Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avernum or Avadon?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
One thing that really bothers me about this game: the goddamn boss fights. Sorry, Jeff, "bosses summon lots of enemies to buttrape you if you kill them too fast" is just fucking cheap. Seriously, it's actually a better strategy to avoid attacking and just wait for them to summon their trash mobs before you actually attack. I cannot believe how fucking moronic this encounter design is at times.

Bonus points if the boss fight has an obvious source of spawning enemies (slime puddles = slimes) but you can't do anything about it before the fight. Sometimes the game even mentions "those sure look dangerous!" just to rub it in your dumb fucking face.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
One thing that really bothers me about this game: the goddamn boss fights. Sorry, Jeff, "bosses summon lots of enemies to buttrape you if you kill them too fast" is just fucking cheap. Seriously, it's actually a better strategy to avoid attacking and just wait for them to summon their trash mobs before you actually attack. I cannot believe how fucking moronic this encounter design is at times.

Have you played DnD game? Contingency HP < 1/2 of max. Summon loads of monsters and activate protective spells. Or even better shadow gate.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I bought Avernum 4,5,6 long time ago for little potato at some sale. Didn't bother to play it yet.
Convince me and tell is it good or shit and why.

I hated Avadon.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Finished Geneforge 5 a couple of days ago and having played both Avadon and Avernum, both of which i enjoyed, Geneforge was the better game overall, better story, better combat, better C&C and an unique world.

Xavier0889

Learned
The Avernum remake is boring to death. It's easier and I don't really feel that I'm progressing that much. Then again, Exile was better than the original Avernum.
But I must agree that pokemon digimon Geneforge is prob. the best Spiderweb game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom