Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Banished - Medieval SimCity

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not convinced a pure medieval "sim city" would do well today.

There are already a flood of cheap / crappy medieval city building games out there. They might be mixed with RTS elements or RPG elements but if you want to sperg out building medieval cities shit is out there. The key word being shit.

I've seen similar posts in other places. I'm not sure if they're trolls or kids who are so used to facebook games that they honestly think all games should be free2play.

Kids these days honestly believe games should be completely free. They are fucking retarded. It makes for some fun trolling on these online games though.

bminorkey

I'm not convinced a pure medieval "sim city" would do well today.

There are already a flood of cheap / crappy medieval city building games out there. They might be mixed with RTS elements or RPG elements but if you want to sperg out building medieval cities shit is out there. The key word being shit.

What? There's almost nothing that fills the medieval sim niche. I've been looking for a long time. The games you're talking about aren't "mixed" with RTS elements, they're as much RTS as sim.

i wish there was a majesty with no combat and much more building

Last edited by a moderator:

bminorkey

lol the sims medieval isn't even a city building game

it's okay though

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wouldn't see the point in a medieval building sim without some sort of society or culture to go along with it.

Might as well just find an architectural cad program and fuck around on that if you are only interested in the buildings lol.

I mean, if I'm going to build a castle or fortress how else am I going to see how good the design is if people aren't trying to tear it down.

I'm not sure what all Majesty has but I guess I could check it out.

MoLAoS

Majesty was awesome for its day but sadly lacks quite a bit. Guilds have no depth really, the economy is the same. The concept is amazing and the sandbox maps are great though. Even if you end up spamming Royal Gardens cause you have nothing else to put in all that space.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Majesty was awesome for its day but sadly lacks quite a bit. Guilds have no depth really, the economy is the same. The concept is amazing and the sandbox maps are great though. Even if you end up spamming Royal Gardens cause you have nothing else to put in all that space.
Yes, a proper Majesty 2 (not that blasphemy which was released a few years ago) could have improved that. But that game is so close to my heart, that I can still play it and have lots of fun. Especially that I could never finish the Northern Expansion called expansion.

MoLAoS

Yes, a proper Majesty 2 (not that blasphemy which was released a few years ago) could have improved that. But that game is so close to my heart, that I can still play it and have lots of fun. Especially that I could never finish the Northern Expansion called expansion.

Yes. The hate for Majesty "2" must flow. I bought it and all the expansions cause I kept thinking it would get better. Beat the whole game. Never got better.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm a sucker for games like this. I don't expect anything great. I'm fine with a pleasant diversion, though.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Doesn't it have music at all, or is it just disabled for that video? Not a huge deal, I'll just use the soundtracks from other games if so.

Keshik

Arcane
Was from a beta version, so perhaps it's not final or was just left out. He did mention having a musician buddy to help him out.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Mhm. Those ambient sound loops could use some work too, but unless he went out of his way to make modding a bitch, that's easily sorted out if those are the final versions.

Borelli

Arcane
Ugly as sin interface. Looks like it was taken straight from *insert graphics/video editing program here*.
I agree. It's like a debug mode or something. When i first saw the alpha/beta/preview/whatever i thought it was just the placeholder but now i see he really went on with it.

Keshik

Arcane
Don't mind it myself, at least appearance wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom