Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Aviary Attorney - Tastefully ripping off Ace Attorney

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
http://store.steampowered.com/app/384630

The year is 1848.

Paris is on the brink of yet another revolution, and the prisons are overflowing with guilty and innocent alike.

One man stands for justice amid society's chaos. No. One bird...

footer.png

Play the role of Monsieur Jayjay Falcon, a bird of prey with a good heart and questionable lawyering expertise. Join him and his witty apprentice, Sparrowson, as the two take on clients, interview witnesses, collect evidence, and deliver justice to the guilty.

With art by 19th century caricaturist J. J. Grandville, and music by legendary romantic-era composer Camille Saint-Saëns, this game promises to be a ~swanderful~ experience.

lightbane

Arcane
Looks impressive. And this is released just after Hatoful Boyfriend received a new expansion. Coincidence? I think not. +M

Superuser

Educated
Wow. This looks good, that art is amazing.
The art is touched-up public domain art from JJ Grandville, a famous French illustrator and satirist of the early 19th century. No wonder it's so great and bizarre, given that the guy is still remembered today. :)

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Most popular reviews on Steam say this is incomplete.

This will most likely revert to a positive review, but...

You DO NOT release a game UNFINISHED. That is what Early Access is for. Yes, games are fixed along the way, but to openly admit you released a game with unfinished segments of currently accessible story paths is moronic.

So far I have played up to Act III. I absolutely love the art style, music, gameplay, animal puns, pretty much everything this game has to offer. But as it is right now (version 1.01), I have to give this game a negative review. Upon advancing the plot past the trial, where I did not have any evidence useful for cross-examination, the game simply went to a screen that said something along the lines of 'We haven't finished this yet, sorry!', and I had to manually close it. This is a huge disappointment to me, as it is one of the games I've had the most fun playing in a while. When they finish their game, I will definitely recommend it, but for now, I'm sorry to say I can't.

Great story, until you discover it's not done. This is being sold as a full game. It is not.

Wait until it's completed, then buy it on a sale.

Should be in Early Access - enjoyable initially, but incomplete and buggy.

I was enjoying Aviary Attorney at first - the graphics were charming and the plot and characters were a lot of fun. However, it transpires the game isn't complete. I entered the trial section in Chapter 3, but wasn't able to proceed due to a bug. JayJay tried to present evidence, despite the evidence not being in my inventory, with no way of backing out, leaving me stuck.

So I restarted the chapter, and got the item this time, only to be told that I couldn't carry on to Chapter 4 as the part of Chapter 4 I needed hadn't been written. I paid a tenner game for this game, without any kind of warning it was incomplete. Shoddy.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Charlie Kelly in the game? He has both experience at being a lawyer and some knowledge of bird law.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys could always try Detective Grimoire, short, simple but decent. Cheap as hell in the sale.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You guys could always try Detective Grimoire, short, simple but decent. Cheap as hell in the sale.
Agreed. I love the sound design too.
Huh, I thought Detective Grimoire was a big disappointment.
I expected a remake of a simple flash game, and I got it. Not sure what you were expecting exactly, but I'm content.

Only thing I'm disappointed about was the lack of a followup.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Just finished the first case, I was expecting a silly animal-themed Ace Attorney ripoff, but the quality of writing was really good

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just finished the first case, I was expecting a silly animal-themed Ace Attorney ripoff, but the quality of writing was really good
It's a decent game, tbh.

Some fun twists and turns.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Ah shit I didn't get the clue needed to implicate whoever owned the church of reason pamphet in chapter 3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom