Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate 1 questions

Perkel

Arcane
Btw has anybody here tried to play it solo? It's probably not even possible.

Farming those green Angst shits will get you quickly to v high level.

and if you play Trilogy or BG1EE and you take kits like warewolf then it will be soon straight up broken.
figter mage thief also is godly.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Easiest way to start out solo, if you're finding it too difficult, is to buy a potion/scroll that makes you immune to petrification and go kill the basilisks. That will get you to level 5ish in a few minutes, with 0 risk of dying.

Ivan

Arcane
Starting BG soon. Just finished Pillars, which class would offer the must entertainment? I was thinking of Necromancer, but read it was pretty gay.

pippin

Starting BG soon. Just finished Pillars, which class would offer the must entertainment? I was thinking of Necromancer, but read it was pretty gay.
You don't get to do true necrophilia, for example.

Necromancers aren't really special in BG games, but that can be true for any other mage subclass. You're OK with Edwin or even Dynaheir. Also the spell limitations can be a negative if you're planning to import your character to bg2. However the extra spells + rings of wizardry and all that stuff can be life saving in 1.

Athelas

Arcane
Never was a fan of spell school specializations, having all the spells to pick from always seems more fun to me.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Wild make is sorta broken but also really fun. I wouldn't recommend him for BG 1 though. Some negative effects of wild magic like vanishing gold may really fuck you up.

Gentle Player

Arcane
Conjurers are the best as they only lose out on Divination, of which Identify is the only important spell and it can easily be handled by others. Single-classed mages are a waste though. I like to dual at Fighter 9, which means staying as a Fighter throughout BG1 and switching at the start of BG2. But if one wants to play a Fighter/Mage in BG1 then dual-classing at 7 is possible, or just playing a multi-class.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Multiclass Fighter/Mage is pretty fun, been doing that in my last BG1 Run and i plan to use him for BG2 too. Dualing always felt so limiting over a pretty big part of the game.

kmonster

Augur
Necromancer is ok in Baldur's Gate. It will be more difficult to survive without the mirror image spell most mage opponents use but you can cast something offensive instead for more fun and challenge.

Theldaran

Liturgist
When I took Xzar with me last playthrough, and I was playing a Fighter later to be dualled over in BG2, I lamented not having Invisibility. I was able to reduce the Iron Throne goons at the tower's last floor to rubble, coming back from Candlekeep, but invisibility is mandatory for me to not go mad at Baldur's Gate maze, at that stage I just want to see Sarevok lying in a puddle of his own blood.

Also invisibility comes in handy for stealing the ankheg's nest treasure without having to do pest control. Particularly a Chainmail +1 neat for Viconia. I managed giving APM to her and keeping Targosz's FPM for me, accompanied by a Ring of Protection.

Enviado desde mi Edison 3 mediante Tapatalk

Theldaran

Liturgist
Depends on your level and tank AC, but you can get said treasure very early on, and it includes a mighty Wand of Fire, a true killing machine.

Enviado desde mi Edison 3 mediante Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom