Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Opening Cutscene and Gameplay Snippets at GameSpot

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, and I'm saying you have no clue what you're saying.
Hence:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
OK. And here ladies and gentlemen we have a prime example of newfag. Raised on quest compasses and NPC markers, he will fail to understand any game that doesn't play itself.

A user named cat

Character models looking as awful and globby as ever. Why does everyone have black outlines around them? Looks like an Android port.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
:) And the best thing is, in the end nothing was learned.
I just think you two are talking about different things.

He means this:

5CcmNYeZR_uk.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
How many times have I wandered with my mouse over the screen playing Baldur's Gate, searching for the characters.
Oh yeah, none.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Skipping through your own dialog in your own gameplay demo? :prosper:

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
How many times have I wandered with my mouse over the screen playing Baldur's Gate, searching for the characters....
Good for you, but check the pic and you will see that some chars are not very good visible. To improve that is a question of usability and that means the gameflow will be more fluent by improving it.
0M1rTec.jpg

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
You're right. I apologize. I tried to spot the chars myself and I could only find one :

6964520M1rTec.jpg

He suspiciously looks like a tree though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You are an idiot. They are not making this for you, but for people that never played BG before. I applaud all their efforts to change only UI for those people while leaving base game and all mechanics 100% intact. Or would you rather they went Pillars of Eternity route?
This forum is so full of retards, it is incredible.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I played BG at a much later stage for the first time and never had any issues with the UI. You have to be a retarded modern gamer to find it unplayable because of the UI. (Yes most players belong to this group and that's where the money is.)

Trashos

Arcane
They stated in their twitch stream that the outlines will be useful in the big battles (150 people IIRC) in the later part of the game.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
:) And the best thing is, in the end nothing was learned.
I just think you two are talking about different things.

He means this:

5CcmNYeZR_uk.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

The funny thing is that formations like that have no final impact on the overall quality of real-time RPGs where the AoE is way larger than that anyway. This either renders the formation moot or the AI stupid enough never to use this fact to its advantage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom