Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Yeah, that reads like Xzar if anyone.

Last edited:

Krivol

Magister
To be honest real transgender (and gay, and feminist) people like to talk about themselves a lot, even if you never asked for it - especially when they feel safe, like Mizogina in this cause (why not - she is kind of powerfull priest in friendly camp). It's like this Jim Carrey Gay video from SNL someone put to the other thread about this game.

I bet that noone would say a thing about writing in this game if Mizogina (or whatever her name is) would be a hiding demigorgon, former SWAT officer or even a lawyer (and also that #gamersgate drama helps).

I see another problem - that accusation from Beamdog that BG is sexist game - of courswe there are few damsels in distress (Branwen, Viconia, Dynaheir) but none of them is weak women (also, read story of Branwen, pretty feminist in my opinion), also there are few guys that you should help -I mean Xan or Yes-lick. Also Shar teel is pretty strong women mentally and physically.

Jaheira? Well, it's pretty common that strong wife with weak husband is a bit... well... mean and bossy. I know, because my wife is :P . Nothing wrong in her in my opinion.

Safana... Someone pointed it out here - she is supposed to be a kind of saboteur, spy or assasin, also she wants something from our hero (find the treasure) so she is trying to seduce him (or her - FYI we can play as women in BG1 - I'm looking at you, beamdog) it's normal behaviour in my opinion.

I'm replaying BG1 EE now, just to prepare to buy (maby some sweet sale, because this game is not selling well AFAIK) Dragonspear. In my opinion most changes in UI are rather good (HP bars, item comparison, easy usage of bows and shields etc.). Font is not that good, and I'm not sure if splitting char screen in few bars is a good decision, but probably I just got used to the old one.

Writing of a new content is not great, but I must say that writing and C&C in BG1 was pretty bland also. There is no reason why you should bring Neera or Dorn with you (except for their abilities, which are not so bad) as their quests are just bad and won't give you any useful item (maybe elven chainmail). Monk is extremly useless character, but at least his quest provides you with this neat belt of strenght.

tl;dr - I'm going to buy Dragonspear. No big expectations, but I believe I will enjoy it a bit.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
With all this SJW shit (and full pack of bugs) i'm going to put all future Beamdog games under scrutiny before giving them a single dollar.

Seriously, they hired voice actors from previous BG games, what held them from getting in touch with original authors. Although i would not be surprised if this (inclusion of shit political agenda, hiring Amber) was Hasbro idea, some out-of-touch top or something.

Athelas

Arcane
With all this SJW shit (and full pack of bugs) i'm going to put all future Beamdog games under scrutiny before giving them a single dollar.

Seriously, they hired voice actors from previous BG games, what held them from getting in touch with original authors.
Be careful what you wish for...

latest

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Be careful what you wish for...

latest

Oh my. Luckily he wasn't a writer on those.

Btw, this political shit in Bioware games might (and probably so) come from tops in first place, not writers or designers.
Who hired Amber? Trent. What he did when she said she puts her sjw agenda before fans' wishes and the game's tone - nothing. Well maybe he tried to appease to younger audience than "old-farts" of course. Like those guys at n-space.

But, like i said, that all might be Hasbro ideas in both cases.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh my. Luckily he wasn't a writer on those.

Btw, this political shit in Bioware games might (and probably so) come from tops in first place, not writers or designers.
Who hired Amber? Trent. What he did when she said she puts her sjw agenda before fans' wishes and the game's tone - nothing. Well maybe he tried to appease to younger audience than "old-farts" of course. Like those guys at n-space. But, like i said, that all might be Hasbro ideas in both cases.

Of course Gaider wrote on those. Baldur's Gate 2 didn't have "writers" - the area designers wrote their areas: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/credits

It's kind of a myth that Gaider is a "designer who became a writer". In all likelihood, the sort of "design" he did always involved a lot of writing.

Last edited:

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom