Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

agris

Arcane
Patron
BTW, refresh my memory here, but did SCS reduce XP gain, or was that another mod? Been ages since i played this shit.

You want Ding0's Experience Fixer, combined with Rogue Rebalancing's modified trap/lockpick EXP rewards, and (I think it's) SCS's reduced EXP rewards for scribing scrolls. I'm not positive that it's SCS that changes the XP curve for learning spells, it might be aTweaks or something else, but if you combine them all, you get a game that isn't shit out of wack.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Now i just noticed those "Enhanced" Editions broke a lot of the mods lel. Not that it matters since most of them seemed to be garbage, but i'm a bit worried that you now need a fix to even run stuff like SCS.

Just use BWS to install mods.

I don't think it factors in compatibility with EE 2.0 yet, though i suppose i could just pick and chose the one i know are compatible. I just tried it and wouldn't install BG1 NPC mod. Says mod isn't downloaded, even though the zip is in the app-download folder with the proper name.

Are any of the NPC banter mods worth it? Or any of the quest mods? I always skipped those, maybe i should keep skipping them.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, refresh my memory here, but did SCS reduce XP gain, or was that another mod? Been ages since i played this shit.

You want Ding0's Experience Fixer, combined with Rogue Rebalancing's modified trap/lockpick EXP rewards, and (I think it's) SCS's reduced EXP rewards for scribing scrolls. I'm not positive that it's SCS that changes the XP curve for learning spells, it might be aTweaks or something else, but if you combine them all, you get a game that isn't shit out of wack.

Doesn't seem to be compatible with EE. Fucking hell, i figured all the important shit would have been ported by now. I'm starting to regret this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, i checked some of the banter from the BG1 NPC mod. They made Kivan into a whiny faggot, the fuck is this shit. Not that the writing in BG is particularly great anyway, but leave it to the "fans" to fuck it up even more.

So basically i now just have to install that movie restoration mod, the unfinished business mod, the tweak mod and SCS, probably in that order.

Melcar

Arcane
Lmao, i checked some of the banter from the BG1 NPC mod. They made Kivan into a whiny faggot, the fuck is this shit. Not that the writing in BG is particularly great anyway, but leave it to the "fans" to fuck it up even more.

So basically i now just have to install that movie restoration mod, the unfinished business mod, the tweak mod and SCS, probably in that order.
You don't have to install the whole mod (if I remember correctly). It's worth at least checking it out if not only for the Xzar/Monty component. Sharteel (or whatever her name was) also gets a good uplift with the mod.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah, but it has romances, and turning Kivan, the Clint Eastwood of the game, into Carth Onasi is unforgivable.

Kivan was already like that. Banters example:

Oh deionarra I have to avenge her

Oh muh love where are theee

Oh I will have my revenge

Oh I hate you all bastards that killed Deionarra

If only my deionarra

etc etc

Edit: Aerie is annoying but at least she was in a cage, she lost a precious part of her body that made her a sky elf and was treated as a slave whole life. Maybe it's even more flawed if you think about her logically though: for some strange reason you can't restore these wings even if for (A)D&D, they should be possible to restore.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They made Kivan into a whiny faggot
is he not?

idk, I never trusted the guy and didn't like him in general. he was just loitering around that bridge waiting for me.
for some strange reason you can't restore these wings even if for (A)D&D, they should be possible to restore.
yeah p lame. but then you'd have to account for her flying around all the time and she'd end up even more annoying. I can just imagine the banters...
"I know you have to walk, but...can't I just fly ahead for a bit?"
"I don't like indoor places - I can't even spread my wings without hitting something."
Shut up or I'll cut them off again! :argh:

She's an annoying bitch and I read somewhere she'll cuck the player if Haerdelis is in the party.

Last edited by a moderator:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Kivan was already like that. Banters example:

Oh deionarra I have to avenge her

Oh muh love where are theee

Oh I will have my revenge

Oh I hate you all bastards that killed Deionarra

If only my deionarra

I don't know, he does sound p bad ass. He whines about his lost love a couple of times, but in general is a racist with a gravely voice and says he hope's Viconia rots in hell just for being a drow.

bg1NPC project does make him into a faggot (though more Haerdelis than Carth-type imo), so I agree with Lyric Suite now.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
He has always been one of my favored. It also helps that archers are particular brutal in BG1 (not the least because they help circumvent the atrocious path finding), and between him and Coran they sort of formed a sniping squad of death.

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
They made Kivan into a whiny faggot
is he not?

idk, I never trusted the guy and didn't like him in general. he was just loitering around that bridge waiting for me.

That's Coran.

And Kivan is cool. He does whine a bit about his dead waifu, but overall he's just a dick. Especially with Viconia around. One of the better NPCs in the stock game that I wished they had fleshed out a bit more. Shame that stat wise he gets overshadowed by the actually annoying faggot elf, Coran.
And the romances in the NPC mod are optional (DO NOT install them).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So far i came up with this:

BGEE Classic Movies.

Unfinished Business

BG1 NPC Project (sans romances).

Some NPC tweak thing to change NPCs classes and kits (making Khalid into fighter/mage, the mage Minsc comes with into a sorceress etc, ought to spice up things a bit from the standard fair).

EET Tweaks (setting XP at 50%, ought to be interesting).

SCS

All of them in that order. Hopefully i don't brake anything. Anything else i should consider?

I'll be back for BG2 later, after i'm done replaying this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho, i also noticed there's another patch coming. Moar mod breakage lel. Honestly they should just include SCS into the game, somebody ought to track the original modder (whom apparently is missing in action) and make a push for it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, in case anybody has problems with SCS (like i do), what you have to do is copy all the files from the Big World Fixpack after copying the files for all the mods but before installing them, making sure to ovverride the weidu.exe as well. Once patched, the SCS installation finished without an itch. By they didn't put the related fixes in the SCS package itself, is beyond me. Before all that you have to run a thing called Mod Merge, forgot i mentioned it already.

Ho, Big World Setup is totally broken. Won't unpack certain packages (even though unzipping them manually works totally fine), keeps telling me it can't find the zip for BG1 NPC Project (even though it's there), and doesn't say anything about which mods are compatible with EE 2.0 at all. To top it all off, they dropped support for original BGs. Lol, fucking hell.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yes, a version 2.5 is coming out. Beta is available in steam. They say they are adding things (great, more bugs probably)., but can't seem to find any information about what exactly, beyond extra translations.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Ho, Big World Setup is totally broken. Won't unpack certain packages (even though unzipping them manually works totally fine), keeps telling me it can't find the zip for BG1 NPC Project (even though it's there), and doesn't say anything about which mods are compatible with EE 2.0 at all. To top it all off, they dropped support for original BGs. Lol, fucking hell.

Did you use the newest version?

I did an install last year without a hitch, with the same mods you had + some more. Didn't have to do anything manually or think about orders, BWS did everything. Wouldn't be surprised if stuff broke in the meantime.

Shit, the one for IWD is out:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-25-patch.html

I'm guessing the BG patch is imminent as well.

It's been "imminent" for several months now, I'm waiting for it to install+mod updaes, figure it'll be another half year before that happens.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yes, i'm just doing BG:EE and BG2:EE later on their own. Isn't the EET still in beta? I'm weary of that shit. I also never cared about turning BG1 and BG2 into one game. Never saw the point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom