Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OA cover (Easley)
IrVw0c_coverpossiblyevilsamurai.png

OA4 cover (Easley)
BBh6EQ_coversamurai2.png

Also some interior art from OA2 (James Holloway)
OUV0zK_wadingsamurai.png
xrkD7u_drinkingsamurai.png
eIyTc0_drinkingsamurai2.png
8h4jDI_sneakingninja.png

Upload as a zip file. What is OA?

I found another spritesheet of the Rock n' roll Racing portraits, this one is a PNG with transparency and has a handsome looking Olaf.

source: https://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/rocknrollracing/sheet/77596/

link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/j9565q

Rock 'N Roll Racing! It has stats and shopping for equipment and isometric view and lots of other stuffies, it's totally a RPG.

Actually I just cropped them out of a picture with all the in-game portraits, kind of shoddy but better than nothing. In two sizes, since I don't know which is more appropriate (both sizes looks good to me):

This one contains smaller portraits, around 96 x 96 size.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/plwiej

edit: 96 is minimum for both dimensions? Oops, some of the smaller portraits won't work, then. Ignore the above link, I'll try to reupload in a few minutes...there. Now they're a bit bigger, but not as big as 125x125. Should be good.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2rq2mb

example:

CBJ0xP.jpg

This one contains them as I initially cropped them out of the pic, a bit bigger at around 125x125.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/500xwy

example:

05eL1y.jpg

The original pic, if anyone feels like doing a better job.

Siv0om.jpg

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Clockwork Knight What program did you use to create these, Irfanview? The transparency is screwed up:

Q3khjcL.png

He's got a transparency running through his helmet because it was originally black there. Somebody want to help out with this?

I expected it to look better with the Codex background :lol:

I used this site to turn the solid background color transparent and then this program to grab the portraits.

Could be a side effect of the re-sizing I did in Irfanview. The portraits originally look pretty good, like this:

But I bumped it to 96x96. If that's not necessary anymore, I could just upload these. Or somebody who knows what they're doing can make them bigger without fucking up the look.

edit: test

ckW2m9f.png
ublS6oy.png
tTUiVxz.png

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nny7fn

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If you people are too poor or too afraid of pirating software, why use garbage like Irfanview in the first place?
XNView is also free and is a much better alternative, in every respect.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
If you people are too poor or too afraid of pirating software, why use garbage like Irfanview in the first place?
XNView is also free and is a much better alternative, in every respect.

Does it know how to handle transparency beyond the rudimentary level of setting a certain color as transparent globally? That's the only problem I have with Irfanview.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If you want to add transparency to non-transparent images, I'm not sure it can do that, at least not in a batch.

Also, I don't think you can have an automatic option to replace a color with transparency if that color is also present in the image you want to keep and have good results.

I thought it was about resizing images that already have transparency.

Latelistener

Arcane
I sent a few emails to the author of IrfanView regarding the Lanczos algorithm. Basically, when you resize an image it makes it a bit blurrier (and it shouldn't).
I made a couple of pictures, but he replied that he doesn't see anything and asked me to make them smaller, so I cut out small pieces and sent them to him again, but replied that doesn't see anything anyway. :M
All in all, I just wasted my time, but now I'm using XNView for that.
I also tried FastStone, but it makes them darker for some reason. And there is GIMP, which works identical to XNview, but doesn't have batch processing.
Of course some things may have changed, it was a while ago.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Those aren't square shaped. I'll take care of these myself when I have time.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
D&D / AD&D Artwork - David A. Trampier

UULcDRS.png
oHKWXZX.png
HLlKKb8.png
Uz0ZQ1H.png
WROajQG.png
bSPBR9s.png
BUfCw7z.png
Gk4DQ2e.png
zJsZZF4.png
n7BHvs7.png

AD&D Player's Handbook Cover, AD&D Monster Manual (9 portraits) Basilisk, Devil Dispater, Dragon Turtle, Goblin, Gorgon, Groaning Spirit a.k.a Banshee, Minotaur, Pseudo-Dragon, Vampire

There are already six portraits by Trampier in the "D&D Artwork" category; these can now be filed under Trampier:

tramp5.png
tramp6.png
tramp1.png
tramp2.png
tramp3.png
tramp4.png
AD&D Monster Manual (6 portraits) Devil Baalzebul, Displacer Beast, Intellect Devourer, Lich, Lizardman, Rakshasa

D&D / AD&D Artwork - Erol Otus

JnUa9kx.png
SeCZjfD.png
fMtESWH.png
2rt885r.png
EEMr0rR.png
gevI0Wn.png
1C3pjg9.png
fjOHYaj.png
QP8YJng.png
C2H3Js7.png
FDElVtY.png
8dXXH5H.png
glJCdSX.png
uzzVYK1.png
O2RmtOQ.png

AD&D Deities & Demigods original version (3 portraits) Cthulhu, Hastur, Yog-Sothoth, A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords B&W Myconid, B3 Palace of the Silver Princess later version Cover, D3 Vault of the Drow later version B&W Drow Priestess, I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City Cover, Rogues Gallery B&W Roper, S1 Tomb of Horrors later version Back Cover, S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (2 portraits) Cover, Froghemoth, S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth Cover, D&D Basic Set 1981 (3 portraits) Cover Dragon, Cover Fighter, Cover Mage

D&D / AD&D Artwork - Gerald Brom

E4ZDULr.png
5rOaMZd.png
9nNsrds.png
47L8n96.png
8Bzt2oU.png
a73aqzo.png
DX9LLLz.png
HelkN7i.png
7IUBxif.png
z6pFCTv.png
IUNDhAC.png

DLS4 Wild Elves Cover, DLR2 Taladas the Minotaurs Cover, Dark Sun Campaign Setting Box Set (2 portraits) Box Cover, Booklet Cover, DSE1 Dragon's Crown (2 portraits) Cover, Booklet Cover, Dragon Kings Mul, DSR1 Slave Tribes Cover, CGR2 Complete Gladiators Handbook Female Fighter, DSS3 Elves of Athas Cover, Dragon Magazine #197 Cover

D&D / AD&D Artwork - Tony DiTerlizzi

LK6kv06.png
LgRJ2rU.png
NQKh6yW.png
i5EzPWO.png
hEisEge.png
ffX4o9g.png
aGJp40N.png
3gfa5E8.png
vDQ1BKv.png
TeNnYUL.png
ZQOOF7Q.png
01yP1Xq.png
jrbVG0Z.png
IbQvbVM.png
676Dsqx.png
dbKyNEN.png
TyO5ERV.png
048dhxS.png

Planescape Campaign Setting Box Set (12 portraits) Lady of Pain, Bleak Cabal, Doomguard, Dustmen, Fated, Harmonium, Mercykillers, Sensates, Transcendent Order, Dak'kon Xaositects, Cranium Rats, Quadrone, Planes of Law Box Set Monodrone, Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix I (4 portraits) Cat Lord female, Erinyes, Falls-from-Grace Succubus, Annah Tiefling, Monstrous Compendium Appendix II Eladrin Ghaele

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
There are already six portraits by Trampier in the "D&D Artwork" category; these can now be filed under Trampier:
tramp5.png
tramp6.png
tramp1.png
tramp2.png
tramp3.png
tramp4.png

AD&D Monster Manual (6 portraits) Devil Baalzebul, Displacer Beast, Intellect Devourer, Lich, Lizardman, Rakshasa

Cool, it could be nice if you could sort the others in the same way.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Cool, it could be nice if you could sort the others in the same way.
Of the portraits currently in the category "D&D Artwork":

dd4.png
is Keith Parkinson for the cover of CA2 Swords of Deceit, re-used in 2nd edition Lankhmar City of Adventure and also for SSI's Eye of the Beholder III.

dd10.png
dd9.png
are both from the same artwork (the cover of the Forgotten Realms campaign box set, 1987) by Keith Parkinson that is already in the new Parkinson folder as
DD%20FR%20Campaign%20Setting%201st%20Cover.png
. I don't think we need more than one of these three. Personally, I prefer my own, as it shows most of the the rider without zooming out to include more of the horse.

dd5.png
I thought earlier this looked like Keith Parkinson, but I had to use reverse image searching to confirm that this is indeed a Parkinson artwork used as the cover of Palladium's Adventures in the Northern Wilderness. Which means it isn't D&D/AD&D, strictly speaking. :M

dd1.png
is Larry Elmore, from the cover of the Dragonlance novel Dragons of Winter Night, depicting Laurana. Though I already included two portraits of Laurana, a black-and-white drawing by Elmore (in DL5 Dragons of Mystery) and a color cover illustration by Caldwell (DL14 Dragons of Triumph).

dd11.png
is Larry Elmore, from the cover of the Dragonlance novel Dragons of Autumn Twilight, depicting Goldmoon. Though I already included two portraits of Goldmoon, a black-and-white drawing by Elmore (DL5 Dragons of Mystery) and a color illustration by Caldwell ("Flight from Darkenwood", which I think originally appeared in a calendar, but was eventually used in PHBR13 The Complete Druid's Handbook).

dd6.png
I have no idea.

dd12.png
is Larry Elmore, from the cover of the Forgotten Realms Book of Lairs (though this artwork seems to have been created years before it was finally used by TSR). One of the portraits already in Larry Elmore's folder is from the same cover.
DD%20FR%20Book%20of%20Lairs%20Cover.png

dd7.png
I have no idea.

dd2.png
is Larry Elmore, from the cover of the Dragonlance novel Dragons of Winter Night, supposedly depicting Kitiara, though you can't really tell since she's wearing the helmet. I already included two portraits of Kitiara (sans helmet), one by Caldwell and one by Elmore (both originally appearing in calendars).

dd8.png
I though earlier this might be Larry Elmore, but I don't recognize it, and even reverse image searching yields nothing.

dd3.png
is Larry Elmore, from the cover of the Dragonlance novel Dragons of Winter Night, depicting Tasslehoff. But a portrait created from the same artwork is already in the Larry Elmore folder (plus a black-and-white drawing of Tasslehoff from DL5).
DD%20DL%20Chronicles%202%20Tasslehoff.png

There are six portraits in the new "D&D Artwork - Oriental Adventures" folder.
coverpossiblyevilsamurai.png
is by Jeff Easley (the cover of the Oriental Adventures hardcover book). The other five portraits could be moved to the "D&D Artwork" folder, allowing for the elimination of "Oriental Adventures" as a separate category.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom