Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I did it before reinforcements arrived to the map. When allies came battle was almost over.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I did it before reinforcements arrived to the map. When allies came battle was almost over.
Which map are you talking about? I'm talking about the part where you talk to that guy (I'm horrible with the names here) before he charges everyone. You arrive on the map, and I think he automatically talks to you then forwards all his troops. Actually, I don't know if it forces talk with him as soon as you arrive. I never went back and checked.

Anyways, if you lag behind, they'll get slaughtered fast by the mages and clerics. I've tried to lag behind and buff everyone, but by the time you enter the map, you are crazily outnumbered and they're too scattered to really get a good web out to halt all that spellcasting, sanctuary, and healing (I only play with one mage too).

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Fucking priests in this game actually cast Sanctuary all the time and then proceed to fully heal themselves while you cannot do much to stop them :D
It was irritating but that is how it should be :D

At least according to the description, Invisibility Purge should dispel Sanctuary. Never tried it though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fucking priests in this game actually cast Sanctuary all the time and then proceed to fully heal themselves while you cannot do much to stop them :D
It was irritating but that is how it should be :D

At least according to the description, Invisibility Purge should dispel Sanctuary. Never tried it though.
I was dispelling their life with fireball wands instead :D

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are -67% on GoG. Unfortunate that SoD is -20% (-40% for Deluxe).

Still, the Codexers who haven't snapped it up yet probably should do so (though I understand many of you are poor, even homeless.)

SoD is cheaper now. Maybe still not cheap enough for homeless cretins, but the ones who live in their mother's basement may be able to afford it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Notice that you can get it for $9 instead of $10 if you buy the Baldur's Gate Complete Saga bundle and already own BG1 & BG2.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not about being poor or cheap, it's about whether you are willing to give any money to Beamdog for SoD. Gaming is an extremely cheap hobby, if you don't count the initial PC components and even then it won't break the majority of people's bank account, for First Worlders, made even cheaper by the very frequent sales and discounts by various online platforms. That's why AAA companies continue to exist, people are willing to, and do, give them money, even if AAAs fuck them constantly. What customers have the power to do is vote with their wallet, which they've done with the whole SoD debacle (and T:ToN). The problem is communicating why exactly they are voting like that, instead of publishers (looking at you, Paradox) making wild, unsubstantiated assumptions for the death of any specific genre.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Lilura, I don't understand your advocacy for SoD, you are currently writing a BG2 walkthrough using the original version and you've said that the original version of IWD is better, if only because of balancing issues that can be avoided. I also distinctly remember you saying you were burned out from SoD before finishing your walkthrough because of something terrible (the writing?), soooo?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Yeah, and thanks to laying off my walkthrough for 2 months I lost an estimated 80,000 hits to my blog.

Is it really ardent advocacy to link to discounts for poor/cheap people? Am I a Beamdog bot? Or am I just mucking around? You be the judge!

Krivol

Magister
I don't consider myself as a cheap person, but I am not gonna pay for SoD more than $3-5 . After Dorn and Neera bullshit writing I just don't believe their version of what happend between BG1 and BG2 may be good. And won't pay 10 bucks because fights are done in a good way - it's fucking RTwP IE game, when I want good fights I play Battle Brothers or X-COM. IE games should give me a vibe of being part of a DnD adventure so writing is quite important (even if BG1 has plenty of shitty dialogues).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom