Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Avernum 3: Ruined World announced, coming Q1 2018

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Sep 12, 2017.

1. LESS T_Tgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    Click here and disable ads!
    Well, he changed the release date on Steam to "Early 2018."

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Iznaliugender: ⚧ Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    No, since as he will repeatedly tell you, Jeff Vogel is old.

• Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Zerielgender: ⚧ Arcane

Zeriel
    Parrots:
    They say you get wiser as you get older. With game developers, there seems to be an inverse correlation: the older they get, the stupider they are.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• decline decline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Bumvelcrowgender: ⚧ Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Well, a remaster is not the same as a remake, although the cool ideas quote suggests its going to be the latter. As long as he doesn't pull a Beamdog and remove the originals then IMHO he can go on remastering as long as he wants, but unless he comes up with fresh ideas he's on a ride to diminishing returns.

^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    At least with Geneforge it would only be the first remake.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. aratukgender: ⚧ Savant

aratuk
    Parrots:
    It's something about the air around Puget Sound that lends itself to revisiting the same work. The Tarn brothers have been working on the same game for many years now, while Vogel continually updates his previous work, and Microsoft chugs along making new versions of Office and Windows and Minecraft…

I wonder if Vogel has a schedule for what will be working on for the rest of his life.

My false history would hold up better if Harebrained were working on another iteration of Shadowrun, instead of Battletech, but I guess neither of those is anything new, anyway.

^ Top  
  8. duanth123gender: ⚧ Arcane

duanth123
    Parrots:

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. UnknownBrogender: ⚧ Savant

UnknownBro
    Parrots:
    Why would I buy this if I can get the next reboot in 2026 with 3D graphics!

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Mortmalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    Probably not finished it, the avernum end game is often filled with hp bloated enemies , it gets tiresome after a while.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)