Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

Risewild

Arbiter
Since I can't change avatar or something. Is there another way of checking the available avatars?

I could take a look at the available ones and see if I could submit some that are not yet there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Improved Icewind Dale 1 avatar gallery using high-res portraits from IWD:EE:

8ofaADK.png

Plus three bonus BG2:EE avatars added in this year's 2.5 patch:

MEg9kRZ.png

And with that I believe I'm all done with the Infinity Engine.

BTW does anybody know which of the IWD portraits were added in Heart of Winter? The wiki says how many but it doesn't specify which: http://icewinddale.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Portraits

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Took me way too long to get to this. We now have an updated set of Pillars of Eternity II portraits, including crew members and companion portraits that were changed post-beta:

92P8IU1.png

Just regular portraits for now. Maybe someday I'll be bored enough to do the watercolor-style NPC portraits.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
We have leader and hero portraits from Age of Wonders 1, but that game also has a lot of good unit portraits, for example:
U_Valk.gif
U_Troll.gif
U_Yaka.gif
U_Behold.gif
U_Incarn.gif
U_Execut.gif
U_LadyOP.gif
r_dwarf.gif
u_HCharl.gif
U_Satyr.gif
U_OWarl.gif
U_FWolfR.gif
U_Syron.gif

Would these be allowed, and if so - can anyone advise how I should best approach cropping them all?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
We have leader and hero portraits from Age of Wonders 1, but that game also has a lot of good unit portraits, for example:
U_Valk.gif
U_Troll.gif
U_Yaka.gif
U_Behold.gif
U_Incarn.gif
U_Execut.gif
U_LadyOP.gif
r_dwarf.gif
u_HCharl.gif
U_Satyr.gif
U_OWarl.gif
U_FWolfR.gif
U_Syron.gif

Would these be allowed, and if so - can anyone advise how I should best approach cropping them all?

Don't need to crop them.

My policy - if width/height ratio exceeds 0.8, then instead of cropping we add a transparent strip on the right side of the image to make it square-shaped.

103/128 = 0.8046875

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Actually you included 12 race portraits that were already there, so I removed them.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PWOfeyN.png
GMP603n.png
zaryPJN.png
MguBLHz.png
GeMaC1v.png
Ipx1mhT.png

Could we celebrate the acquisition of inXile by Microsoft by finally implementing the Times of Numenera Collector's Edition portraits?

(see pics attached)

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Petition to give taxalot back his monocled cat avatar:

cat.png

Maybe we should add an exception to the rules regarding avatars with monocles. What is more Codexian than a monocle, gentlemen?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yeah, I removed that because it wasn't a real portrait from the game, it was a cropped piece of concept art.

cr=w:800,h:500,a:cc

I guess I could add it back if you insist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom