Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

GrainWetski

Arcane
We're not trying to censor the industry, we're just trying to censor the industry!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I prefer more tongue-in-cheek games like Postal 2, but forbidding people to discuss a game is just silly. Especially when the same people probably clock more than 500 hours in Call of Duty and Battlefield...

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Killing people(in videogames) is always fun. I prefer games that do not fuck around the bush. They could tone down the edginess a bit though. Instead of an angsty edgelord monologue, better have an "average joe" silent character and let the player decide on his motives/ideology for mayhem.

Tehdagah

Arcane
f8f396b42f.jpg

Sick-Laugh-GIF.gif
"Criminal Girls"

Beware the horror:

criminal_girls.jpg

Edit: Oh, it seems that the game does have BDSM mini-games.

Guess it's ok when Anna Anthropy does it.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Too bad there's no Kickstarter so we can get a Codex Troll mask for the protagonist.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
This would be more artsy and philosophical than every indie game ever.
So much butthurt: https://www.change.org/p/destructiv...plug-on-the-hatred-game-project-and-apologize. This is the best advertisement they could get, it confirms their opinions on political correctness and censorship in game industry. I think that they are example of people that are tired by SJW bullshit and want right to make just any game they imagined (even if game will be shitty and in consequence they'll bankrupt and become hobos) without somebody trying to stop them by using law and drama.
Haha, for a moment I thought that petition was serious and was disgusted and then I realised that guy must be an internet troll, because no one can be so stupid, right :lol: ?
Also, now that I know about internet trolls, I realise that such a game is a great occasion for them to troll, because it's sure that making such a petition will enrage a lot of people.
Poe's law in action. Never underestimate SJW's idiocy BTW. Even if petition is trolling, people who signed it are serious (probably).
Meanwhile, Chmielarz (Painkiller and Bulletstorm) commented that he is disgusted and embarrassed by Hatred. Potato game jornoualist wrote article about Chmielarz and Epic Games being hypocrites. Funny how potatoland is still in era of "games cause violence", while rest of internets are trying hard to find signs misogony and racism (everyone want to be offended somehow lol).

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Criminal Girls"

Beware the horror:

criminal_girls.jpg

Edit: Oh, it seems that the game does have BDSM mini-games.

Guess it's ok when Anna Anthropy does it.
But spanking underage girls is sooo 1950.
Oh wait, it isn't. :what:
If I was a pedophile I would become a teacher in one of those states.

ps: The odd thing is though that nobody has the slightest problem when she puts on her school girl uniform for her partner and they roleplay that stuff. So there he obviously fantasizes about underage girls and gets horny that way and it's okay because she only plays such a girl but when it's cartoon characters it isn't...
:hmmm:
Mankind, you're :retarded:
Hate speech converted into a game.

This game is disgusting, it's like letting the KKK make a feature film and put it in theaters.

I don't think I've ever been more disgusted in my life. Pointless violence, entitlement, racism, misogyny, I simply cannot imagine a single way in which this game could be constructive. Video games are a relatively new medium, and are struggling to be taken seriously in the world of art. It is because of games like this. Not to mention the violence of groups like GamerGate. I am severely disappointed in everyone who had a part in making this project.

This is going to ruin gamer culture forever.

My censorship crusade begins...here.

Because this isn´t a video game anymore, it´s hatred.

:hero:
They should put that on the box cover ... in case there will be a boxed version.
Especially this one:
Because this isn´t a video game anymore, it´s hatred.
This is epic fail. :stupid:

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They've got over 1 million views of the trailer on youtube. Keep on fighting with violence!

Killing people(in videogames) is always fun. I prefer games that do not fuck around the bush. They could tone down the edginess a bit though. Instead of an angsty edgelord monologue, better have an "average joe" silent character and let the player decide on his motives/ideology for mayhem.

They could hire Rick Hunter who voiced Postal dude.
As for the gameplay I hope they will go for police/swat/military path after the first quick level. Other way it will get boring fast.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I didn't know that Chmielarz was so uptight.

Here's a quality Polish product recommended for mr.Chmielarz:
UvkpV0O.jpg

Whoever produces this will get rich.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The funny thing is, if they were zombies everyone would be 100% okay with this.
I don't understand how people can like zombie games. I mean decaying walking corpses? So ugly.

Meanwhile, Chmielarz (Painkiller and Bulletstorm) commented that he is disgusted and embarrassed by Hatred.

But why? It doesn't have ludonarrative dissonance! :troll:
Exactly. It's disgusting how all these shits are pretending that they aren't getting kicks from killing virtual people.
If they didn't play games for virtual violence, why don't they play only adventure games or super serious games where killing happens rarely?

St. Toxic

Arcane
As for the gameplay I hope they will go for police/swat/military path after the first quick level. Other way it will get boring fast.

Hopefully civvies are the meat and potatoes of the game. They're like the lvl 1 enemy that continues to be present while difficulty ramps up, like Former Humans in Doom. After all, they still soak up bullets, they block your path, make you waste high-tier ammo which could be scarce etc. Executions are all about the visuals though, from what I understand. Not sure if giving them a gamist function, like regaining health or some shit that doesn't make sense, would be better however. I guess it could be reasonably useful as a provocation, to make cops and such jump out of cover, and as a way of dispersing other civilians which might be in the way of a real gun battle.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
This is what I don't get about neo-moral guardians. They they play violent games that have a lot of disturbing themes. Like zombies, imagine people you knew turn into zombies and you have to kill them, splatter their brains with a shotgun, chop their heads off with machetes etc. Pretty sick, how can anyone enjoy this. Or some other stuff like burnig and looting villages in Mount and Blade. It's shown as a bit of text on the screen informing you that you destroyed a village but it doesn't take a genius to imagine what happend. Homes burnt, men killed, children driven away and women raped and put to the sword - this is how looting a town looks like. I guess war atrocities are ok as long they are left for the imagination.
SJWs being buttblasted about the word "genocide" in spree-shooter game trailer, meanwhile there are games where you engage in actual genocide and destroy entire civilizations, but it's sf and you don't see the mayhem so ok.
Of course there's GTA or some other game that lets you slaughter defenseless people but it's ok because it has a somewhat funny tone and hipsters can enjoy killing in a "sort of, like, ironic kind of way".

Thane Solus

Arcane
lol, these guys dont have to invest 1$ in marketing. The SJW crowd, and the lol trolls, will promote it for free.

pretty smart... they toke a page from Bioware, EA.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Hopefully civvies are the meat and potatoes of the game. They're like the lvl 1 enemy that continues to be present while difficulty ramps up, like Former Humans in Doom. After all, they still soak up bullets, they block your path, make you waste high-tier ammo which could be scarce etc. Executions are all about the visuals though, from what I understand. Not sure if giving them a gamist function, like regaining health or some shit that doesn't make sense, would be better however. I guess it could be reasonably useful as a provocation, to make cops and such jump out of cover, and as a way of dispersing other civilians which might be in the way of a real gun battle.

We'll see. Using them as a human shields would be a good option. Go full muslim option and strap an explosives/grenade to someone and then toss the victim through the door could be implemented. Something similar to Punisher's combat system in isometric perspective. Regaining health from killing would be strange, although maybe CD guys will change the guy into the vampire or something :lol:.

St. Toxic

Arcane
We'll see. Using them as a human shields would be a good option.

Sure, there's a lot of additional stuff you can do with civilians. Human shield always struck me as a bit lame somehow, mostly because you want the target to resist to make it seem authentic, but not break free from your grab and fuck up your pacing which is how it's usually implemented in games. Wild flailing and loss of accuracy, and if they do break free after a period of time they should just run without stunning the player, which leaves you free to shoot them in the back -- I guess that might work. There's a small dilemma, of course, in that cops shouldn't just continue shooting at you when you've got a human shield, but if they don't then it gets pretty overpowered. Maybe SWAT could be all like "Lol who gives a fuck" while cops pussy out? What would be cool is herding civilians towards cops to prevent them from shooting, like if you're clearing out a mall you make sure to funnel all the civilians towards the point where cops are likely to arrive, so you can go full auto on their asses while they have to worry about innocent bystanders.

Anyway, I was thinking more if there is a good reason from a gameplay perspective to have executions. I know it's all the rage with the kids these days, where practically every violent game has execution moves, but in most cases they really shouldn't; especially when it's just a pointless cutscene. Occasionally there's a game where executions are few and far between and actually help take down an opponent that would otherwise cause a lot more problems in straight up combat, or allow you to take down several opponents simultaneously so as to avoid engaging them directly -- so it becomes a feature that makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but rarely from a gameworld perspective. In Hatred it makes perfect sense from a gameworld perspective; you're a mass murderer on a rampage, I mean, you have to execute people -- that's what you do. But from a gameplay perspective, I'm having trouble seeing how it would work.

Of course there's GTA or some other game that lets you slaughter defenseless people but it's ok because it has a somewhat funny tone and hipsters can enjoy killing in a "sort of, like, ironic kind of way".

Now that I think about it, I was watching a friend of mine play GTA5 over at my place and it sort of made me feel a bit, dare I say it, disgusted with the game? Basically, he's one of those guys that doesn't just straight up go on a rampage or follow the storyline, but instead larps around aimlessly until he gets vindictive towards npc's over minor quibbles and proceeds to torture them to death, prolonging their demise as much as possible. Most of the time it's just annoying, but on one occasion there was just something about it. The endorphin physics, the voice and the ai behavior made for a brutal 20 minutes slash-fic -- like watching a snuff film in real time. If there had been mutilation in the game, I'd probably have to go out for some air. Nothing ironic about that.

Compared to that sort of shit, rampages are pure lulz.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, if they were zombies everyone would be 100% okay with this.

Well, zombies are already dead and usually "evil"/animalistic. I'm sure everyone would still be okay if these people were equally helpless soldiers of Russia/Tribulon Empire/the Dark Lord's army or some shit, though - the problem isn't the mass murder itself, but how you don't get a "justification" for it. So a mass murder game as a mindless arcade "for points" like pacman is sick and twisted, but give it some retarded videogame plot and it's okay. TL;DR: Storyfags ruin everything as usual

bonescraper

Eh, i always thought zombies were a poor excuse to make movies and games about killing helpless civilians.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Killing civilians might be a challange if they are running away/hiding and you have to kill a certain number of them (but you can't kill the ones who left the location) or kill them in a certain time.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I really hate zombie shooters, "zombie apocalypse" preparation stuff and stuff like that there's something really obnoxious and creepy about it.

Killing civilians might be a challange if they are running away/hiding and you have to kill a certain number of them (but you can't kill the ones who left the location) or kill them in a certain time.
Yeah, I made a thread about it some time ago. Basically, time limits + number-based score + bonuses for special ways of killing are a way to make a game out of a killing spree toy.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

Exactly this. They should just make it like the movie "Falling Down" where it's just a dude deciding to go on a street rampage because the weather is hot and he's not happy. No "I hate humanity" pretentious bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom