Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Opening Cutscene and Gameplay Snippets at GameSpot

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Separate inventory screens are very important to me and are an indicator of deep PnP experience

If you don't like PoE's UI then you should probably just give up on Kickstarter RPG UIs now

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I find it OK in a game like Underrail to micromanage the inventory because you have a single character but when you have 6 of them there should be improvements to quality of life as many devs are naming it nowadays.
The most important aspect is the radius of the loot that I first seen it in Wasteland 2 and further in PoE. I think that option is a must as long as you have the option to disable it. Another good one is speeding the time or slow it
Fuck PoE "improvement". Magical, infinite, never explained stash? Why cannot I use it to teleport back to it from anywhere? If it can fit all that shit, it should fucking fit Durance or at least that tiny ranger chick nobody cares about?
That stash is even worse than shit like Dogs in games like TL2 that run back with 300 kg of stuff to sell it for you.
Sawyer explanation is same shit like why Might gives you more Gun damage..

Oh I don't mind quality of life improvements. I just don't see any improvements in PoE.

Let's imagine the following situation:
1. Character X has a sword in his inventory.
2. You have character Y active in the inventory screen (you see his model on the left)
3. You right click the sword to view its properties.

Question: The sword's properties window will show the stats modified per which character's base attributes? X or Y?

I've only discovered the answer by experimentation. It's not documented anywhere. I've reported the behavior as a bug, no one took notice. I'm amazed this even got through QA, but I guess QA had bigger issues in their hands and there has been indication they were very understaffed.

As pretty much everything in this game, the UI wasn't thought out well before they set to making it. Because the game is made by people who have no experience with PnP, no experience with the IE games, and are casual players themselves.
I was referring to the overall layout, the optional combat and movement speed and pickup radius. Also the ability to exit a location just by clicking on the door icon. I didn't say PoE didn't have flaws but I find it a little bit pin in the arse going back to IE now. Another big thing I ike about PoE and can't get enough of it it's the perspective and closer camera zoom ( like in PS:T ).

Fuck PoE "improvement". Magical, infinite, never explained stash? Why cannot I use it to teleport back to it from anywhere? If it can fit all that shit, it should fucking fit Durance or at least that tiny ranger chick nobody cares about?
That stash is even worse than shit like Dogs in games like TL2 that run back with 300 kg of stuff to sell it for you.
the stash is optional.

ArchAngel

Arcane
the stash is optional.
No it is not since the game gives you way more items than BG did with all the shitty crafting components and you cannot drop them on the ground.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:) Like an old wound they just can't stop picking at.

I stated an opinion:
I'm of the opposite opinion - I find the inventory UI of BG/BGII to be far superior to that of PoE.

And later brought up an example as proof.

Then you felt compelled to police any expression of dislike of PoE as usual.

I'm "picking at an old wound"? Ok. :M

Kem0sabe

Arcane
yeah, easy for people who already know the items but for "newcomers" it's not.
I don't think it's reasonable to expect your character to know the exact gold resell value of an item he found in a tomb.

Maybe if it's tied, as suggested above, by am appraisal skill, but even then it should only be an aproximantion and not all vendors in game will offer the same value.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect your character to know the exact gold resell value of an item he found in a tomb.

Maybe if it's tied, as suggested above, by am appraisal skill, but even then it should only be an aproximantion and not all vendors in game will offer the same value.
I agree that it should only be approximate.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Whats wrong with the player developing an appraisal skill?

"Wow a new item.. I wonder what I could get for this.. better hold on to it until I reach a merchant"
What's wrong with that logic? We do still play RPG's right?

Whats wrong with the player developing an appraisal skill?

"Wow a new item.. I wonder what I could get for this.. better hold on to it until I reach a merchant"
What's wrong with that logic? We do still play RPG's right?
there is nothing wrong except even Underrail has a value for items and inventory is Bg2 is small.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If you don't like PoE's UI then you should probably just give up on Kickstarter RPG UIs now

"If you don't like PoE you should just kill yourself."

As it should be. Unless the point is to have items be a resource. In Underrail they are, in BG they're not.
It's another thing to have a skill or ability for that, like Lore, but to even so to have the game tell you instantly that the cool unique legendary your just found is worth this or that is just shit.

You cannot assign in BG2 were specific characters should be.

I'm sorry but sometimes I write when I am at work but yeah I am from Romania. Yeah I meant to say that in PoE you can control were the characters you want to be in formation were in BG there are only options for the shape of it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom