Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Banished - Medieval SimCity

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've just seen this little fellow on RPS. Looks pretty good taking into account that it is made by 1 guy. Basicly it is a settlement building simulator. Like Simcity in medieval times.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/

A2.jpg

Screenshot6.jpg

Brinko

Arcane
Saw this last night when a friend sent me the vid, looks really fucking cool. My only reservation is does the guy have a plan to start missions within the game or is it just build your little settlement? I ask because I've grown bored of just straight city builders like SimCity so would like to know if there is any objective type shit you can complete to get bonuses or challenges to spice things up.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I really like that when you order to clean a forest, people actually cut the trees instead of them simply disapearing and farms actually take alot of space. It isn't clear on the video if all the buildings are pre-made and you just place them on the map or if there is still a zoning system like Simcity.

Norfleet

Hmm. "Screenshots" and a "movie" about a game for which no other evidence supports actually existing...there's a term for this...oh, right, VAPORWARE.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm. "Screenshots" and a "movie" about a game for which no other evidence supports actually existing...there's a term for this...oh, right, VAPORWARE.
What? :lol: What other evidence can there be, which proves the existence of a game? Do you want to download it, or what?

Jashiin

Arcane
Fuck yes, replaying settlers 2 right now.. this looks like the perfect combination of settlers and stronghold 1 gameplay. Let's hope he has all the resources physically stockpiled.. Loved seeing it all out there, not just disappearing into a shed with infinite internal dimensions.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
A simple question. When you people with correct English grammar are typing about stockpiled potatoes, are you using term potato, or potatoes?

Borelli

Arcane
A2.jpg

Stockpiled wood and stone brings back memories. I hope that occasionally vikings will sail in the river and wreck your shit for maximum medieval experience.
:takemymoney:
Edit: 82% education? Not in my medieval!

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
A simple question. When you people with correct English grammar are typing about stockpiled potatoes, are you using term potato, or potatoes?
That depends on what you're wearing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom