Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
so they've shot the KS video huh

hope they've developed a prototype cuz I'm not backing any more shit based on promises alone

for any future KS (inxile or otherwise) I will have to know the following before I back it:
1) amount of gore
2) how intrusive will backer-added bullshit be
3) if it be a linear piece of shit with faux C&C
Not to dissuade you, but I don't know exactly what you'd learn from a Bard's Tale protoype. Look, it's an RPG in first person! Also, not sure how important non-linearity is, outside of good dungeon design (which again you wouldn't really see in a prototype).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
so they've shot the KS video huh

hope they've developed a prototype cuz I'm not backing any more shit based on promises alone

for any future KS (inxile or otherwise) I will have to know the following before I back it:
1) amount of gore
2) how intrusive will backer-added bullshit be
3) if it be a linear piece of shit with faux C&C
Not to dissuade you, but I don't know exactly what you'd learn from a Bard's Tale protoype. Look, it's an RPG in first person! Also, not sure how important non-linearity is, outside of good dungeon design (which again you wouldn't really see in a prototype).
a prototype will tell me whether their fundamental idea had any promise or not.

are you sure it will be a first person RPG?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zed Do you want a prototype you can download and play, or just footage of one? Or merely a promise in words that they have one?

Because I'm fairly certain we will see some form of "gameplay" footage during the Kickstarter campaign, same as we did with Torment.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Zed Do you want a prototype you can download and play, or just footage of one? Or merely a promise in words that they have one?

Because I'm fairly certain we will see some form of "gameplay" footage during the Kickstarter campaign, same as we did with Torment.
gameplay video of how combat works would be swell, so we don't have to rely on their word to deliver on something which later turns out to be some neu xcom rip-off

Zeriel

Arcane
I couldn't give a shit about an actual prototype, but whether or not I'm jizzing out of excitement or want everyone involved to die horribly in regards to a first person RPG really depends on them having some etched-in-stone design fundamentals, if Fargo just has a bunch of marketing hype lined up, my interest level is approximately zero.

Actual turn-based blobber, though? That would get all of my wallet.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I couldn't give a shit about an actual prototype, but whether or not I'm jizzing out of excitement or want everyone involved to die horribly in regards to a first person RPG really depends on them having some etched-in-stone design fundamentals, if Fargo just has a bunch of marketing hype lined up, my interest level is approximately zero.

Actual turn-based blobber, though? That would get all of my wallet.
a prototype or a demo goes a long way in terms of having etched-in-stone design fundamentals

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

gameplay video of how combat works would be swell, so we don't have to rely on their word to deliver on something which later turns out to be some neu xcom rip-off
Remember though, they showed us early footage of Wasteland combat and it looked pretty good to people.

Athelas

Arcane
A video of a gameplay prototype would be counterproductive to the goals of a Kickstarter campaign, since videos of gameplay prototypes rarely look good.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't expect to see a functioning alpha or anything, but nowadays it's hard to take a game KS seriously without some concrete visuals of what it will look like in play.

Silvery talk about imagination and spun sugar were enough for Broken Age and Wasteland 2, but those dreaming days are gone now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/596353204943622144

CEasE2CUIAA_l2Q.jpg

Brian Fargo‏@BrianFargo
The CEO of metric driven games is back....

Hasn't the kid's voice changed by now

Athelas

Arcane
Is that kid just perpetually stuck in early puberty? It's been over 3 years since the WL2 video was shot.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Hey look, its Brian Fargo the millionaire trying to look cool to the poor unwashed masses by saying "lets fight the establishment that made me rich!"

ArchAngel

Arcane

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At least he doesn't insist on operating out of San Francisco like that money pit, Tim Schafer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
inXile's offices look like crap. Darkzone does have potato standards though

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
At least he doesn't insist on operating out of San Francisco like that money pit, Tim Schafer.
I'm not sure how much cheaper Newport Beach is compared to SF bay area. It's still California and a suburb of LA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom