Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just because you didn't notice any game breaking bugs doesn't mean bugs are not there. Players like myself who have played the original IE games many times will notice bugs and things not working as intended compared to the originals when playing the EE versions.

Admittedly, I've only played BG1EE (and SoD) and that was enough to put me off buying the rest of the EE games.
BG1EE was buggy at release but with latest patches I think they removed any bigger ones.

What you might be talking about are changes to UI and some other changes, but those are not bugs.

Deleted Member 16721

I played through BG:EE and IWD:EE and both were very solid experiences. However, the multiplayer on Android is really bad for both games. Constant disconnects and dropping from the game. It has something to do with version numbers being different on different devices, and apparently when Siege of Dragonspear gets released on Android, everything will be updated to the same version and should work then, for BG:EE at least. Hopefully.

Nice to see the Collector's Edition but what is the fascination with cloth maps? I love maps, don't get me wrong, but I would probably want a nice parchment map on high quality paper that I can easily frame. I'm sure you could frame a cloth map but eh. Maybe some RPG dev really breaks the bank soon and offers framed maps that you can hang on your wall, already made and with a nice, RPG-esque frame. That is something I think lots of people would jump on. :)

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What you might be talking about are changes to UI and some other changes, but those are not bugs.

I'm not talking about changes like the UI. I'm talking about bugs that are in the EE that weren't in the original game.

Had no problems either. Can't even remember if I got any bugs at all actually.

I recall playing the original BG when released and had no problems either. Does that mean there weren't any bugs in the game?

Telengard

Arcane
I recall playing the original BG when released and had no problems either. Does that mean there weren't any bugs in the game?
According to your average gamer, yes indeedy: if you don't see something, then it doesn't exist.

Which is why this trick always fools them: *covers face* Oh noes, I've disappeared. *uncovers face* Peek-a-boo!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not saying they don't exist, but some of you make it out that the game is almost unplayable. I played the BG1 - Dragonspear - BG2+Expansion with the same character and I didn't get any bugs. Find that pretty impressive.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm not saying they don't exist, but some of you make it out that the game is almost unplayable. I played the BG1 - Dragonspear - BG2+Expansion with the same character and I didn't get any bugs. Find that pretty impressive.
This.
I remember running into bugs a lot when BG1EE originally released, later very little or none. I spent hundreds of hours playing Bg1EE and less playing BG2EE (which was also buggy before they patched it a few times but I only ran into bugs with new content they added). So while there might still be some bugs, I doubt they are of any importance and you people are just shooting blanks at EE games for the fun of it.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Btw I just revisited the official IWD EE forums, since I had to drop my playthrough some time ago due to a serious bug in the Seer dialogue.

What was the bug?
There are additional stat-check lines when speaking to the Seer, that give a lot of bonus exp when unlocked. They failed to appear despite three of my characters meeting the requirements. Obviously they "forgot" to update the triggers for all the new classes, kits and so on. I also remember the line for educating a Kuldahar villager about Ilmater not triggering for one of the new cleric kits, so it's not an isolated incident.

I played the BG1 - Dragonspear - BG2+Expansion with the same character and I didn't get any bugs. Find that pretty impressive.
Yes, it's "pretty impressive" to re-release old, perfectly working games in a completely broken state and then take a few years to update them to a point where they mostly have bugs that people who don't know the games well might not notice (and those bugs still weren't there originally). Feeling a little plant-worthy today?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I played the BG1 - Dragonspear - BG2+Expansion with the same character and I didn't get any bugs. Find that pretty impressive.
Yes, it's "pretty impressive" to re-release old, perfectly working games in a completely broken state and then take a few years to update them to a point where they mostly have bugs that people who don't know the games well might not notice (and those bugs still weren't there originally). Feeling a little plant-worthy today?
Care to share with us some of these terrible bugs that still exist in current version of the game or do you prefer just talking out of your ass?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Plant, come on :roll:

Just saying how my experience was. I didn't play the game when they were re-released, I waited for the Dragonspear expansion to replay the complete series. So there could have been some nasty bugs in the release version. I wouldn't know though since I didn't play it at that time. My experience like I said was pretty good. Didn't enjoy Dragonspear as much though, but that had nothing to do with bugs.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/02/collectors-edition-update-8.html

Collector's Edition Update 8

Hundreds of these are now at sea.

Siege of Dragonspear Collector’s Editions continue to find homes with happy fans all over the world. With each update, we’ve heard from excited EU and UK fans asking for arrival dates and we finally have more information to share.

A ship loaded with Siege of Dragonspear Collector’s Editions set sail from California on Feb 2nd. We anticipate it will not have to travel through a sunken sahuagin city, the Underdark, and the Drow outpost of Ust Natha. Instead, this cargo ship has an estimated London arrival date of Feb 28 and the SoD:CE’s will be delivered to our distributor shortly after. Around this time, all European and UK customers will be contacted through the email addresses provided at time of pre-order.

If your email address has changed since pre-ordering, please contact our support team at Support@Beamdog.com and we’ll be happy to help you out.

In case you haven't already heard, we're going to give all of SoD:CE buyers a free copy of our next game. You'll hear more about this after we announce it. As an extra thank-you we’ll also be releasing a special forum badge only available to those who endured the long wait. Soon, all you very patient people will have a brand new badge symbolizing strength, patience, and endurance to grace your forum profiles. Watch out for the Bound Hands of Ilmater badge in the weeks ahead!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
:lol:

bg__siege_of_dragonspear_by_artastrophe-d9x8ecl.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
BG1 portraits are overpainted photos, all they need to recreate this style is some free photos of friends and relatives and cheap artist from deviantart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom