Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

Mustawd

Sure, there's not a lot of similar gaming forums like the codex, but that's beside the point. That subforum already has a million+ clones throughout the internet in the form of blpg or article comment sections. And yes, those are heavily unmoderated.

It's no more refreshing to see it on the codex as it is to see a pop up ad on the codex.

Weasel
Sure, there's not a lot of similar gaming forums like the codex, but that's beside the point. That subforum already has a million+ clones throughout the internet in the form of blpg or article comment sections. And yes, those are heavily unmoderated.

It's no more refreshing to see it on the codex as it is to see a pop up ad on the codex.

I find it refreshing on a forum to not have power-tripping mods banning people and restricting what people can say. I wouldn't waste much time on blog comments etc, I find them a completely different experience.

So for all the shit we give the staff and DU here I'd miss this place if it shut down.

Mustawd

Fair enough. You guys can enjoy it. I don't find a ton of value outside some of the posts here and there.

I mean I certainly don't want it removed. I just don't feel it adds much value to my experience to go in there. Generally apeaking of course. Then again, I tend to shitpost there when drunk, so there's that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shitposting is not what makes the Codex unique. Talking about RPGs with the kind of people who enjoy shitposting is.

Mustawd

Are we still talking about the politics subforum? I feel like this is becoming meta talk for our feelz about the codex.

ArchAngel

Arcane
aVENGER
I noticed two bugs/irritations in the game.

Thanks, our QA team will take a look.

BTW, if you notice any more bugs or oddities, feel free to report them on our Troubleshooting forum. People from our QA team are constantly scanning that for bug reports and they also have guidelines for entering the bugs directly into the Redmine database.
About that stealth bug. I kind of reproduced it. It has nothing to do with spellcasting or anything else.
It does not happen every time, maybe somehow connected with new turn happening in the background or something.

You reproduce it by turning off AI, have one guy enter Stealth successfully, manually click on Stealth button for him to leave Stealth and watch. If it does not happen click Stealth again and wait for 2-3-4 seconds and turn off Stealth. It happens for sure within 5-10 tries. Sometimes few times in a row. I did with with a lvl 9 Stalker character with over 100 in hide and move silently during day time.

If it happens you will see the character exist stealth immediately and then become invisible 1-2 seconds later even with Stealth button not being highlighted anymore.

EDIT: I also reproduced it with Minsc.

Weasel
Fair enough. You guys can enjoy it. I don't find a ton of value outside some of the posts here and there.

I mean I certainly don't want it removed. I just don't feel it adds much value to my experience to go in there. Generally apeaking of course. Then again, I tend to shitpost there when drunk, so there's that.

Perhaps we're not talking about the same thing, I was talking about the Dex as a whole (as sstacks was) and just realised you seem to be talking just about the politics forum only. Fair enough, didn't used to visit there much myself until the amusing Trump thread got going, but I'll end the derail there.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Eh, it's hardly a derail to point out that the same people clutching their pearls over a three-line trans character are also posting in threads like "Rapefugees invade Germania for tasty Merkel booty - natives kept in check with water cannon". In fact, it could be considered informative.

oh my god! What makes you think you can judge what is normal and what is deviant?
Statistics and scientific consensus, when talking in general.

When talking about transsexuals, the International Classification of Diseases: http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2016/en#/F66.0
Sexual maturation disorder
The patient suffers from uncertainty about his or her gender identity or sexual orientation, which causes anxiety or depression. Most commonly this occurs in adolescents who are not certain whether they are homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual in orientation, or in individuals who, after a period of apparently stable sexual orientation (often within a longstanding relationship), find that their sexual orientation is changing.

Egodystonic sexual orientation
The gender identity or sexual preference (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or prepubertal) is not in doubt, but the individual wishes it were different because of associated psychological and behavioural disorders, and may seek treatment in order to change it.

http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2016/en#/F64
Gender Identity Disorders
Transsexualism

A desire to live and be accepted as a member of the opposite sex, usually accompanied by a sense of discomfort with, or inappropriateness of, one's anatomic sex, and a wish to have surgery and hormonal treatment to make one's body as congruent as possible with one's preferred sex.
Btw, I hope you were just trolling.

How could one be "just trolling", when it's about defending freedom from homophobic sobs.

that stuff you link is not only pointless, it has no negative message per se. Transexuals aren't necessarily confused, uncertain or have disorder. As it's clarified in the next bit, they want to have a different body, so it causes discomfort. So they change it, and then they're congruent wth their preferred sex. Depression, anxiety and especially promiscuity, prostitution and generally an amoral behaviour is everywhere, in every gender, in the next-door husband freak who beats his wife and molests god knows who, in the wife who cheats and then goes home to cook and the dad who abandons sons,

So i don't see what's the problem with transexuality, a reply on your post wasn't necessary.

I don't see anything harmful to society in that. Only biased freaks would.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Eh, it's hardly a derail to point out that the same people clutching their pearls over a three-line trans character are also posting in threads like "Rapefugees invade Germania for tasty Merkel booty - natives kept in check with water cannon". In fact, it could be considered informative.

Ahahaha (sorry I still don't have option to brofist)

@ Gylfi.Fenriz.Conquests Scholar

I think he was talking about the other guy. You wouldn't be a paladin by any chance ?

Ahahaha (sorry I still don't have option to brofist)

@ Gylfi.Fenriz.Conquests Scholar

I think he was talking about the other guy. You wouldn't be a paladin by any chance ?

Well i'm not sure Paladins would do this. I'm usually more about compassion or spirituality, as per those old virtues of the Avatar. I think Paladins defend order and justice that are mostly evil

sstacks

Arcane
I wrote a completely unnecessary editorial on SiegeGate if anyone is interested.

It's pretty honkin' long or else I would have just posted it here.

The Siege of Siege of Dragonspear: A Baldur's Gate Story
http://shaneplays.com/the-siege-of-siege-of-dragonspear-a-baldurs-gate-story/

z6RZt7f.jpg

Metellus raising the siege by Armand-Charles Caraffe

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
People who coordinate voice acting need to learn to record 3 or so different lines to alternate for things a character is going to repeat frequently. Corwyn attacking immune enemies is quite an ear sore.

sstacks

Arcane

Luzur

Good Sir
To our community,

Dungeons & Dragons stands by the stories our partners tell and we fully support the choices Beamdog has made in developing Siege of Dragonspear. Inclusivity is a core value of Wizards of the Coast and we believe that all people, regardless of ethnicity, background, gender identity or sexuality, should be free to play our games without fear of harassment or attacks. In July of 2014 we released the D&D Player’s Handbook for the fifth edition and included the following section as an example of our core values.

Sincerely,
Nathan Stewart
Director of Dungeons & Dragons

12974489_10153970936806071_1735933573293940158_n.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
To our community,

Dungeons & Dragons stands by the stories our partners tell and we fully support the choices Beamdog has made in developing Siege of Dragonspear. Inclusivity is a core value of Wizards of the Coast and we believe that all people, regardless of ethnicity, background, gender identity or sexuality, should be free to play our games without fear of harassment or attacks. In July of 2014 we released the D&D Player’s Handbook for the fifth edition and included the following section as an example of our core values.

Sincerely,
Nathan Stewart

So all elves are actually gay or repressed gays :D

A guy I know when he would DM would always treat all elves in the world as gay, including all player elf characters. I guess he was right :D

Luzur

Good Sir
This excuse was just posted on Facebook actually, and every single comment is so SJW positive im suspecting its being moderated, so i posted a non-SJW comment just to test it.

Trashos

Arcane
To our community,

Sincerely,
Nathan Stewart

So all elves are actually gay or repressed gays :D

A guy I know when he would DM would always treat all elves in the world as gay, including all player elf characters. I guess he was right :D

Are you guys inclusive with people of different political orientations as well?

Luzur

Good Sir
Are you guys inclusive with people of different political orientations as well?

Naturally, only those that are of the liberal left, wouldnt want to have any special snowflakes melt now do we

EDIT: also, i think my comment has been removed actually, or it sunk deep into the other comments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom