Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear - Gameplay and Mechanics Thread (NO political crap!)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Siege of Dragonspear Walkthrough - Part III has been posted.

This campaign is piss-EZ to do write-ups for in comparison to some NWN modules I've covered (e.g, The Bastard of Kosigan).

Cuz Codexers like pics:

expedition.jpg

Btw, no show-stopper bugs encountered so far *fingers crossed*

Enjoy.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Sprite density, ftw. Some solid scripting in this campaign. Sometimes the rabble gets in the way but it's only momentary and just in the city (a segment you can skip entirely).

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Enjoy.

What game version you playing? I've played 1 and a bit playthroughs and I also didn't get any major issues (a few crashes, one broken quest, a dodgy bard item and a party member interjection that stopped a quest from completing in the journal), especially happy to have dodged the "difficulty lowering" bug that has being mentioned everywhere. I've got non-galaxy GoG v2.0.62.2. Any info on whether it's mostly steam users suffering?

Reinhardt

Arcane
In All the Way to the Bank you can chase thief, kill and get stolen money back. But game never recognize it. No change in journal or dialog. Pay from your own wallet or fail - only 2 choices.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Same version as you. And yeah, it seems Steam users are having the most/worst issues.

Reinhardt

Arcane
As for major bugs - i've lost one of potential companions even before recruiting.
Khalid somehow managed to die in magic explosion in Boareskyr Bridge. No body, no chance to revive, no dialog options, even Jaheira doesn't care.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
In All the Way to the Bank you can chase thief, kill and get stolen money back. But game never recognize it. No change in journal or dialog. Pay from your own wallet or fail - only 2 choices.
My fighter/thief spotted that he was being robbed. Got a "don't rob a robber"-like dialogue option.

Unbeliever

Learned
After last patch, Wyvern quest in BG EE is bugged. I have two heads but can't get a line about reward in Temple. Anybody had same problem?

I had completed that quest when I patched to 2.0. After patching, the quest was still on my journal as completed, but Coran left my party citing having to hunt wyverns anyway.

I pegged that down to some sort of conflict with SCS, but guess not. Pretty sure there's a console command that can flag the quest as completed, though.

Thanks, then I will look out for c. command. Coran is not important, I took him just for that quest.

In that case, I wouldn't bother. Quest rewards in BG are almost always meaningless in the grand scheme.

I know, I always hit level cap during Durlag Tower crawling. It's just annoying to know that your quest reward is right there and you can't pick it.

DemonKing

Arcane
The NPC options are a bit limiting at the beginning - I'm using a high AC Viconia as my frontline tank because other than Minsc there are no other fighter types available early on.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Mages make the best tanks, anyway (Mirror Image, Stoneskin).

Excerpt from my walkthrough:

The biggest issue for Minsc is high AC (-2). Here is an example of how to make him a better tank, mostly using items carried over from the original campaign:

Base AC 10 (AC 10)
Gauntlets of Dexterity (+4) (AC 6)
Full Plate Armor (+9) (AC -3)
Pellan's Shield +2 aka Large Shield +2 (+3) (AC -6)
Helm of Balduran (+1) (AC -7)
The Guard's Ring +2 aka Ring of Protection +2 (+2) (AC -9)

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I found a bonus merchant in the game.

In the Elfsong Tavern, you come across some guy with the Spectacles of Spectacle. You can use these spectacles while equipped only 3 times to summon creatures when you see them in the game.

1. Monster in the Elfsong Tavern (Can't remember what it was, as I didn't use it on him)
2. Gauth near the petrified statues (Summoned and killed this one)
3. Ghost in the cave with the Bugbears (Summoned and killed this one)
4. Nazramu the djinni merchant in the Coalition Camp (Last creature I summoned)

Location of Nazramu

qeL1Hi2.jpg

Dialogue with Nazramu

vTYAazz.jpg

Items he sells. Quite a lot of good items!

j9K20kF.jpg

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ha, nice. I did kill that gauth, you get some magic item from it. The elemental and shadow give you nothing so I loaded a save before using item on them and ignored them :D
I am not playing ironman so I don't have a problem to find best uses for these spectacles :)

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Found another two with the Spectacles. No idea what they're carrying as my spectacles can't summon anymore.

Two fighting each other. World Map is Dead Man's Pass.

nuHc3a0.jpg

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
I used the charges on the first three on my first run, noticed those next 3 but couldn't bring them to this plane. Never noticed any more further on, but I might have unequipped the glasses at some point. I'll probably be seeing that fighting pair later tonight.

AMG

Arbiter
Dunno what happens if you use it on elemental, but if you use it on the girl, she will say in some terribly acted weird accent that she is from Sigil (references!!!) and thank you for saving. I think she gives you a ring with +10% resist to all elements that summons mephits once a day.

Unbeliever

Learned
Okay, this was maybe even intentional. I had problem to finish the quest with two Wyvern head I got after random encounter. Just to be sure, I reloaded old save and proceed to Wyvern cave, killed everything inside, grabed new head and went to temple again. Bingo, quest line is now there.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
I found a bonus merchant in the game.

In the Elfsong Tavern, you come across some guy with the Spectacles of Spectacle. You can use these spectacles while equipped only 3 times to summon creatures when you see them in the game.

1. Monster in the Elfsong Tavern (Can't remember what it was, as I didn't use it on him)
2. Gauth near the petrified statues (Summoned and killed this one)
3. Ghost in the cave with the Bugbears (Summoned and killed this one)
4. Nazramu the djinni merchant in the Coalition Camp (Last creature I summoned)

Location of Nazramu

qeL1Hi2.jpg

Dialogue with Nazramu

vTYAazz.jpg

Items he sells. Quite a lot of good items!

j9K20kF.jpg
A Bard gets unique dialogue with this guy. You can recite a shitty limerick about djinni which offends the merchant so he gives you cursed bracers, saying they're appropriate for someone like you.

Shammy

Learned
As for major bugs - i've lost one of potential companions even before recruiting.
Khalid somehow managed to die in magic explosion in Boareskyr Bridge. No body, no chance to revive, no dialog options, even Jaheira doesn't care.
Had the same issue but I was able to work around it using this console command: C:CreateCreature ("khalid7"). Note that you must spawn him outside on the ramparts, not inside the keep itself, otherwise it won't count. Also if you have a save previous to when he exploded, you can cast Negative Plane Protection on him and he should survive the blast. Hopefully that works.

Also for you spectacle-bearing fellas, there are 2 (or was it 3?) dudes you can use it on in the last area of the game. For some reason. No idea what they do as I used all mine before I got there, but I assume they help with the final fight.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Today we're pleased to bring you v2.1, which includes a number of fixes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. The full release notes are linked below, but here are the highlights:

- Difficulty options should now be preserved across saved games
- Using cloud saves should no longer cause game crashes in multiplayer
- Multiplayer in general should be more stable

We still have a few lingering issues to fix regarding multiplayer, as well as other areas of the game that need some more polish; those things will be addressed in one of our upcoming updates. In the meantime, enjoy this first batch of fixes!

Release Notes

Last edited:

Space Insect

Arcane
Today we're pleased to bring you v2.1, which includes a number of fixes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. The full release notes are linked below, but here are the highlights:

- Difficulty options should now be preserved across saved games
- Using cloud saves should no longer cause game crashes in multiplayer
- Multiplayer in general should be more stable

We still have a few lingering issues to fix regarding multiplayer, as well as other areas of the game that need some more polish; those things will be addressed in one of our upcoming updates. In the meantime, enjoy this first batch of fixes!

Release Notes
Where is the option to revert back to the old UI? :decline:

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Save games going into story mode were eye roll inducing. I'm nearing the end of the expansion that I can't be bothered if any save games do go into story mode. But at least now the difficulty won't change. I just want to finish it and put this dog to rest.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Finally had some time to sit down and finish this. Dear lord, WTF was that.

When did I take a left turn and end up at IWD? :lol:

Seriously, Belhifet? My party is such a low level compared to my IWD party and here I am going against him in his own domain.

Also, what was the crusade all about? I'm completely lost on that.

If they wanted to capture me for my blood to open a portal to let Belhifet out, why not hire those guys at the end of the game to capture me? Would have been a lot easier than organising a crusade down the Sword Coast.

ugh.

:negative:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
They were not only after you with the war business. She was raising and feeding an army via raiding. And her plan was to go in and free her Uncle, though she had her soldiers convinced they could get a bunch of people out of there, including their friends/relatives who had died in past Dragonspear wars. It was only her adviser (devil in disguise, think he used the Brother whatever model from IWD, the guy Belhi disguised himself as) that wanted to use the portal opening to get Belhi out. They came for you (with those failed assassins at the beginning) because her barely divine blood wasn't enough to open the portal, yours was needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom