Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
BG1NPC is good? Fucking Monteron cost me 4 repetitions provoking the drunkard and his friend at the inn in Beregost also some of the dialogue between Imeon and the PC is kinda kinda teenage oriented[?]. My last nitpick about it is I think it adds the soundset of Imeon from BG2 to the Imeon of BG1 or something.

Not all NPCs are equally good. Some got a more thorough treatment than others.
For extra content I like Kivan, Monty and Xzar. Monty is a real trouble maker, though.
Imoen is annoying, so I tend to ditch her the first chance I get, unless I play some goody twoshoes CHARNAME and use the "canon" party.

Xeon

Augur
Man, Just noticed google dictionary picked the wrong word, meant reputations.

Thanks octavius, Just finished reinstalling BG1 and BG2 and about to download the mods. Will try and roleplay evil and will try and stick with Monty and Xzar at least for a while.

14) SCS
I think I'll install some of the components like send npcs to inns and better AIs and such, Will probably skip the tactical changes. Still a casual at heart.

19) Item Randomiser
This sound as if it places random items in the world similar to IWD (I think, Which sucks IMO) so might skip. Also I thought you (Grunker) said in the PE thread that you liked hand placed items or something.

20) LadeJarl's Tutu GUI
I love the BG2 UI so will skip this.

21) Widescreen mod
Got used to the small screen with IWD so might also skip this. Can always install it later if I want to.

Edit:
19) Item Randomiser
Sorry, I am not sure if it was IWD or ToEE that had them but either way it sucked.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Fucking Monteron cost me 4 repetitions provoking the drunkard and his friend at the inn in Beregost"

WUT?

" also some of the dialogue between Imeon and the PC is kinda kinda teenage oriented[?]."

Consideirng Imoen is a teen this should be teenage oriented.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So.. it makes Montaron act like the evil, mean scumbag that he is. Good to know.

Xeon

Augur
IIRC I didn't lose any reputation killing the drunk farmer, I lost 4 when I killed his friend. Also again IIRC in vanilla you can kill the drunk, His friend simply calls you something without getting aggro.

Download is pretty slow, Servers might be busy or something, Anyway I only installed allow dialogue on charmed npcs from ToBEx. and all fixes of BG2 Fixpack. Skipped BWP Fixpack. Will most likely skip Level 1 NPCs, That's for powergaming purposes I think. Also if the listed mods are sorted based on load order then Thank you very much.

One last question and I'll stop posting, Is it possible to play and finish the game Solo? Or does it get really frustrating? Thank you in advance.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man, Just noticed google dictionary picked the wrong word, meant reputations.

Thanks octavius, Just finished reinstalling BG1 and BG2 and about to download the mods. Will try and roleplay evil and will try and stick with Monty and Xzar at least for a while.

14) SCS
I think I'll install some of the components like send npcs to inns and better AIs and such, Will probably skip the tactical changes. Still a casual at heart.

19) Item Randomiser
This sound as if it places random items in the world similar to IWD (I think, Which sucks IMO) so might skip. Also I thought you (Grunker) said in the PE thread that you liked hand placed items or something.

20) LadeJarl's Tutu GUI
I love the BG2 UI so will skip this.

21) Widescreen mod
Got used to the small screen with IWD so might also skip this. Can always install it later if I want to.

Edit:
19) Item Randomiser
Sorry, I am not sure if it was IWD or ToEE that had them but either way it sucked.

My list is only for a run of Baldur's Gate 1. I use another list for Baldur's Gate 2.

14) SCS is recommended only if you're a veteran at IE combat. Avoid otherwise.

19) I use this since otherwise my game amounts to me running straight to the easy-to-pick-up powerful items. If you don't know the locations by heart, there is no need for this.

20) I use it to give my game the BG1 feel. It's quite well-made.

21) I find that the IE still looks and plays well at 1280x768 or 1366x768. Avoid higher resolutions.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
So after I finish BG1 I have to re-install BG2 and import? I really wanted to experience the transition from BG1 to BG2.

I said:
IIRC I didn't lose any reputation killing the drunk farmer, I lost 4 when I killed his friend.
I was wrong, You lose 2 reputations for each one.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So after I finish BG1 I have to re-install BG2 and import? I really wanted to experience the transition from BG1 to BG2.

With my list, yes? Like I said, I like to keep the chance of issues minimal and the list of mod short and managable. The transition is just Belt telling you "something's up in Amn" followed by a short cutscene where your party is unsconscious and Linvail take you.

You can still see it with that install, and then after you've seen it, re-install with a BG2 list.

Again, that's only if you want to do it like me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://gibberlings3.net/

Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack v14 Available for Download

The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 14 is a collection of bug fixes, some compatibility updates for BG:EE and BGII:EE, and some new, EE-exclusive components. You can get it from the downloads page, browse the Readme or project page, or join us on the forum.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
jesus christ

did several different installations varying in the amount of mods used, and still I get assertion failed in chvidimage3d.cpp in line 899 when entering the hospital house in Candlekeep

what the fuck

can any of you guys provide me with a nice working big world selection ini?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
jesus christ

did several different installations varying in the amount of mods used, and still I get assertion failed in chvidimage3d.cpp in line 899 when entering the hospital house in Candlekeep

what the fuck

can any of you guys provide me with a nice working big world selection ini?

Why not go to Gib3 or something with this technical stuff? Never found a problem that didn't get solved by one of the main communities, when it comes to da modz.

SO, I want to play BG2 (not BG1) for the first time. I just want to play with the g3 fixpack, ascension and widescreen mod.

What should be the install order, and if there are any compatibility issues and how to workaround them? with the latest versions.

Working with the gog version.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You should install the tweakpack, and SCS2 has some non-tactics tweaks, I use these:

-Ease-of-Use party AI (recommended, removes alot of tedious micro-management)
-Stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour
-Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring
-Remove the blur effect from the Displacer Cloak

Install order:

Official patch
Ascension
Fixpack
SCS2 (just the tweaks)
Tweakpack
D0Tweak (I use this for a few specifics)
Widescreen (order doesn't matter)

You should install the tweakpack, and SCS2 has some non-tactics tweaks, I use these:

-Ease-of-Use party AI (recommended, removes alot of tedious micro-management)
-Stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour
-Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring
-Remove the blur effect from the Displacer Cloak

Install order:

Official patch
Ascension
Fixpack
SCS2 (just the tweaks)
Tweakpack
D0Tweak (I use this for a few specifics)
Widescreen (order doesn't matter)

Thanks. Not too far in Bg2 (a few hours) so even if i need a restart, wont matter much.

Melcar

Arcane
Just keep things simple. Ascension -> Fixpack -> Tweakpack -> 1pp (optional but a great gfx mod) -> Widescreen

I used to install several mods but I found that it was pointless most of the time.

I did what Liura suggested, ad widescreen mod is giving me neon psychedelic colours and stuttering, so i am playing it at 800x600. GFX configured to maintain aspect ratio... and its giving me a retro feel (well retro for me)

Explorerbc

Arcane
Hey guys, I've been reading a few pages of this thread and there seem to be many mods around. I don't know if that makes sense , but I try to play games closer to their original form so I usually avoid to install any mods that add content or change the mechanics of a game, even if that change is for the better . Which means most of the times I only install bug fixes , resolution patches etc.

I wasn't very familiar with the series when it first came out, so I wanted to ask , to what degree is un-modded BG1 playable and enjoyable, and what are the essential mods that I need in order to have a clean and stable playthrough . I am looking only for the basics, no extra NPCs, quests items etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom