Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
infinitron's cheesey news posts are the best.

"...will Goku survive? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of dragon baaawl zeeeee"

Trashos

Arcane
I am confused, why is D:OS on sale on the same day that SoD comes out? Can somebody fill me in?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I am confused, why is D:OS on sale on the same day that SoD comes out? Can somebody fill me in?

q1Swqca.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Anyone played it already?

If you start SoD game immediately, can you choose which NPCs from BG1 to have with you? Or how does it work?

I already installed the thing, but I don't want to spoil anything for myself. So unless I can choose NPCs, I'll play BG1EE first.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Extreme cutthroat tactics then or is it normal?

To be honest, it could just be a coincidence, since D:OS just had a big VR mode update. Dragonspear doesn't even have Oculus Rift support yet, so Swen probably doesn't see them as direct competitors.

Trashos

Arcane
This is definitely not a coincidence. I would be really pissed if I were Beamdog right now. My question (which I haven't expressed very well due to astonishment) really is the following: Do things like this always happen on release days (the mid-level company ones we care about) or are we witnessing a special case?

A user named cat

7th place on Steam now, so at least it's not tanking completely.

Second now.

Like the look of it :

ss_7af92c13753932e800c476be33a231d5e9330791.1920x1080.jpg

ss_73671dc5402180e3d65e5ebb5cd7b0d98f12a32b.1920x1080.jpg
Still looks like a cheap Android game. Everything looks like it's made out of mud and clay. Where is the sharpness? Why does it look so much worse and less detailed than isometric games from 15+ years ago? Why does Beamdog suck so much at this?

For comparison's sake:

iePMdkT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Why does it look so much worse and less detailed than isometric games from 15+ years ago?

The hard truth is that the art of making these kinds of 2D games has been lost to time, much like the writings of the Greek philosophers were lost during the Dark Ages.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
This is definitely not a coincidence. I would be really pissed if I were Beamdog right now. My question (which I haven't expressed very well due to astonishment) really is the following: Do things like this always happen on release days (the mid-level company ones we care about) or are we witnessing a special case?
Nothing weird about it, it's on sale for whole week anyway. It's not like beamdong loses sales because of it.

neucifer

Novice
I eagerly snapped this up into my gaping maw and was entranced for a good hour or so thus far, just doing normal IE things like bashing skellies and identifying items. It seems really easy on normal in the first dungeon but I'm sure that will change. I'm just excited to be able to play in this world again.

Trashos

Arcane
Nothing weird about it, it's on sale for whole week anyway. It's not like beamdong loses sales because of it.

No way, man, this is open declaration of war. Look, I am not naive in the ways of doing business. I just thought that most of the mid-level RPG companies were friends with each other and they didn't pull shit like this. Guess I was wrong.

Mortmal

Arcane
So how is it, mediocre, complete shit, or an abomination like sword coast legends ?
Oh and can you start without a BG1 save ?

neucifer

Novice
They gave me a full party after generating charname, without importing a save. I hear it changes depending on yr alignment. So far the attention to detail is actually superb. Lots of flavor text, updating dialogs, environment text. And I think the environments themselves are quite pretty.

Mortmal

Arcane
They gave me a full party after generating charname, without importing a save. I hear it changes depending on yr alignment. So far the attention to detail is actually superb. Lots of flavor text, updating dialogs, environment text. And I think the environments themselves are quite pretty.
Thanks for answering , the hardest thing to find on the codex is people actually playing games.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Difficulty Keeps Resetting
Everytime I reset the game, the difficulty goes to something new. Initially (after deleting the .ini file and Baldur.lua) it goes to easy; upon further restarts, it goes to Normal, despite having explicity set Core Rules in the Difficulty.

Anyone know how to get around this yet?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/371918937261365916/

This was also reported in one of the reviews in the news post. The reviewer couldn't get it fixed; he had to play a third of the game in Story Mode.

Mortmal

Arcane
You could always remedy the problem by buying it and playing it.

No reviews, no steam forum with initial impressions for it, the only reviews on steam are positive but all of them down voted cause theres absolutely no info about the game in said "reviews" ... Just advertisement and hype,i will never throw 25 euros through the window even if i can .So i better read from people not easily satisfied before buying.

sstacks

Arcane
Anyone played it already?

If you start SoD game immediately, can you choose which NPCs from BG1 to have with you? Or how does it work?

I already installed the thing, but I don't want to spoil anything for myself. So unless I can choose NPCs, I'll play BG1EE first.

It assigns NPCs to you. My party has Minsc, Khalid, etc. I found a post back in 2015 saying it would be based on the alignment you choose but I am not sure if that is the case in final product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom