Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Twitch Stream

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weren't you loving Beamdog because how could you refuse the same game + free mods at double the price?

I'm sympathetic to Beamdog. Just telling it like it is. The encounters here do seem smaller than those in PoE, so there's that. But IMO the highlight of the stream is the pre-battle dialogues, not the fights themselves.

Granted, this may be partly because Daigle is a poor player playing on low difficulty, and partly because spoilerful encounters have been removed from the build they're playing.

fdSloIp.png

He follows a lot of more interesting characters on twitter as well. Par exemple, a certain someone with an insatiable lust for five guys.

You may be creating a misleading impression here

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I don't get this, Roguey. Is he pro or anti-GG? Is he a SJW? Is he a faggot? This will determine my willingness to buy this game.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I think is a case of arrogance and a bit of ego that byte them on the ass.

That and a bit of incompetence and/or desire to cash in (dumbing down some aspects and adding the story mode which Hepler has championed). I believe it was a bit of everything... POE story mode:
sad-pug-desktop-background.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

That and a bit of incompetence and/or desire to cash in (dumbing down some aspects and adding the story mode which Hepler has championed). I believe it was a bit of everything... Poe story mode:

It wasn't Hepler, bro: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34155/story-mode

Not the only Beamdog feature Obsidian have copied, either (and vice versa).

No. It was Hepler who Championed the idea long before Beamdog even existed.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
That's bullshit, the screaming orb of rage never left, just made a bunch of alts. IIRC it was Hiver and Celerity the last ones.

The environment art looks actually pretty decent. Those mushrooms with a blue and green hue are really pretty.

Electryon

Savant
There is no reason to think this won't be the closest thing to a Baldur's Gate 3 that anyone is likely to get. And I don't really understand why anyone would be surprised Beamdog could do this. They know the engine inside and out. They had enough sense to realize that Throne of Bhaal wrapped up the saga very tightly and that the only logical place to explore was just what happened between defeating Sarevok and waking up in Irenicus' dungeon, which is something people have always wondered about. Add to that the fact that it's supposedly about as much content as Tales of the Sword Coast and Throne of Bhaal combined, and I think people are going to come to see it as a worthy addition to the saga.

Namutree

Savant
Beamdog would have to be shockingly incompetent for this NOT to be good.

Malpercio

Arcane
They had enough sense to realize that Throne of Bhaal wrapped up the saga very tightly and that the only logical place to explore was just what happened between defeating Sarevok and waking up in Irenicus' dungeon, which is something people have always wondered about.

Did we? Personally the timeframe is so small and the party composition so limited, that I can't say I do. Plus, I don't think they have the right to touch the original storyline. Hate Bioware today, they did BG2, they decided the series was done. I don't think it's right for someone to come and write an official fanfiction about it.

They could have easily made a Baldur's Gate game completely unrelated to The Bhaal saga, set it in the Sword Coast and make your own damn series.

Namutree

Savant
They had enough sense to realize that Throne of Bhaal wrapped up the saga very tightly and that the only logical place to explore was just what happened between defeating Sarevok and waking up in Irenicus' dungeon, which is something people have always wondered about.

They could have easily made a Baldur's Gate game completely unrelated to The Bhaal saga, set it in the Sword Coast and make your own damn series.

Then why call it BG? I don't see any reason a new IE game would have to be BG3. Also, choosing a new area like Calimshan or something seems wiser than reusing the Sword Coast again.

Delterius

Arcane

That and a bit of incompetence and/or desire to cash in (dumbing down some aspects and adding the story mode which Hepler has championed). I believe it was a bit of everything... Poe story mode:

It wasn't Hepler, bro: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34155/story-mode

Not the only Beamdog feature Obsidian have copied, either (and vice versa).

No. It was Hepler who Championed the idea long before Beamdog even existed.
She didn't 'champion' anything. She gave her opinion to an obscure website once. Nobody gave a shit then or even years later when people went bananas over a series she had nothing to do with.

Plus, easy mode has always existed.

You may be creating a misleading impression here

It may be intentional~

Xenich

Cipher
*shrug* Watch the stream and tell me how fun that looks. Poor guy just wants to rest and the trash mobs just keep coming

Yeah, poor guy just wants to rest spam their way through the game and random encounters keep getting in the way, absolutely horrible! /boggle

xemous

Arcane
lol they're using the infinity engine in 2016

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom