Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Axis&Allies Codex MP

Castozor

Scholar
Hello there lads and galls, during a recent venture into the shoutbox I came upon Kalin who expressed interest in playing an online board game. I ventured we try Axis&Allies and here we are. Wiki and download link are here:
http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki
Starting positions: http://triplea.sourceforge.net/newScreens/TripleA_pact_of_steel2.png
A&A is a turn based game were each country has certain phases during heir turn. You spend your money for new troops, decide were to attack, make non aggressive movements and deploy your previously bought reinforcements. Victory comes when either the Axis or the Allies have capped a certain number of capitals during their (country) turn.

For those who wish to play the Axis there are Japan, Germany and Italy to choose from, for the Allies we have the Commonwealth, USA and the Soviet Union. Now since I don't know how many people are interested in this who will get what and whether or not we will use the AI for some nations is up to debate.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I won't have time for at least a week, but I'm definitely interested! Dayyālu mentioned he'd like to play this as well.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Reporting for duty, up for playing any side! :salute:

Of course, I haven't actually played since the 90s (and back then I sucked) so don't expect any competence or anything. Think Baby Doc style leadership at best.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Always wanted to try one. Maybe I can get a RL friend to play, even. He's only a Christian Democrat so he can play everything.

I have a RL friend that is up for it, even, so we are already 5. Just one more!

The Internets said:
Russia can be incredibly unfun to play as, with such a bad economy and such a wide stretch of land to cover as Germany pushes east. And yet the Allies team often lives and dies by Russia, the anvil to the United States' hammer.

Unfun and depressing. And I barely know the rules.

GREAT I'M UP FOR IT. DIBS ON THE GLORIOUS UNION OF THE SOVIET PEOPLES.

main_900.jpg

Phew Phew Phew

Edit: I can play anything else, ofc, if we go for random rolls.

Last edited:

Castozor

Scholar
I haven't decided yet, figuring we'd get a group consensus once we have everyone. I personally wouldn't mind.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Pbem would be best, it's hard to be online at the same time. It's also obviously prestigious.

Dayyālu

Arcane
If KoolNoodles is in, I suggest to start as soon as possible. I will force my RL friend to make an account or something and we can roll/assign the nations.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah I am if it's going to be pbem so I can take my time. :) Also have to re-read the rules, used to play A&A a fair amount as a youngin.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So we are:

KoolNoodles
Castozor
Dayyalu
Kalin
Sqeecoo
A pal of mine, he goes for the moniker of Nikephoros if he manages to register!

We go for picks or for random rolls? I'm good for both, as it's in nature a 3vs3 game.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I wouldn't mind picks, would be great to play the United Kingdom and make a good mess of it all.

But if you guys want random rolls that's cool too, every faction seems like fun.

Castozor

Scholar
I personally don't mind which faction I'd be playing as. I'm likely to play badly as any faction and if any of you has a preference I would like you to play as the faction you like.

Nikephoro

Barely Literate
Hi all! As Dayyalu said I'm interested in Axis & Allies. To be honest I never played it before, but will read the rules asap.

sqeecoo

Arcane
So in case it's not clear, I'd prefer to play Germany or Italy.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ok.

As usual :roll:

I'll start the PBEM, and assign the nations following preferences and then randomly.

Allies

Soviet Union: Dayyālu
United Kingdom: Kalin
United States: Castozor

Axis

Germany: Nikephoro
Japan: KoolNoodles
Italy: sqeecoo

Sqeecoo chooses between Germany and Italy: 1-5 Italy, 6-10 Germany. Random roll is 3, Italy.

GcI9uT4.jpg

Other players choose randomly:

Nikephoro
Castozor
KoolNoodles

ojntKDU.jpg

Up to Sqeecoo to start the game. You must all register with a mail to the dice rolling server, as far as I understand, and specify OOL in the case of multinational forces.

http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=256

This guide should work. I hope. I suggest to use the baseline Pact of Steel module. If someone wants to switch nations, now or never.

FuuMCf3.jpg

Get to work, you fucks! And why France is even THERE?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
France is there to model the resistance? And theoretically if they had good commanders.....ah well, thanks man!

Time to Pearl Harbor my own country(but catch the carriers this time) and not build wasteful super battleships!

Dayyālu

Arcane
France is there to model the resistance? And theoretically if they had good commanders.....ah well, thanks man!

Time to Pearl Harbor my own country(but catch the carriers this time) and not build wasteful super battleships!

I suggest for both groups to organize a Skype or Steam chat, even if it's obvious. KN, I can give you Nikephoro's handle on Steam or we can organize a PM exchange (I don't remember if newfags have PMs). Plus yer a vet, you'll be gentle.

Kalin, Castozor , I fear we'll need a Skype or Discord group as Kalin is an accursed luddite. Hit me on PM!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Steam chat sounds fine to me, though the time difference might be problematic I assume. PM through here can work as a backup. Pretty sure newbies can do that.

He's playing Germany though, just don't do anything too dumb and he'll be fine. Italy and Japan can bail him out. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom