Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It has to be repeated: this one is solid gold in the entertainment factor. A very nice way to start out a potentially boring day with a smile.

Subhuman

Liturgist
I'd prefer custom avatars. Not that Trashy Whore From Wasteland here doesn't have her charm, but I like options. It's all about freedom, yo.

Plus, I know fuck-all about RPGs except Fallout, and I have yet to see a Fallout avatar that isn't butt-ugly. (No offense.)

Sarvis

Erudite
Wow... that guy makes _me_ look good! ;)

Also, I'd like to go on record to support custom avatars. Signature images tend to be far more annoying on forums, whereas usually avatars are just fine.

And though you will undoubtedly ridicule me, here is the avatar I want:

bmdance.gif

Fez

Erudite
It's the thread that just keeps on giving! :lol:

I hope the cycle of stupidity never ends. It always brightens a dull moment.

Edit: I just reread this thread and it still makes me laugh, it is truly awesome. It also shows many of the posters here at their finest.

Sarvis

Erudite
Anyone know what would cause that?

I am using Apache to host that on my own machine, and I can see if here if I use that link...

The router is set up to allow connections on port 80 and forward them to this PC, and dyndns is set to the right ip address...

Sarvis

Erudite
Subhuman said:
Me no speak PC. Mac only. No more nervous breakdowns now.

I've used macs before, it's tendency to crash and lose all my settings if I left it on too long gave me a couple nervous breakdowns.

Fez

Erudite
lolleyball.gif

The title comes back to haunt you again Sarvis. :P

Sarvis

Erudite
Fez said:
Nope, it still doesn't work.

Damn your quick.

Also, just Damn.

I don't suppose you can run a tracert for me and post the results here? I have nowhere to telnet to so I can look at this from the outside... heh.

Fez

Erudite
Once the trace hits Adelphiacom.net it times out for each hop. It's fucked.

Sarvis

Erudite
Fez said:
Once the trace hits Adelphiacom.net it times out for each hop. It's fucked.

That's what I suspected. Looks like they may be blocking that port so people can't run webservers... heh.

Only problem now is I can't get it to work on a different port... *sigh*

Fez

Erudite
You could always try some crappy free host somewhere. Some of them are not so bad at least.

Fez

Erudite
Yeah, I can see it, and it so wasn't worth all that fucking effort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom