wasn't approached already, after all, look at who we are! :)

Rebecca Heineman ‏@burgerbecky 2h2 hours ago
@woodygar @OldeSkuul Bard's Tale IV without the original team is not a good idea in my opinion.

Rebecca Heineman ‏@burgerbecky 50m50 minutes ago
@woodygar @OldeSkuul Who was asking for my involvement? I would love to be a part of it.

Rebecca Heineman ‏@burgerbecky 20m20 minutes ago
@Umbersona @BrianFargo Cut content? I'm not sure what your comment is saying.

Rebecca Heineman ‏@burgerbecky 16m16 minutes ago
@Umbersona @BrianFargo I've got a draw full of folders with design docs. But, I was able to put EVERYTHING I designed into Bard's Tale III,

Rebecca Heineman ‏@burgerbecky 9m9 minutes ago
@Umbersona @BrianFargo I'd love to be part of it.
It is going to be interesting watching how this plays out. Fargo better throw her a bone before the SJWs hear about this.

popcorn_munching.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not going to be card based combat. Are you people that dense?

If somehow I end up being wrong I trust Infinitron will delete this post and hide the evidence against me.

I'd prefer if they innovated it by making it isometric and not a blobber, as opposed to taking inspiration from Hearthstone of all things. Can't complain though, if the game's trying to get that old school Bard's tale feel it clearly isn't aimed at me.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Bard's Tale 4?

:yeah:

Cardbased combat?

:rage:

Card based combat doesn't necessarily mean you use cards in combat. It could be a traditional interface where the cards are drawn and played behind the scenes and only show up in the combat log, like how you don't actually roll a die in D&D-based games.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'd prefer if they innovated it by making it isometric and not a blobber, as opposed to taking inspiration from Hearthstone of all things. Can't complain though, if the game's trying to get that old school Bard's tale feel it clearly isn't aimed at me.
Clearly it isn't. It's marketed towards actual old school gamers not poser tweenagers who weren't even born when the original trilogy came out.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
@Mecandes I'm more surprised that @OldeSkuul wasn't approached already, after all, look at who we are! :)

Indeed, your studio has you that only worked on the third installment, and you pitched a four entry of the franchise to EA being this an action RPG. I'm scratching my head to try to comprehend why the guy that now owns the IP and was responsible for the entire franchise, with his own team of veterans and new developers, hasn't aproached to a bunch of nobodies that feel entitled because you've made a shitty prototype for a non released game.

Don't lose hope, though! I'm shure if you keep this type of speech a lot of SJW will demand for her to be stretch goal, and if not, Fargo is a fucking misogynyst and the game will represent the opression of the patriarchy.

Go fuck yourselves.

In times like this I would like to have a twitter account.

Morkar Left

Card based combat doesn't necessarily mean you use cards in combat. It could be a traditional interface where the cards are drawn and played behind the scenes and only show up in the combat log, like how you don't actually roll a die in D&D-based games.

Card based combat sucks even in p'n'p rpgs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Please tell me where he says it will have card based combat?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Indeed, your studio has you that only worked on the third installment, and you pitched a four entry of the franchise to EA being this an action RPG. I'm scratching my head to try to comprehend why the guy that now owns the IP and was responsible of the entire franchise, with his own team of veterans and new developers, hasn't aproached to a bunch of nobodies that feel entitled because you've made a shitty prototype for a non released game.

Don't lose hope, though! I'm shure if you keep this type of speech a lot of SJW will demand for her to be stretch goal, and if not, Fargo is a fucking misogynyst and the game will represent the opression of the patriarchy.

Go fuck yourselves.

In times like this I would like to have a twitter account.

She's actually not talking about that god-awful ARPG prototype, but an actual cancelled Bard's Tale sequel by EA that was in development in the early 90s. Bill/Becky wasn't involved with that one, but some people at her company apparently were.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom