Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

Ninjerk

Arcane
It's pretty ironic, too. They could have just as easily kept those elements and said, "If people don't like that, then too bad."

jungl

Augur
anyone willing to tell spoilers what happens in the game. I'm burnt out of playing infinity engine games from years ago. Game mechanics have always been beyond retarded with hasting every battle, kiting, spells like magic missle being op while higher level spells are crap. The insanely unbalanced kits. Original icewind dale was the best 2nd edition dnd pc game. Still think dnd pc games are terrible, when the best tactical combat in one I played was indie shit like knights of the chalice, well.... Hasbro what the FUCK are you doing with you IPs. >_< pnp pc adaptions are all crap for the most part.

I don't know why they bother adding 6 something difficulties to a game where the game mechanics allow a kensai to instanst gib demigorgon before he can even attack.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ok i think by this point the guy who's making ui for them is just trolling everybody

How ugly would next version of their spellbook would look like?

Also they took my Imoen away with all the equipment and gave me Safana with 20 darts and studded leather armor

Desur

Educated
Patron
BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The new UI will take getting used to, can't honestly say that I'm sold on it. I won't pass any judgement on the quality of SoD yet, need time to actually play but it must be good because there's achievements.
:troll:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Link for the lazy?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42770/debate-something-for-the-gaymers

Perhaps it was different or less harsh from how I remember it now (it was a year ago,) but it happened there.

Naveen said:
Good characters are, above everything else, human (or human-like), if his orientation eclipses that you have not done a good job.
ajwz said:
If your diversity is forced or fake you suck at your job.
Naveen said:
One does not just create an amazing character and then say: "to all that, I'll add lesbianess and then she will be better".
Flashburn said:
This is one of the things that is killing the videogame industry, where identity politics are more important than making a GAME, the purpose of which is to ENTERTAIN.
:salute:

This is why Amber Scott writes romance-y quests for Jaheira and Khalid instead of something of value, and adds sexual orientations to NPCs by checklist.

Naveen said:
I'd probably be laughing myself to death if a D&D npc told me he actually identifies with and wants to be a woman
Well, your prediction has come true. Standards have fallen that low.

btw, some really miserable and misguided dumbfucks on that forum.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
JOJWZSF.jpg

:deathclaw:

put fucking stoneskin on be4 combat woman

Johannes

Arcane
Do you import any/all gear from BG1?

Also how is the xp curve early, if you dual a character (say, lvl9 berserker to mage) during the game how long will you be screwed for?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Everything gets imported but after tutorial they took my party away again and put stuff in chests
Probably would have to find them again

It's all interesting cinematic and fun but I prefer tyranic game designers TO NOT touch MY PARTY which I MADE with their dirty hands

I am REALLY TIRED OF MANAGING MY WANDS OF FIREBALLS AND PARALYZE BETWEEN CHESTS

Also how is the xp curve early, if you dual a character (say, lvl9 berserker to mage) during the game how long will you be screwed for?
It seems tame and on bg1 level, but it is supposed to be 30 hours expanshun, so who knows? I am berserker 3/druid 10

Azarkon

Arcane
I said it already in the other thread, but the biggest problem with introducing these ideas, is that they're never explored, only thrown in your face, which makes them out of place and ridiculous.

A D&D character who was born a male but has the mind of a female has many ways to become a physical female. The belt as mentioned, as well as plenty of other magical solutions. Even were such options out of the character's ability to obtain, there should at least be a mention, as opposed to acting as though this is our world and such a solution would never be acceptable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom