Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
Odd. You'd think they'd be able to make it work with both since they made the engines identical... Money grab or oversight?
It is officially an expansion for Bg1EE, not BG2EE.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
eMrC6Ul.png

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
JS: Are you planning to create any new IPs, or are you more focused on building off of and enhancing existing IPs? And when should we expect to hear about the next Beamdog project?
PD: We'd like to continue working with Wizards of the Coast on Dungeons & Dragons titles. We love D&D and we love making D&D games. At the same time, however, we're also going to be developing our own projects and brands. For now I can't reveal anything, but going forward you'll see both great licensed and original IP projects from Beamdog.

Just stick with D&D, ffs. Make a 5e campaign with turn-based combat, isometric perspective and a toolset a la Aurora, or go home.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
JS: Are you planning to create any new IPs, or are you more focused on building off of and enhancing existing IPs? And when should we expect to hear about the next Beamdog project?
PD: We'd like to continue working with Wizards of the Coast on Dungeons & Dragons titles. We love D&D and we love making D&D games. At the same time, however, we're also going to be developing our own projects and brands. For now I can't reveal anything, but going forward you'll see both great licensed and original IP projects from Beamdog.

Just stick with D&D, ffs. Make a 5e campaign with turn-based combat, isometric perspective and a toolset a la Aurora, or go home.

> Developing a new Brand / IP
> Can't go into details yet...
> David Gaider Working as Creative Designer on Secret Project

:hmmm:

ArchAngel

Arcane

> Developing a new Brand / IP
> Can't go into details yet...
> David Gaider Working as Creative Designer on Secret Project

Two years later we find out it is a more action isometric RPG called Freedom

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do you update BG:EE? I was able to download BG:EE directly from their site (I guess because of me ordering the Collector's Edition) but don't see how to update to v2.0.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do you update BG:EE? I was able to download BG:EE directly from their site (I guess because of me ordering the Collector's Edition) but don't see how to update to v2.0.

Doesn't the Beamdog version have a launcher that auto-updates the game?

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Doesn't the Beamdog version have a launcher that auto-updates the game?
Yeah, I just found it. The BG:EE I had was just a stand alone download. Just installed their "client" and installing Siege right now. Supposedly this will update the BG:EE to v2.0 as well.

edit: Well it might be awhile as their wonderful "client" must be overloaded at the moment as it's not downloading anything...

Last edited:

Sothpaw

Learned
Yeah, I just found it. The BG:EE I had was just a stand alone download. Just installed their "client" and installing Siege right now. Supposedly this will update the BG:EE to v2.0 as well.

edit: Well it might be awhile as their wonderful "client" must be overloaded at the moment as it's not downloading anything...

Any luck downloading? Mine seems stuck, I guess due to release day traffic.

mindx2

Patron

Wow, this client of theirs is amazing... it states my download rate is around 50 b/s... yeah, that's bytes per second. :hahano:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Basically it's a bad idea not to use Steam. :M

Dude in chat told me BG:EE won't be on sale. We'll see though.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Wow, this client of theirs is amazing... it states my download rate is around 50 b/s... yeah, that's bytes per second. :hahano:
If I remember right that client has option to use torrent like tech to speed up download. Turn that on.

mindx2

Patron

If I remember right that client has option to use torrent like tech to speed up download. Turn that on.
I already did when I first installed it (you think I'm a 2013 or newer newb?!). Still downloading at a crawl.......

:troll:

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I should've got the BG:EE for 9,99€ or something like that. Now it has been 19,99€ for a while.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
All those action figures... jesus christ what a chaos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom