Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A horse of course

Whatever happened to that project to port the BG games to the IWD2 IE version? I remember screens from that years ago.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Whatever happened to that project to port the BG games to the IWD2 IE version? I remember screens from that years ago.

There are a number of functions that exist in BG and BGII that don't exist in the IWDII engine. So they really could not continue.

Unless someone did a wrapper app (similar to SFall for Fallout/Fallout 2) that could add those functions back.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
The only copy of Baldur's Gate EE I have is on the iPad, so playing this expansion while streaming uncongealed liquid shit in a public toilet seems super fitting.

Dragonspear trademark is dead. Abandoned on 8 August.
oii13s.jpg

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=8...TION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch

pippin

Dragonspear is still a fucking uninspired name for anything fantasy related so I don't think it matters. It certain doesn't matter to Beamdog.

I wonder how this game will be remembered in 10 years from now on.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Codex will still bitch about it and the gaming public at large will have forgotten it (if they ever knew about it).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" BG series were already easier than most SSI AD&D games."

Buyllshitz. The SSI games were easy. I should know. I beat them when I wa sjust a kiddey. How ahrd can they really be if a retartet kid like m3e4 could beat them? LMAO

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This post showed up on Feedly, but they seem to have deleted it:

Collector's Edition Update 2
The Beamblog by Phillip Daigle

First off, we're sorry. We have been very quiet on the topic of the Collector's Edition as of late, and that's not fair to our customers who have been eagerly waiting for news.

We've been going back and forth with the production company that is building the Siege of Dragonspear Collector's Edition, and this process has been extraordinarily long and involved. There have been delays in getting us prototypes of certain items from overseas, and when we did receive them we weren't satisfied with the quality and requested improvements.

At present we're awaiting the arrival of our final prototype from the production company. If they look good, we can enter full production and we'll have an official ship date to our customers sorted out. If we're satisfied with the prototype we'll also immediately post some photos of the finished product so everyone can see what it looks like.

Again, we apologize for the delay. We don't want to send you a sub-standard product, so we're taking the time to get everything right. If you have any other questions about your order, we're happy to help you out through support@beamdog.com.

Poor Beamdog, they just can't catch a break!

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm glad that they've been able to give us some updates regarding that. I remember after a couple of months after the release of the expansion I talked to them about requesting a refund (since I thought they might have sent mine to the wrong address or something because of how long I'd been waiting), but then they explained the situation and I was fine with it. Hopefully it'll arrive this year.

DemonKing

Arcane
I started playing this again after getting distracted by DS3 and other releases.

It's not completely terrible but there's an awful lot of filler combat on some wilderness maps where the same encounters are repeated verbatim on different maps.

The NPC selection is terrible in that there are virtually no tank-fighters available for the early part of the game (I'm using Viconia simply because her high dexterity can give her a low AC) and when they do become available they're linked to other NPCs (Khalid, Minsc etc).

There's tons of new interesting magic items but they're so restricted in use you'll probably never get to use them as none of the NPCs in the game meet their requirements (I found a great bard item that doesn't work for the bard NPC you pick up for example, and another item only useable by a cleric of Helm which means it's probably useless unless you miraculously pursued that path with your PC).

It's kind of neat to get an expansion to a classic game 18 years after the fact but in the end it's a novelty more than anything else.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
There's tons of new interesting magic items but they're so restricted in use you'll probably never get to use them as none of the NPCs in the game meet their requirements (I found a great bard item that doesn't work for the bard NPC you pick up for example, and another item only useable by a cleric of Helm which means it's probably useless unless you miraculously pursued that path with your PC).
I actually kind of like that. Not just the possibly OP items but the fact they're hard to come by/use. I'm surprised they went that route instead of just letting everyone sample all the good parts in one run like awesome button designers do today.
I may need to get back to playing it after I get tired of Chaos Reborn

DemonKing

Arcane
I actually kind of like that. Not just the possibly OP items but the fact they're hard to come by/use. I'm surprised they went that route instead of just letting everyone sample all the good parts in one run like awesome button designers do today.

I don't mind items being restricted to certain classes or alignments but when you get an item that can only be used by a "Good, female, dwarf cleric of Helm with a charisma and wisdom of 15 or more" it's just going a bit too far in the opposite direction IMO which isn't helped by the fact you can't control the race/alignment/stats/class of your NPC party members, which renders more items useless than not.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For real this time: http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/09/collectors-edition-update-2.html

Collector's Edition Update 2

Current Status of the Collector's Edition

First off, we're sorry. We have been very quiet on the topic of the Collector's Edition as of late, and that's not fair to our customers who have been eagerly waiting for news.

We've been going back and forth with the production company that is building the Siege of Dragonspear Collector's Edition, and this process has been extraordinarily long and involved. There have been delays in getting us prototypes of certain items from overseas, and when we did receive them we weren't satisfied with the quality and requested improvements. This has been a learning process for us, and we want our first boxed product to set a high standard of quality.

Here's where we're at with the components:

• 4YvmJ3OM7L_MQJHpkfJqOMdM_tl2K5O2dz6K7PLqCX2TlKk1pVq0Uo4Ny6Bopw_j5TkGGto_4RfV-sI19F32C5nlh041Lh-fnm8Y1UULQ8hStxN7_R0T5IL9xNuoU95cGhmcNZNQAzJ6kDp-u84CDsFr_yzJm5VbL496YqArZU1Gt6e7ZBiKN8BgSJty1viW9ozzG2A=s0-d-e1-ft
    Outer Box
    : Ready!
  • 4YvmJ3OM7L_MQJHpkfJqOMdM_tl2K5O2dz6K7PLqCX2TlKk1pVq0Uo4Ny6Bopw_j5TkGGto_4RfV-sI19F32C5nlh041Lh-fnm8Y1UULQ8hStxN7_R0T5IL9xNuoU95cGhmcNZNQAzJ6kDp-u84CDsFr_yzJm5VbL496YqArZU1Gt6e7ZBiKN8BgSJty1viW9ozzG2A=s0-d-e1-ft
    Coin
    Adventurer's Guide
    Game Case
    Game Disc
    Medallion
    Dice Bag
    Quick Start Guide:
    Ready!
    Thank You Card:
    Ready!
  • wEV3RQXABvX0bBM3gs87vMLcMW1mkwvu_aG5eNphJArxRQ9BijT-34zrsWF0O6N7r4MzVLqJT29qMT_TG92wGHUCxyTsk_yaoyIvSwDE3v6djciYdtJ-qKRjiUDgjrGEqq77O-9oTAqaulXNAYR4iyP1QeFifojoBkbdAftnAjpr_nHb9t86tO7483nOatTtRx7hs-o8EH0=s0-d-e1-ft
    Field Report Booklet: Awaiting Final Prototype
  • wEV3RQXABvX0bBM3gs87vMLcMW1mkwvu_aG5eNphJArxRQ9BijT-34zrsWF0O6N7r4MzVLqJT29qMT_TG92wGHUCxyTsk_yaoyIvSwDE3v6djciYdtJ-qKRjiUDgjrGEqq77O-9oTAqaulXNAYR4iyP1QeFifojoBkbdAftnAjpr_nHb9t86tO7483nOatTtRx7hs-o8EH0=s0-d-e1-ft
    Dice: Awaiting Final Prototype
    Cloth Map: Awaiting Final Prototype

Our production company wasn't able to deliver on the dice concept that we wanted, so we've switched to a new dice producer that will give us what we're looking for at a high level of quality. For the other components that aren't yet done there were some final adjustments that we requested and we are awaiting the arrival of the final prototypes. Once we have all of our final components we can give an official ship date to customers, and we assume this will happen in the coming weeks.

Again, we apologize for the delay. We don't want to send you a sub-standard product, so we're taking the time to get everything right. If you have any other questions about your order, we're happy to help you out through support@beamdog.com.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
iOS and Android versions are still a long way off, it seems..

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Why the fuck does the Collector's edition look 2x better than PoE Ce. That medallion (case?) looks great

Theldaran

Liturgist
but when you get an item that can only be used by a "Good, female, dwarf cleric of Helm with a charisma and wisdom of 15 or more"

Are there even items for male characters, or are they considered sexist? Or are there only items for Mary Sues? :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
I put on pause half way through (I am in some caves with a ghost Dragon). Main reason why, is that there is too much content per map, it is very unBG1 like.

It all feels very artificial with often unconnected things being two screen away from each other.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I put on pause half way through (I am in some caves with a ghost Dragon). Main reason why, is that there is too much content per map, it is very unBG1 like.

It all feels very artificial with often unconnected things being two screen away from each other.

19536.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom